Search Home : Reference : Libraries : National
- Argentina: National Library of Argentina.
- Australia: National Library of Australia.
- Austria: Österreichische Nationalbibliothek.
- Belarus: National Library of Belarus. Located in Minisk, Republic of Belarus. Founded in 1922, the present name was adopted in 1992. Collections include more than 7,300,000 items in more than 50 languages and date from 1715. Official depository of the Republic of Belarus, the United Nations (with an emphasis on UNESCO materials) and the former Soviet Union in all fields of knowledge.
- Belgium: Royal Library Albert.
- China: National Library of China. Information and services.
- Czech Republic: Czech Republic National Library. The largest and one of the oldest public libraries in the country, its collections number some six million items dating from the eleventh century, and include part of the personal library of Tycho de Brahe and the Mozartiana (Mozart's Memorial). Facilities are available to adult citizens, government agencies, and international library organizations.
- Denmark: The Royal Library at Copenhagen. Information, services, and catalog.
- Egypt: National Agricultural Library. Catalog, services, and collection information.
- Estonia: National Library of Estonia
- Finland: Helsinki University Library, the National Library of Finland.
- France: Bibliothèque nationale de France. Collections and virtual exhibitions.
- German National Library of Medicine - Cologne: The principal specialized library for medicine in the Federal Republic of Germany.
- Germany: German National Library. National bibliographic information center for the Federal Republic of Germany, responsible for the collection, processing and bibliographic indexing of all German and German-language publications issued since 1913.
- Hungary: National Szechenyi Library.
- Iceland: National and University Library of Iceland.
- Iran: National Library of Iran.
- Ireland: National Library of Ireland. Services and collections.
- Israel: Jewish National and University Library.
- Italy: Biblioteca nazionale centrale di Roma.
- Jamaica: National Library of Jamaica.
- Japan: National Diet Library.
- Korea: The National Library of Korea.
- Library and Archives Canada: Information on the National Library of Canada including services and collections.
- Lithuania: National Library of Lithuania.
- Lithuanian Research Library Consortium: Promotes activities on the implementation of innovative projects in the libraries, subscription to electronic databases for Consortium members and other libraries in Lithuania.
- Macedonia: National and University Library.
- Malaysia: National Library of Malaysia.
- Malta: National Library information and collections.
- Netherlands: National Library of the Netherlands.
- New Zealand: National Library of New Zealand. Services, collections, and exhibits. Also available in Maori.
- Poland: National Library of Poland.
- Russia: The Russian State Library, located in Moscow, containing more than 40 million items. Collections, resources, news, research, administration and staff.
- Russia: National Library of Russia. Provides access to catalogs, indexes, electronic delivery service, information about services, publications, and activities of the library. Located in Saint Petersburg.
- Singapore: National Library Board Singapore.
- Slovenia: Narodna in univerzitetna knjinica.
- South Africa: National Library of South Africa.
- Spain: Biblioteca Nacional.
- Sri Lanka: National Library and Documentation Services Board information and catalog.
- Sweden: The Royal Library.
- Switzerland: Swiss National Library. An extensive collection of some 3.5 million items dating from the 17th century.
- Taiwan: National Central Library.
- Turkey: Turkish National Library. Information and catalog.
- Ukraine: The Vernadsky National Library of Ukraine.
- United Kingdom: National Library of Scotland: A complete list of Library catalogs and indexes, current exhibitions and a digital library.
- United Kingdom: National Library of Wales: (Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru) - Books, maps, manuscripts, archives, bibliography, pictures, and photographs dealing with Welch history and culture.
- United Kingdom: The British Library: Official depository of the United Kingdom and one the largest research institutions in the world. Maintains extensive collections of primary and secondary `resource` materials dealing with most areas of intellectual inquiry.
- United States - National Agricultural Library: Part of the United States Department of Agriculture's Agricultural Research Service, the NAL serves as the nation's chief information `resource` for agricultural information.
- United States Library of Congress: Catalog, information, and many online exhibits.
- United States: National Library of Medicine: Sponsored by the National Institutes of Health; offers access to consumer, patient, and physician information, including Medline.
- Vatican City: Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana.
This category in other languages: