Search Home : Reference : Education : K through 12 : Home Schooling
- 4HomeSchool.Info: Alphabetical registry for home school information. Listed are curriculum choices, supplies, articles, and teacher helps.
- A-to-Z Home's Cool: Homeschooling community and portal site: chat, boards, events, articles, kids' sites, links to learning materials, support groups, ideas for educating teens, and laws worldwide. Also includes sample forms and transcripts.
- About.com Homeschooling Community: Homeschooling community with annotated links, unit studies, games, chat, forum, state laws, local resources, and a weekly newsletter.
- Afrocentric Homeschoolers Association: Resource for families wishing to incorporate Afrocentric homeschooling. Links, activities, and email group.
- Carschooling: Ideas and resources for learning while in the car.
- Charlotte Mason Approach: Articles to help apply the Charlotte Mason approach.
- Cottage School Search Site: Cottageschool.net allows you to find homeschoolers, cottage and classical schools, teacher and tutors close to your home.
- Denim Jumpers: New homeschooling information, articles, filtered search function, and top ten lists. From a Christian perspective.
- DonnaYoung.org: Print-outs, forms, planners, handwriting practice sheets, grading cards, cursive animations, and `resource` links.
- EasyFunSchool.com: Provides free articles, `resource` links, a newsletter, and other features to help make homeschooling easier and more enjoyable.
- Eclectic Homeschool Online: An online homeschool community with extensive resources and support for creative homeschoolers, including state laws and regulations, curriculum reviews, articles, and a bookstore.
- Educational Freedom: A news digest of home education in the media. In addition to the news stories, commentary, humor, and cartoons are included.
- Educationsense: Down-to-earth support, resources, products, services and camps, by home educators for home educators. Includes discussion lists, de-cluttering pages and "The Festival Folk Finder".
- GeorgieAcres Academy of Creative Education: Portal site including `resource` links, articles, news, and message boards.
- HSAdvisor.com: Homeschooling forum, FAQ, curriculum and textbooks for sale, local support `group` listings, and various states' homeschooling laws.
- HUUmans on the Web: A voice for alternatives to traditional public schools and for school reform ideas that include homeschooling as a viable educational choice.
- Higher Aim for Homeschooling: Presents homeschooling resources, information and articles. Also offers curriculum on American government and how it works.
- Home School Families of Twins (HSFT): Resource for educating, encouraging, and inspiring families with twins or triplets of all ages. Veteran home schooling moms helping those with new multiples for a fee.
- Home Schooling: An Overview: Short article with citations.
- Home Schools Advisor: News and `resource` recommendations.
- Home-Schooled.com Alumni Directory: Bulletin boards, classifieds, and user pages for this alumni directory which seeks to connect homeschoolers throughout the world.
- HomeHearts: Step-by-step guide for home educators developing their homeschools. Philosophy, methods, curriculum, testing, and organization helps. Includes recommendations and links.
- Homeschool 411: A non-religion based home school website offering tips, advice, resources, suggestions, and ideas on home schooling.
- Homeschool Central: Advice for new homeschoolers, columns from the Miserly Mom, Catholic resources, preschool through high school activities, and information on individual states.
- Homeschool Country: Includes articles, lesson-planning worksheets, and links to other resources.
- Homeschool Enrichment: Portal site offering free email, forums, articles, shopping, and recommendations from a Christian perspective.
- Homeschool Highway to Learning: Complete Resource information for the beginning homeschooler. Free newsletter, free curriculum information, chat room and online bookstore.
- Homeschool Social Register: Offers a free service allowing homeschoolers to get in touch with other homeschoolers in their area while protecting each party's privacy. Separate pages for towns, cities and counties in the United States, Canada, and New Zealand.
- Homeschool World: Home of Mary Pride's Practical Homeschooling magazine and homeschooling community. Large number of articles, news, online experts, up-to-date events list, groups listed by state, contests listing, forum, email newsletter, and links area.
- Homeschool Zone: Comprehensive site for home educators, parents and kids with information on starting homeschooling, resources to support your program, online support groups, and newsletters.
- Homeschool.com: Resources and information including articles and message boards.
- Homeschooled Multiples: Message boards, educational sites, an egroup, and advice from other parents who educate twins, triplets, quads, or more.
- Homeschooling 101: Why We Do It: Part of NPR's All Things Considered: The Changing Face of America series.
- Homeschooling Boys: Articles, links, contests, an email list, forums, and advice all boy-specific. From a Christian perspective.
- Homeschooling Links and More: Provides information on getting started, preschool through high school, curriculum, lesson plans, math, language arts, science, gifted and otherwise-gifted children.
- Homeschooling Resources: Links to resources, schools, and educational tools.
- Homeschooling at FamilyEducation.com: Advice and information, activities, product reviews, discussion boards.
- Homeschooling on a Shoestring: Frugal ideas for homeschooling, including unit studies, educational software reviews, recipes, and safety tips.
- Homeschooling.Com: Homeschooling portal containing legal information, opinion pieces, resources, forms, and high school helps.
- Integrity Online's Homeschool Forum: Resources, links and forums.
- Jon's Homeschool Resource Page: A large collection of homeschool resources. Online support groups, regional support groups, FAQs, discussion boards, chat, mailing lists and links.
- K12: Information on this complete curriculum developed by former education secretary, Bill Bennett.
- Koinonia with Steve and Terri: Information from a mom with 16 year's experience. Bible study covers God's covenants from Genesis through Revelation and what it means to be a New Testament Christian.
- Learn in Freedom!: Resources for unschoolers, homeschoolers, and all learners, with or without school.
- Learning Treasures: Provides worksheets, unit studies, articles, and a newsletter.
- Magic Lark Learning: This website contains advice and resources for making learning motivating and fun, including a free quarterly online journal of poems and stories for kids.
- Nethomeschool.com: Homeschool portal including state resources, laws, information, an "Ask Julie" column, and articles.
- Returning Educational Choices to Parents: Links, statistics and information supporting the case for home schooling versus government programming.
- Teach Your Children Well: This is a secular site with a message board and regularly updated news from which homeschoolers can get lesson ideas.
- Teach-At-Home: Providing links to news, articles, study guides, and support groups.
- TeachingMom.com: Message board, articles, and resources for homeschooling and family life. From a Christian perspective.
- Testing: What about testing? Is it required? Where do we get testing information?
- The Breathing Room: A site for the encouragement and education of Charlotte Mason homeschoolers.
- The Classroom: Educational portal for supplies, information and links.
- The Grace Homeschool Academy: An online learning `resource` for grades K-12 homeschoolers. Grace provides over 140 courses in all major subjects and provides real-time teacher support for parents and students.
- The Home School Haven: Includes lesson plans, downloads, and message boards.
- The Home School Source: Services include a lending library with mailing direct to homes, a curriculum and book store, swap and discussion boards, and events listings.
- The HomeSchool Times: Offers support for homeschoolers with message boards for adults and children, articles, and lesson plans.
- The Homeschool Oasis: Encouragement for those considering it, starting out or burning out. Plan to spend some time exploring this 300-plus page site.
- TheHomeSchoolMom.Com: A variety of free resources for home educators, from software to unit studies. Also lists academic contests, homeschooling styles, and curriculum recommendations.
- Treasured Time for Homeschooling: Teaching ideas on do-it-yourself homeschooling, chat room and forum.
- Trivium Pursuit: Resources for applying classical Christian education to homeschooling. Home to the Trivium Email Loop, an Internet Guide for homeschoolers, articles by Harvey and Laurie Bluedorn, listing of national contests open to homeschoolers, seminar schedule, a great books list, all about Greek, Logic, Speech and Debate.
- Yahoo! Groups: Homeschool Free: An online `group` offering tips on homeschooling at no cost.
- You Can Teach Your Kids at Home: Provides learning activities geared toward preschoolers. Includes teaching tips, story stretchers, and a guide to getting started.
- apricotpie.com: Essays and poetry written by homeschoolers.