Search Home : Reference : Libraries : Subject Specific : Arts
- Anne and Jerome Fisher Fine Arts Library at the University of Pennsylvania: Collections cover architecture, city planning, historic preservation, history of art, landscape architecture, the studio arts and urban design. Holdings emphasize Western subjects, but includes materials on the arts of Islam, South Asia and the Far East.
- Australian National University Institute of the Arts Library and Resource Centre: Online resources in music and the visual arts, including online image collections through artScan.
- Blackader-Lauterman Library of Architecture and Art: Access to online databases plus information on library facilities, collections, services and policies Located at McGill University in Montreal, Canada.
- Boston Architectural Center Library: Supporting the School of Architecture and Interior Design, and also available to the public for reference use; with library and Internet guides and information about services and collections.
- Boston Museum of Fine Arts Libraries: The William Morris Hunt Library collection includes over 280,000 items in Contemporary Art; Paintings; Drawings; Prints; Photographs; Decorative Arts; Textiles; Art of Asia, Oceania, Africa, Ancient America, and Ancient Egypt; and Classical art. The W. Van Alan Clark, Jr. Library houses a collection of over 18,000 volumes, supporting research on twentieth century and contemporary art.
- Brown Fine Arts Library: Located on the 3rd floor of Rice University's Fondren Library, it contains over 135,000 volumes related to art, architecture, classical archaeology and music. Houston, Texas.
- Columbia University Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library: Subject guides and Internet resources in architecture, archaeology, and the fine arts.
- Cornell Fine Arts Library: Supports research in the areas of art, architecture, historic preservation, history of art, city and regional planning and landscape architecture. Ithaca, New York.
- Dutch University Institute for Art History Library: Information about the library, and access to the photographic archive and the online catalog of materials related to Italian and Flemish art via the IRIS catalog.
- Edinburgh College of Art Library Service: Library news, information, and access to the online catalog and other online information resources.
- Fine Arts Library of the Harvard College Library: Established in 1895 in conjunction with the Fogg Art Museum, the library is one of the world's most comprehensive academic art libraries for the study of Western and non-Western art and architecture from antiquity to the present. Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Fine Arts Library, University of British Columbia: Collection includes Canadian, Pre-Columbian, Oriental and Italian Renaissance art as well as the history of architecture. Vancouver, B.C., Canada.
- Frick Fine Arts Library | University of Pittsburgh: Non-circulating research collection serving the Department of the History of Art and Architecture, and the undergraduate needs in fine arts and studio arts courses. The Collection contains over 85,000 volumes and subscribes to more than 323 journals in relevant fields.
- Illinois Institute of Technology Graham Resource Center: Architecture library; houses information on Mies van der Rohe, Crown Hall, and the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology.
- James Hardie Library of Australian Fine Arts: A special collection held at the State Library of Queensland; information about the library and links to the special and general visual arts collections, including the Lindsay Collection of Pat Corrigan.
- McGill University Blackader-Lauterman Library of Architecture and Art: Access to online databases and subject guides for art, architecture, urban planning, theater, and photography.
- National Art Library, Victoria and Albert Museum, UK: National research library and primary source archive for the history of art and design; offers subject and library guides, including information about the collections, exhibits, and archives.
- National Gallery of Australia Library: Information about library services and collections, with additional resources for conservation, and artSearch, a database of digitized images from the NGA collection.
- New School University Gimbel Design Library: Research resources for art and architecture include print and electronic holdings, Internet links, access to the online catalog, and an online index to the picture collection.
- New York State College of Ceramics Scholes Library: Supports local and Internet research in the art and science of ceramics and related materials.
- Post Memorial Art Reference Library: Information about the privately endowed library with a non-circulating collection on the history of art, located in the Joplin, MO Public Library.
- Rochester Institute of Technology Cary Collection: The Graphic Arts Library and Digital Image Database is available for online perusal of images related to the history and practice of printing.
- Royal Institute of British Architects Library: Access to the online catalog, provides news and information about the collections, services, exhibitions, publications and architectural links.
- Ryerson and Burnham Libraries, The Art Institute of Chicago: The research library collections of The Art Institute of Chicago, including primary source collections on American architecture.
- Strathclyde University Department of Architecture Information Room: Internet and print resources in architecture, especially sustainable and Scottish architectural design.
- The Frick Art Reference Library: Repository for the documentation and visual study of Western Art. Open to scholars and art professionals both in person and via email or telephone.
- The Harry Ransom Humanities Research Center: Holds, studies and exhibits a very large collection of rare books and manuscripts, photographs, works of art, items related to the performing arts, and twentieth-century literature and fine arts, principally American, British and French.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art Libraries and Study Centers: Information on library collections, access, and use, with a to Watsonline, the museum's research library online catalog.
- The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts: Extensive collections include the Rodgers and Hammerstein Archives of Recorded Sound and the Billy Rose Theatre Collection.
- The University of Art and Design Helsinki Library: Information about library services and collections, including abstracts of UIAH theses from 1993 to 1995, and links to the Finnish Virtual Library and other European art resources.
- University of Auckland Fine Arts Library: Library information and electronic links, including access to the online catalog and Internet resources in the fine arts.
- University of California at Los Angeles Arts Library: Information about the library and Internet resources in the arts, including art history, architecture, music, and film.
- University of California at Santa Barbara Arts Library: Houses the art and architecture, and music collections; information about collections and services, and extensive Internet resources in the arts.
- University of Connecticut Music and Dramatic Arts Library: Collection includes titles in music theory, performance, jazz, ethnic music, music psychology and others.
- University of Manitoba Architecture/Fine Arts Library: Information on collections, electronic resources, services and borrowing.
- University of Michigan Fine Arts Library: Maintains a collection of print and electronic resources in the history, theory, and criticism of the visual arts, and contains over 90,000 volumes covering painting, drawing, sculpture, graphic arts, decorative arts, architectural history and photography.
- University of New Mexico Fine Arts Library: Subject areas include art, art history, dance, film/media arts, music, photography, theatre, architecture, landscape architecture and planning.
- University of Sydney Architecture Library: Information about the collections and library services, with a long list of Internet resources arranged by type.
- University of Tasmania Carington Smith Art Library: Access to the online catalog, web resources in the visual arts, and information about the library.
- University of Texas Fine Arts Library: Information on collections, staff, hours, computer resources and employment. Austin, Texas.
- Vassar College Art Library: A variety of electronic sources in the fine arts, including Internet links for research information and digitized images, course-specific resources, and access to the online catalog.
- Yale University Art and Architecture Library: Established in the late 1860s, it contains approximately 100,000 volumes on architecture, painting, graphic design, urban planning, and the history of art and architecture.