Search Home : Reference : Libraries : Library and Information Science : Software
- ABC Buyer's Guide to Purchasing Library Software: Top questions to ask when purchasing library software. This `resource` will save your organization much hassle and ensure that you get the right solution.
- ACTIVE Library Software - Win/Web Library Management System: Web and windows library software based on Microsoft .NET technology. From Enterprise Tracking Systems.
- ADLIB Information Systems: Specializes in library management systems and software; archive and records management systems; document management and control systems; membership systems and image database applications.
- ALICE Library Automation System.: Known as ALICE in Europe and Australia, ANNIE in America, EMBLA in Iceland, and OASIS elsewhere. Particularly strong in school libraries but also in other areas. Vendor is Softlink (Australia).
- Access-It Software Ltd.: Library automation program designed for schools and small businesses with both Macintosh and Windows platforms.
- Andrew Osborne's Library Automation Pages: Offering information to systems librarians on a variety of library systems and vendors.
- Aurora Library system: Complete library sytem from Aurora Information Technology, also provides access to the Internet and the global library through incorporation of Z39.50 and Web tools to provide a full `resource` discovery tool.
- Auto-Graphics, Inc.: Suppliers of library automation software, electronic content management, and electronic publishing solutions, including thelibrarycard.net.
- Automation Trends: ARL Libraries: Listing of systems used by member libraries.
- Bailey Solutions Ltd.: Developers of PenLib, KnowAll, Konduct and PenWeb integrated library management systems, built on Microsoft Access and SQL.
- Biblio Tech Review: Electronic journal covering library automation, software, library computerisation, text retrieval, electronic publishing and digital libraries reviews.
- BiblioMondo Inc.: Vendor that provides software for digital collections for library consortiums.
- Book Collector: Software for managing a book library collection.
- Book Systems, Inc.: Library automation software developer, library cataloging services, data conversion, MARC record support, z39.50 modules, and other library automation software add-ons.
- BookWhere 2000 Cataloging Software: Software package that allows the user to search hundreds of library databases via the Internet and capture MARC records using the Z39.50 protocol. Free evaluation software is available.
- Bookpedia: Book cataloging software for Mac OS X.
- Books for MacOS X: An open-source personal library management tool.
- CDS/ISIS Database Software: Micro CDS/ISIS is an advanced non-numerical information storage and retrieval software developed by UNESCO since 1985.
- Cadomel Library Management Systems: UK supplier of library automation systems for school and other small libraries, including barcode labels and scanners.
- Church Related Online Software Systems (CROSS Systems): Library 1.7 online cataloging automation software for books, videos, tapes, CDs; and Inventory 1.3 asset management and tracking for clergy, churches, schools, businesses, and personal applications. Windows 3.x/9x/NT.
- Contec Group International: New Zealand based company providing library management software including applications designed specifically for schools and digital collections.
- Data Research Associates, Inc.: DRA provides library automation systems, electronic networking services and other related services for libraries.
- Dynix: Library automation systems, imaging, cataloging and archiving software.
- EOS International: Offers client/server library automation for libraries. Includes demonstration version of software.
- Elvis Digital Library (ElvisDL): e-Library with semantics based on a J2EE platform and XML database, which offers a complete solution and is distributed through SourceForge on a GPL licence.
- Endeavor Information Systems, Inc.: Developers of Voyager integrated library systems and other library automation products.
- Epixtech: Library automation systems, including iPac. Includes product information and support.
- Epixtech UK: Supplier of library automation software and systems. With product information and sales.
- Ex Libris: Developers of integrated library system software.
- Fedora: Flexible Extensible Digital Object and Repository Architecture: Funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and jointly developed by the University of Virginia and Cornell University, Fedora is a general-purpose, open-source digital object repository system.
- Geac Library Solutions: Library management software from Vubis.
- Greenstone Digital Library Software: Software suite for building and distributing digital library collections.
- IS Oxford: Information about the Heritage Library Management System.
- Innovative Interfaces Inc.: Information about Millennium, a Web and Java library system.
- Innovative Internet Applications in Libraries: Highlights examples of effective use of the Internet in the following categories: virtual reference desks, innovative Internet librarians, library e-journals, image maps in public library sites, e-mail subscription newsletters in public libraries, book and reading lists, special collections (exhibits), and online catalogs.
- Integrated Library System Reports: An electronic newsletter designed to assist information professionals with integrated library system issues. ILSR's mission is to locate up-to-date IOLS information, provide an IOLS reference database, and track new IOLS industry developments and trends.
- KLAS, Keystone Library Automation System: Provides full service software, hardware, and support solutions for library automation. KLAS is a fully integrated solution applicable to many types of libraries, particularly those serving geographically diverse patron communities.
- Koha - Open Source Library System: Free Open Source Library System, which has a full catalogue, opac, circulation, member management and acquisitions package.
- Lending Library Software: Library automation software information including features and pricing.
- LibSmart: Automation software aimed at small libraries.
- LibSuite: Libsuite is a Application Service Provider for Library Automation software LibSuite.
- Libdata.com: Fully Internet based library automation system. Does not require any software installation as it works with your browser across the Internet. Mainly for Churches and small private schools. Demonstration site.
- Libero: Library management system is used in public and corporate libraries, academic as well as government libraries. Australian-owned and designed.
- Libertoy: Toy library management system designed to manage users, collections, loans, renewals, fines, accounting, statistics and includes bar code support.
- Library Automation Management: Provides a combination of consulting, implementation, and integration services specifically for the small and medium-sized school, special, or public library.
- Library Concepts: Providers of PC Card Catalog, a library automation system for smaller libraries. Product information and demo download.
- Library Technology Guides: Guides to library automation in a number of specialized categories.
- LibraryCom: Online library automation service. With a standard Web browser one can search, catalog, or circulate from any location on the Internet. Data is always available, backed up and secure.
- LibraryTools.com: Makers of LC Easy and Dewey Easy, library skills training tutorials which run on Mac OS X and all Windows versions above 3.1.
- Limes Software Ltd.: Developers of the Millennia and Evolution library management systems.
- MC2 Systems: Low cost library management solutions for every type of library.
- Mandarin Library Automation, Inc.: Software developer and hardware supplier offering Mandarin M3, authority control, web gateway, Z39.50 modules, serials and acquisitions, barcodes, web hosting, union catalog, and data conversion.
- Minisis: Database management software. Product information and support.
- MyLibrary: Open source software for customizable library portals.
- Neuton Data Systems: School library automation products and services. DOS-based.
- New Generation Technologies Inc.: Library automation software that includes catalog, circulation, OPAC, MARC, and report generator.
- Open DLib: An extensible software toolkit that can be used to create a digital library by either loading or harvesting the content to be managed.
- Open Source Systems for Libraries News: News site for open source systems for libraries.
- Perpustakaan Library Software: For school, company, and institutional libraries. With cataloging, circulation, past-due tracking, and bar-coding.
- PhpMyLibrary: PHP MySQL Library automation application. The program consist of cataloging, circulation, and the webpac module. The programs also has an import export feature.
- Primasoft.com - Book Organizer Deluxe: Windows software that allows users to organize, catalog, and manage their book collections.
- Prism Computer Solutions: Software automation for schools, public libraries, special libraries, and corporate libraries.
- Public-Library.com: Offers several software applications marketed at libraries.
- Pustaka: Product information.
- Readerware: A Windows-based library management system.
- Redams: Inter-library reservation and loan system.
- Remote User Authentication in Libraries: Links to reports on remote authentication in libraries, to software that supports authentication and to user authentication in general. Maintained by Steve Hunt, Santa Monica College Library.
- ResourceMate: Library cataloging, searching, and circulation software for churches and schools. Windows 3.1 / 95 / 98 / NT / 2000 / XP
- Sagebrush Corporation: Offers library automation software, library cataloging services, union catalog, data conversion, MARC records, Winnebago Spectrum, Athena, reading programs, scanners, WebManager.
- Sirsi Corporation: Library automation, archives, and Z39.50 resources software.
- Softlink Europe Library Automation: Softlink Europe Library Automation Software, suppliers of the Alice library automation and management software and BookWizard.
- Spydus: Integrated library automation system designed to meet the needs of today's library, museum, historical society, art gallery, or information `resource` center.
- Surpass Software: Offers library automation products and services that can be used either as a fully-integrated automation package, or as individual components to enhance and expand current automation products. Most products are available for a free 30 or 60 day trial.
- Talis: Provides library management systems to the UK and Ireland. Includes comprehensive information about the company, its products and services, and user support.
- Tapir for DSpace: The Theses Alive Plug-in for Institutional Repositories developed at Edinburgh University Library (EUL) provides the ability within DSpace to operate a supervised authoring facility.
- The Library Corporation (TLC): Native Windows NT fully integrated library automation system. Cost effective access to current information technology.
- VTLS, Inc.: Produces integrated solutions for managing library collections and creating digital libraries.
- Very Innovative Webpacs: Selection of Innovative Interfaces webpacs that either contain special features or display unusually good design.
- Virtual Data Center (VDC): A complete open-source, digital library system for the management, dissemination, exchange, and citation of collections of quantitative or numeric data.
- course/control: Reserves management system, with information and free download.
This category in other languages: