Search Home : Reference : Knots
- 5.10 Climbing Club: Double Butterfly: Explanation, illustrations, and instructions.
- Alrama's Knots: Animated graphics of several knots being tied.
- Animated Knot Tying Software: Downloadable demonstration software
- Baggy's Rope Box: Covers the Angler's loop, the Fisherman's knot, and the Friendship knot. Step by step illustrations and instructions.
- Beer Knot: Photos and instructions for tying this variant of the water knot.
- Best Knots for Fishing and Outdoors: Illustrations and instructions for a large number of knots used in fishing, boating and paddling.
- Blue Ridge Mountain Rescue Group: Covers climbing and rescue knots including how to make a seat harness from webbing and the bowline-on-a-coil. Photos and instructions.
- Caving Knots: Illustrated guide to the most commonly used knots in underground exploration.
- Climerware: Analysis of the strength loss caused by using a girth hitch. Climbing variations of the girth hitch, the dogvine, the mule knot, and the Figure-8. How to tie a bowline and clove hitch one-handed.
- Grogono Animated Knots: Includes information on knots for boating and scouting.
- Ian's Shoelace Site: Illustrations and instructions. Including common, faster and more secure knots. Also a section on different methods of lacing shoes.
- Irish Climbing: Covers common climbing knots, including five friction knots for ascending the rope. Illustrations and common uses.
- Knot Knotes: Trivia, jokes, records, projects, and games. Knot basics. Downloadable fonts.
- Knot Knowledge: Covers single loop knots, double loop knots, hitches, friction knots, bends, and stopper knots. Step by step instructions with photos. Definitions of terminology.
- Knots on the Web: A collection of knotting resources.
- New Zealand Speleological Society: Covers common caving knots including the Figure 8, Figure 9, Alpine Butterfly, Italian hitch, and Tape knot. Illustrations and common uses.
- Notable Knot Index: New, useful, and interesting bends, loops, hitches, and knots.
- Rec.crafts.knots FAQ: Frequently asked questions for the newsgroup, covering resources, recommendations, and links.
- Rope Rescue: Covers common rescue knots including the Tensionless hitch, Mariner's knot, and Inline Figure 8. Illustrations and appropriate uses.
- Ropers Knots Pages: Index of knots with links, illustrations, and descriptions.
- Ropeworks: A book of knots, hitches, splicing, lashing and rope making.
- Ruckus Society: Covers the Fisherman's knot, Bowline, Prusik, Water knot and several hitches. Illustrations and common uses.
- Sailfree: Common sailing knots, including the Figure 8, Square knot, Sheet bend, Clove hitch, and Bowline. Illustrations, instructions, and common uses.
- Six Exploding Knots: Covers six knots that untie easily, including the Sliding Butterfly, Double Carrick bend, and Clove Hitch Biting a Bight. Step-by-step illustrations with instructions and a table of properties.
- Sophia-Antipolis Speleogical Society: Covers common caving knots including the double figure-8 on a bight and the farmer's knot. Illustrations.
- Sporting Adventures Kids Knots: Covers the Bowline, the Fisherman's, the Clove hitch, and the Blood knot. Animated with instructions. Requires Shockwave Player.
- Team Whiskers Knots: Catfishing Team. Includes information on baits, knots, rigs, tackle, recipes, and tournaments.
- The Knotting Dictionary of Kännet: Covers some common and some uncommon knots, including the Reef knot, Square knot, Sheepshank, Simple Simon Over, Monkey's Fist, and Vice Versa. Illustrations and common uses. What the knot is called in other languages. User-submitted comments.
- The Lehigh Group: Covers common marine knots, plus the Hangman's knot, the Scaffold knot, and the Gallows knot. Illustrations and common uses.
- The Pitzen Knot: Illustrations and step-by-step instructions.
- The Prusik Knot: Discussion, comments, and tips regarding use for both sailing and climbing. History.
- USSDG Sutures: Guide to surgical knots, including sutures.
- University of New England Mountaineering Club: Covers the Alpine Butterfly, Bowline, Clove hitch, and Fisherman's knot. Animation and common uses.
- iKnot: Sells a video showing knots and splices tied from the user's perspective. Also how to create a rope making machine.
This category in other languages: