Search Home : Reference : Education : K through 12 : Home Schooling : Magazines and E-zines
- ACORNS: Pagan homeschool newsletter published 8 times per year: Imbolc, Ostara, Beltaine, Litha, Lughnassadh, Mabon, Samhain, Yule. Now in its 7th year and its third year in print!
- At Home In America: A free publication by homeschool veterans. Articles address homeschooling in general. Online or printed versions.
- Charlotte Mason Monthly: A free email newsletter dedicated to the methods and philosophies of Charlotte Mason, a British educator from the late 1800's.
- Classical Homeschooling Magazine: Quarterly publication promoting education through the Socratic method, study of great books, poetry, logic, and liberal arts. Contains biographies, explores curricula and methodology.
- Cobblestone Publishing: Offers educational magazines and links.
- Home Education Magazine: Articles and columns covering various homeschooling styles and philosophies, though weighted toward unschooling and interest-led learning. Online newsletter, discussion boards, library, and resources.
- Home Educator's Family Times: Monthly print publication that details educational strategies, curricula, research, resources, and events.
- Home School Helper: Twice monthly you'll receive accelerated learning tips based on recent brain research, plus encouraging articles written from a Christian viewpoint.
- Homeschool Fun Online Magazine: An e-zine focusing on lesson plans, educational support, beginning homeschooling, and creative ideas. Interactive typical days section, message boards, and classified ads.
- Homeschooling Companio- Learning Through History Magazine: Learning Through History magazine by Homeschooling Companion. Each issue includes: history articles, literature study guides, arts and crafts projects all on one featured historical topic.
- Homeschooling Horizons Magazine: A Canadian-based online and print publication designed to empower and encourage homeschoolers. Local, regional, and general topics.
- Homeschooling Today: Bi-monthly print magazine from a Christian perspective. Liberal arts instruction, teaching aids, preschool activities, science corner, recent or headline news, and curriculum reviews.
- Jewish Home Educator's Network: JHEN is a quarterly newsletter with articles, letters from readers, recipes, holiday and craft ideas, book reviews, a Jewish calendar chock-full of information and original ideas, and help columns with practical how-to advice on homeschooling.
- Kids' Town: An online ezine for homeschooled kids by homeschooled kids.
- Life Learning Magazine: Life Learning The International Magazine of Self-directed Learning is a bimonthly subscription magazine dedicated to providing trustworthy, inspiring information and a forum for discussion about self-directed, life-based learning.
- One Happy Girl: A print newsletter for homeschooled, Christian girls.
- Paths of Learning: A quarterly magazine designed to show how core values such as co-operation can be incorporated in holistic education, whether public, private, or home.
- Paths of Learning Magazine: Education Magazine for Teachers and Parents Seeking Approaches for the Whole Child - PathsofLearning.net: Educate students through diverse paths of learning. Effective magazine, books, resources & strategies for building person-centered schools that work. Broaden your perspective on what is possible in education for students, parents, and teachers working together.
- Patriarch: Bi-monthly Christian magazine for men, promoting a home-centered lifestyle, from homeschooling to courtship.
- Practical Homeschooling Magazine: A Mary Pride publication. Some features include product reviews, looking at a day with another homeschooling family, and applause for homeschooler's achievements.
- SALT Magazine: A monthly magazine for Christian home schoolers. Provides a sample issue and subscription information.
- Sports Spectrum Magazine: Biographies with a Christian emphasis.
- Teach Magazine: An ezine To Encourage And Challenge Homeschoolers (T.E.A.C.H.) with articles, helps, curriculum suggestions, and homeschool support. From a Christian persepctive.
- Texas Home School Coalition Review: A free quarterly magazine published by the Texas Home School Coalition "by Texans, for Texans." Articles about home schooling in Texas and an "alert" newsletter about items that effect home schooling being considered in the Texas legislature.
- The Algebra Times: Free monthly newsletter created to help children understand and excel in algebra. For teachers, tutors, parents, and homeschoolers.
- The Education Revolution Magazine: The networking magazine of the Alternative Education Resource Organization. Includes articles about public and private alternative schools and homeschooling.
- The Home School Court Report: A bimonthly publication of the Home School Legal Defense Association focusing on current political and legal issues.
- The Homeschool ConneXion: An online magazine by homeschooled teens sporting features, finance, fine arts, 4H, and fun stuff.
- The Journal of Homeschooling, HomeFires.com: This commercial site offers a free daily e-zine that includes: Monday=Math; Tuesday=Science; Wednesday=Language Arts; Thursday=Social Sciences; Friday=Virtual Field Trips; and Saturday=Electives: Art, Music, Foreign Languages. Most everything else on the site, including articles, are for sale.
- The Link: Free, inclusive, national homeschool newspaper. Articles run the gamut of styles and philosophies.
- The Old Schoolhouse Magazine: Print magazine featuring articles from popular authors, product and curriculum reviews, state organization information, encouragement, new homeschooler assistance, and monthly contests. From a Christian perspective.
- The Teaching Home: Bimonthly magazine devoted to a Christian perspective of home education. Features include curriculum reviews, getting started, humor, teaching tips, and character training.
- The Utmost Way Magazine: A Christian-oriented ezine for homeschoolers, including a section for chronically ill homeschoolers and missions information.
- The World & I Homeschool Resource and Archive: An interdisciplinary monthly ezine with curricula tied to state standards, teachers' guides, activities, and articles.
- Unless The Lord ... Magazine: Bimonthly magazine for homeschooling Christian parents. Offers a homeschooling focus without a focus on curricula.
- Why We Homeschool News: Amusing homeschool news and opinions in an ezine format, updated weekly.