Search Home : Reference : Education : K through 12 : Home Schooling : Unschooling
- African-American Unschooling: A central `resource` point for Afro-centric unschooling.
- Alternative Learning Foundation: ALF supports alternative learning concepts, and provides introductory information and resources.
- Can a Christian Be an Unschooler?: A rebuttal by Patrick Farenga to Mary Hood's assertion that Christianity and unschooling don't mesh.
- Family Unschoolers Network: Newsletter articles, reviews, resources, and message boards.
- Five Steps to Unschooling: In this Home Education Magazine article, Joyce Kurtak Fetteroll lays out the step by step path to unschooling.
- Home Sweet Home-School: Resource links, articles, unschooling and encouragement forums, and virtual field trips.
- Home Taught: Gail Withrow argues that unschooling is not actually homeschooling.
- Homeschooling Reflections: A mentoring support book for those now unschooling from a mother of five.
- Live Free Learn Free: A print magazine for unschoolers and relaxed homeschoolers in which to share ideas, stories, and experiences. All material is written by readers.
- Mary Griffith: Information on unschooling author's books, The Unschooling Handbook and The Homeschooling Handbook, essays, discussion, event calendar, biographical information, and speaker availability.
- Natural Learning Page: An essay taken from Amy Bell's internet presentation, defining unschooling as children determining what they learn, when they learn, how they learn, and why they learn.
- Not Back To School Camp: An annual camp for unschooled teens in Oregon. Sports, vegetarian meals, workshops, and unschooled activities.
- TexasUnschoolers.com: Statewide information hub for unschooling families.
- The Garden Gate School: Homeschool Away From Home: Original essays, writing contests for adults and children, and resources with an unschooling perspective.
- The Libertarian Unschooling Page of Nemesis Eudaimonos: Unschooling, libertarian style.
- The Unprocessed Child: Living Without School: Valerie Fitzenreiter's book which explains how she unschooled her daughter, Laurie Chancey, from birth to college.
- The Winona Farm: The Gallien family runs this retreat for unschooling families. Bike trips, canoe trips, farm work, and outdoor activities are available.
- UnSchoolers Online: News, articles, links, support groups, and resources.
- Unschooling Or Homeschooling?: Billy Greer compares the two terms and analyzing what makes unschooling unique. A Family Unschoolers Network article.
- Unschooling Sermon: A definition of unschooling from the pulpit of Davies Memorial Unitarian Universalist Church.
- Unschooling Support Center: The Homeschool Zone offers featured links, articles, reading resources, and meet-the-authors discussions.
- Unschooling or Homeschooling: What's the Difference?: Gail Withrow explains the difference between unschooling and homeschooling. Unschooling is letting the child lead and control her own education. With homeschooling the ultimate control and responsibility for education rests with the parents, not with the child.
- Unschooling.com: An online library, resources, message boards, and networking opportunities sponsored by Home Education Magazine.
- Unschooling: Delight-Driven Learning: FAQs, articles, message board, and a "How To Answer Criticism" section.
- Waldorf Inspired Students at Home: Provides lesson plans and support materials for homeschooling based on the Waldorf model.
- Waldorf-Enlivened Unschooling: An information and family page from Terra So Luna's tribe. Included are book reviews, helpful hints for the elementary grades, why Waldorf fits perfectly with paganism, and calendar-based activities.
- What God Thinks about Unschooling: Harvey Bluedorn of Trivium Pursuit argues that unschooling is incompatible with Christianity.
- What Is Unschooling?: In this Home Education Learning Magazine essay, Karen Gibson explains unschooling as trusting that your child will learn what he needs to know for his own life, in his own time frame.
- What is Unschooling?: The Center for Unhindered Living offers its definition and the experience of its members.
- What the Bible Teaches to Home Schoolers: Unschooler RM Baseman argues that Christians must not educate their children in a restrictive, stiff and authoritarian manner.
- Why Christian Unschooling is an Oxymoron: One person's contrary view.
- Yahoo! Groups: Elder Tree Pagan Homeschool: Support and ideas for Pagan educators, especially those unschooling.
- Yahoo! Groups: Muslims and Home Education: Muslims and Home Education is a support `group` for unschooling families, and a friendly forum for women to exchange ideas and suggestions.