Search Home : Reference : Libraries : Library and Information Science : Librariana : Humor
- All About Deselection (a.k.a. Weeding) for Libraries: Tongue-in-cheek checklist.
- Biblia's Warrior Librarian Weekly: Satirical electronic journal featuring original library humor.
- Conan the Librarian: Conan inhabits the mythical Information Age, where he is a typical reference librarian. His world nevertheless bears some strange similarities to our own. From the Minnesota Association of Law Libraries.
- Dave's Guide to the Library: Secrets, bad ideas, funny books, and jokes.
- Great Moments in the History of Technical Services: From 4362 B.C. to 1920.
- Hypatia's Humorous Library Tales: Such categories as Strange Items Found in Books, Weird Patrons, and Creepy Crawlies.
- I am the Very Model of Computerized Librarian: Gilbert and Sullivan parody, lyrics by Diane M. O’Keefe, MSLS, and Janet T. O’Keefe, MLS.
- Job Title Generator for Careers in Library and Information Science: The Job Title Generator will predict your future job title in the world of library and information science professionals.
- Librarian Avengers: Commentary on libraries and librarians including why one should fall to his knees and worship librarians.
- Librarian's Lao-Tzu: The Book of the Library and Its Ways: Lao Tzu, the reputed author of the work, was a librarian. This is the first attempt by a fellow librarian to translate the Tao te Ching.
- Library Books 4U: Stories and quotes about libraries.
- Library Cartoons: An annotated bibliography of cartoons dealing with aspects of librarianship.
- Library Humor: Original comedy pieces, including "Top Ten Job Ad Mistakes" and "Nancy Drew in Library School."
- Library Humor: Humorous stories and cartoons about libraries, librarians, and related topics.
- Library Humour: IFLA collection of library humour. Includes such categories as Library Laws (with apologies to Murphy), Lightbulb Jokes, and Perfect Excuses.
- LibraryBliss.com: Selection of jokes.
- Peep Research: Research into the information literacy skills of Peeps. Includes detailed documentation and pictures on this special population of Easter candy.
- Stupid Duhrector Tricks: Questionable decisions of library directors.
- The Driving Insane: This blog provides a glimpse into the alternate, semi-psychotic universe of the local public library (with some forays into the outside world.)
- The Laughing Librarian: Huge collection of links, Zen koans, bookmarks and signs, sig file quotes.
- The Lighter Side of Librarianship: Links to a variety of entertaining library- or book-related resources, including the Book Game, Wordplay, library records, and others.
- The Lipstick Librarian: She's bold, she's sassy, she's helpful.
- Tom the Dancing Bug: Ruben Bolling's Tom the Dancing Bug considers the possibilities of the public library. From Salon.com.
- Unshelved: Daily comic strip set in a public library.