Search Home : Reference : Education : How To Study
- Study Guides and Strategies: Collection of academic study guides. Topics include classroom and study preparations; studying, writing and reading skills; math and science skills; evaluating and using web content; and preparing for tests. Authored, maintained, and revised by Joe Landsberger.
- Academic Tips: Helping students manage time, take better notes, study more effectively, improve memory, take tests and handle the stresses of college life.
- Bucknall's Refuge: Free downloads of tips on studying.
- Imperial College Health Center - Study Skills & Stress Management: Tips on stress management specifically for testing and study skills.
- LearnPlus Learning Guide: Important elements involved in the learning process: time-management, concentration, memory, attitude, and learning styles.
- Learning Skills - University of Victoria: Copyrighted e-brochures with tips on organizing notes, reading, time and study management, exam preparation and writing, writing assignments, and study strategies.
- Learning Strategies: Maximizing Your Academic Experience: Produced by Dartmouth College. Suggestions and resources for maximizing your academic experience: self-test on how you study, managing time, reading textbooks, taking notes, where and how to study, and managing stress and worry.
- Lessontutor.com - Study Habits: A collection of articles about good study habits with how-to suggestions.
- Mrs. M's Study Skills Page: Tips for middle and high school students on organization, test taking, and career planning.
- Neuromod - Online Memory Improvement Course: It is possible to improve one's memory performance in specific areas by applying memory techniques. This site explain a number of systems ranging from simple to sophisticated. The training steps are clearly laid out and in most cases online training software is provided.
- Prentice Hall's Student Success Supersite - Academic Skills: The ABC's of effective studying and test-taking techniques.
- Professor Freedman's Math Study Tips: Math test taking and note taking tips. (Note: Animation and loud music included.)
- Student Enrichment - Study Tips: Concrete ways to improve learning in class or while studying.
- Study Skills - University Of Waterloo: Nine sections: learning and remembering, time management, listening and notetaking, reading, concentration and distraction, preparing for exams, cramming, writing exams, and sleep. In each case, suggestions for changes in study habits are given.
- Study Skills Guide (College of St. Benedict's/St. John's University): Tips on time management, listening, note taking, remembering what you've read, test taking skills and stress management.
- Study Skills Memory Principles: A list of memory or learning principles with a brief definition of each. Additional information related to the principles is available.
- Study Skills Self-help Information - Virginia Tech: Articles and self-assessment tests covering scheduling and time management, memory techniques, notetaking, reading, and setting up a good studying environment.
- Study Strategies (University of Minnesota): Ways to develop study skills competency.
- Studying Revising Exams: One-page summary of studying, examination, and writing techniques.
- Taking College Courses - University of South Florida: Advice from Gregory McColm, math professor, on reading a textbook, the purpose of homework and methods for dealing with it, how the mind is affected by homework, asking questions and getting help, and tests and grades.
- UT Learning Center - Improving Memory: Theories and processes related to memory, strategies for improving memory, and details of various mnemonic techniques.
- Woman Student Online - Study Aids: Articles covering ten important topics related to being successful as a student.
This category in other languages: