Search Home : Reference : Education : Journals
- Academic Exchange Quarterly: Peer-reviewed quarterly publishes articles that contribute to effective instruction and learning regardless of level or subject.
- Academic Leadership - The Online Journal: Articles and Essays for those in academic leadership roles - from unit coordinators to university presidents.
- American Journal of Education: AJE, quarterly, encourages a dialogue between educational scholars and practitioners. From the University of Chicago Press.
- American School Board Journal: Editorially independent education journal published monthly attempting to interpret issues and offer practical advice.
- Asia Pacific Journal of Teacher Education and Development (APJTED): An international refereed journal dedicated to theory development, empirical research, policy formulation, and practical improvement in teacher education, staff development, and teaching.
- Asia-Pacific Forum on Science Learning and Teaching: A free and refereed online journal dedicated to the dissemination of innovative methods for the learning and teaching of science in schools.
- Australian Journal of French Studies: A forum for scholarly research in French literature, arts and culture.
- Beyond Behavior: The CCBD practitioner journal, published three times each year. The purpose of this journal is to publish material of special relevance to teachers and other practitioners working with students with emotional and behavioral disorders.
- Bilingual Research Journal: A peer-reviewed scholarly journal publishing research on bilingual education.
- Comparison of Teacher Magazines: A handy site for comparing the features, intended audience, and costs of popular education magazines and journals.
- Contemporary Educational Psychology: Author information, subscription details and online access for subscribers for this journal which publishes articles covering the application of psychological theory and science to the educational process.
- Current Issues in Education: A peer-reviewed scholarly journal available in full text without cost. Published by the College of Education at Arizona State University.
- Ed.Net Briefs: A weekly newsletter sent to subscribers via e-mail and posted to this web site. The newsletter contains a compilation of summaries of important or interesting education news stories, including the complete source citation.
- Education Next: A Journal of Opinion and Research: Published by the Hoover Institution at Stanford and the Program on Education Policy and Governance at Harvard. A forum on education policy and school reform that includes evidence-based original research, critiques of other research projects, and book reviews. Full text free online.
- Education Policy Analysis Archives: A peer-reviewed scholarly electronic journal publishing education policy analysis since 1993.
- Education Review: A scholarly journal of reviews of new books in education.
- Education Today: Takes a balanced editorial approach for education professionals. ET reports on the latest in teacher education, professional development, classroom management, and leadership skills.
- Education Today: Magazine published monthly during the school year for teachers and other education professionals in Australia. Contents lists and some other information offered online.
- Electronic School: A quarterly technology magazine for K-12 educators.
- Full Text Electronic Journals in Education: The "Communications Among Researchers" Special Interest Group of the American Educational Research Association has compiled this list of electronic journals in education that are peer-reviewed, full text and freely accessed. The list contains approximately 60 online journals.
- Harvard Education Letter: A bimonthly newsletter in education; covers timely topics in depth and explores issues from the perspectives of both research and practice. Current issue contents, either as full text or abstracts, and special web features.
- Harvard Educational Review: A scholarly journal on education; provides an interdisciplinary forum for discussion and debate about education's most vital issues. Since its founding in 1930, the Review has become one of the most prestigious journals in education, with a paid circulation of over 10,000 policymakers, researchers, administrators, and teachers.
- HeadFirst Colorado: Magazine focusing educational policy and reform, especially as it relates to Colorado schools.
- ITOL Journal: The Institute of Training and Occupational Learning Journal is a `resource` for those involved in the fields of training and development.
- International Journal of Education and the Arts: Includes articles, abstracts, editors, and information on how to subscribe.
- International Reading Association : Thinking Classroom/Peremena: Peer-reviewed journal, with links to parallel information in Russian concerning the Russian-language version of the journal, Peremena. International forum of exchange among those interested in promoting democratic teaching practices.
- International Reading Association : Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literature: Journal published exclusively for teachers of older learners.
- International Reading Association : The Reading Teacher: Offers practical, hands-on reading/literacy ideas for the classroom, each one based on sound theory.
- Journal of Adventist Education: A professional journal for Seventh-day Adventist teachers from kindergarten through university level, as well as educational administrators at all levels.
- Journal of Extension Systems: A biannual international journal dedicated to the cause of advancing understanding of extension systems through empirical investigations, theoretical analyses, and practical experiences.
- Journal of General Education - Penn State Press: For faculty, administrators, and policymakers, JGE is the professional forum for discussing issues in general education today. JGE addresses the general education concerns of community colleges, four-year colleges, universities, and state systems.
- Journal of International Agricultural and Extension Education (JIAEE): Official refereed publication of the Association for International Agricultural and Extension Education. Its purpose is to develop a broad research and knowledge base on agricultural and extension education in developing countries. Past editions in English, French and Spanish are available in PDF format.
- Journal of Religion and Education: A journal of analysis and comment, with the purpose of advancing public understanding and dialogue on issues at the intersections of religion and education.
- Liberal Education: Expresses the voices of educators, faculty and administrators in colleges and universities across the USA who are working to enrich liberal learning and undergraduate education.
- NASSP Bulletin: A peer-reviewed quarterly journal of the National Association of Secondary School Principals. Articles inform practice, support data-driven decisions, and advance the vision and practice of middle-level and high school principals.
- New Mexico Journal of Reading: A peer-reviewed journal for all types of articles about reading for all ages of people. Manuscripts dealing with issues, events, and research related to reading are welcome.
- Peer Review: Provides a quarterly briefing on emerging trends and key debates in undergraduate education. Each issue is focused on a specific topic.
- Phi Delta Kappan: The professional print journal for education; addresses policy issues for educators at all levels. An advocate for research-based school reform, the KAPPAN provides a forum for debate on controversial subjects.
- Practical Assessment, Research and Evaluation: A peer-reviewed electronic journal whose purpose is to provide education professionals access to articles that can have a positive impact on assessment, research, evaluation, and teaching practice, especially at the local education agency (LEA) level.
- Reading Online: A peer-reviewed journal of the International Reading Association (IRA). Focuses on literacy practice and research in classrooms serving students aged 5 to 18.
- Reading Research Quarterly: Peer-reviewed professional research journal for those committed to scholarship on questions of literacy among learners of all ages. Provides a forum for multidisciplinary research, alternative modes of investigation, and variant viewpoints about the nature of literacy practices and policies of diverse groups of persons around the world.
- Spunti e ricerche: A refereed journal encouraging excellence in Italian Studies by providing a forum for scholarly research in Italian literature, arts and culture.
- TCRecord.org: The Voice of Scholarship in Education: A peer-reviewed journal offering full-text articles from 1980-present. Thematic content collections, discussion groups, online learning modules, and book reviews.
- TEFL Web Journal: A free, Web based forum for adult level teachers, teacher trainers and researchers world-wide, TEFL aims to give English teaching professionals the opportunity to share their research and teaching practices with the international, academic teaching community.
- Teacher Librarian: The Journal for School Library Professionals: Offers free access to selected past articles, reviews of books and software for `resource` centers, as well as links to the best online resources for students, teachers, and school librarians.
- Teachers.Net Gazette: Monthly web magazine written, illustrated, and edited by teachers for teachers. Teachers are invited to submit stories and articles for publication.
- Teaching to Change LA: This journal is for educators and students and addresses issues of social justice for Los Angeles public schools and the communities that surround them.
- The British Journal of Religious Education: The academic journal for religious education, reporting relevant research, presenting philosophical perspectives and exploring appropriate pedagogy.
- The Journal of In-service Education: International refereed journal, published three times a year, offers original contributions on the subject of teacher education.
- The Journal of Scholarship of Teaching and Learning: This is a web-based, interactive academic journal publishing scholarly research and reflective essays.
- The Montana Professor: A peer reviewed publication covering issues in higher education and the Montana university system and which includes book reviews, essays and editorials.
- The Science Education Review: A review of international science education literature for the primary and high school science teacher, plus resources for the science education classroom. Edited by Dr Peter H. Eastwell.
- The Times Higher Education Supplement: Higher education and university news, features, statistics, research funding opportunities and academic jobs.
- Understanding Our Gifted: A quarterly journal for parents, educators, and counselors! Our online journal is available to you about one week earlier than the printed issue.
This category in other languages: