Search Home : Reference : Education : Special Education
- A Guide to the Individualized Education Program: The purpose of this guidance is to assist educators, parents, and state and local educational agencies in implementing the requirements of Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) regarding Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for children with disabilities, including preschool-aged children.
- Beyond Play: Early intervention products for children birth to five with special needs.
- Communication and Speech Language Links: An annotated index of pointers to resources and information on the Internet relevant to speech-language disorders and differences.
- Council of Educators for Students with Disabilities: Section 504 and special education (IDEA) resources and conferences for educators of students with disabilities.
- Dr. Mac's Amazing Behavior Management Advice Site: Offers positive and practical ideas for managing student behavior. Post a concern on the bulletin board and get suggestions from teachers around the world.
- ERIC Clearinghouse on Disabilities and Gifted Education: Resources for learning to read, reading to learn, research connections, e-mail lists for discussion groups, links to other information sources, digests, fact sheets and minibibs.
- Mercy Home for Boys & Girls: Residential home for at-risk youth. Chicago, IL.
- National Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center (NECTAC): Supports the implementation of the early childhood provisions of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
- OSEP Technical Assistance and Dissemination Network Projects: Consists of over 40 projects funded by the United States Department of Education's Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services. Offers information and technical assistance on a broad range of disability and special education issues including early childhood, deaf/blind, finance, inclusion, minorities, parents, outcomes, personnel preparation, technology, and transition.
- Pathways Awareness Foundation: An organization which focuses on physical, movement, and motor delays and disabilities.
- Sign Language Interpreter Education Directory: Contains links to colleges and universities in the US and Canada which have interpreter education programs. Also contains useful links for working interpreters.
- Special Education News: News related to educating students with disabilities.
- Special Populations: Information on Special Education rules, regulations. Technicial assistance documents various disability categories. Interactive IEP training.
- The Childhood League Center: Early Intervention and preschool for children with special needs and their families.
- The Institute on Community Integration, a University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities: ICI conducts research, training, technical assistance, and dissemination to improve the lives of persons with disabilities and their families.
- The Maddux Special Education Home Page: Information on Disabilities: Information about special education, including links.
- Transition Coalition: Resources for providing transition services to young adults with disabilities in secondary special education. Features include free publications, e.training, and contacts for parents, service providers, and teachers.
- Unique Link: Provides interactive sensory enriched social skills training, tutoring, and school facilitating to children in one-on-one and `group` environments. Services offered in school, home, or clinic setting.
- Venango County Early Intervention: Caring for children with special needs.
- Washington PAVE: Parent-directed organization that exists to increase independence, empowerment, and future opportunities for consumers with special needs, their families and communities, through training, information, referral and support.
- [Suite 101] Special Needs Issues: Articles and links related to the education of people with special needs.
This category in other languages: