Search Home : Reference : Libraries : Subject Specific : Medical
- Altoona Hospital Glover Memorial Library: Summarizes the services and resources of this hospital library.
- American Dental Association Library: Primarily for ADA members. Includes help with Medline and Loansome Doc and a bibliography of resources in dental history. Limited services are available to nonmembers.
- Annette and Irwin Eskind Biomedical Library: Provides access to materials to support the patient care, healthcare education, and biomedical research missions of Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
- Arizona Health Sciences Library: Provides resources, events and services for the faculty, researchers, staff and students of the Health Sciences Center and the University of Arizona. Includes medical news and a searchable database.
- Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses (AORN): A source for educating perioperative nurses in the use of information resources. Includes books, journals, and audiovisual titles in nursing, general medicince and surgery, and operating room management.
- Baptist Health Systems of South Florida Medical Library: Supports patient care, continuing education, research, publications and management. Service available to staff members only.
- Berman National Medical Library: Attached to the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, and providing services for staff and students of Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, Public Health and Occupational Therapy.
- Biomedical Library: Research and reference facility for the colleges of medicine, nursing and allied health at the University of South Alabama.
- Biomedical and Medical Center Libraries: Source of reference material and research assistance for staff and students at the University of California, San Diego.
- Boston University Alumni Medical Library: news and information about the library, course research guides, and Internet resources including web pages, directories, and other links.
- Botsford General Hospital Library: Consumer health resources in a variety of diseases and conditions, nutrition and alternative medicine, and medical management practices.
- Briscoe and Brady Green Libraries: Electronic and print resources to assist faculty and students of the University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio.
- Cambridge University Medical Library: Information on collections, services and facilities; access to databases; on-line catalogue.
- Catholic University of America Nursing/Biology Library: Access to Washington Research Library Consortium resources as well as links to Internet sites of interest to nursing and the biological sciences.
- Central Middlesex Hospital Library: Detailed information about the physical library, its services, and holdings, with links to Internet resources for patients, institutions and organisations, and general medical information.
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL) Library: CSHL is a research and educational institution with research programs focusing on cancer, neurobiology, plant genetics, genomics and bioinformatics, and a broad educational mission, including the recently established Watson School of Biological Sciences.
- Community Hospital Library: Grand Junction, Colorado. List of holdings and links to related sites.
- Consumer Health Libraries: Provides medical information for patients and relatives as well as resources for staff and students of St Josephs Hospital. Open to the public. Denver, Colorado.
- Covenant Libraries: Information and electronic resources.
- Cushing and Whitney Medical Library: Medical and science news plus information on books, journals, collections, exhibits, education and curriculum support. Yale University, Connecticut, USA.
- Dahlgren Memorial Library: Providing services to the Georgetown University and Georgetown University Hospital communities. Includes electronic and student resources.
- Delaware Academy of Medicine: Private, nonprofit organization founded in 1930 with the mission to promote professional and lay health education, maintain a medical library and archives, and provide a meeting place for the medical and dental professions.
- Denison Memorial Library: Offers classes, individual lessons and research support for staff and students of University of Colorado Health Sciences Center.
- Duke University Medical Center Library: Provides reference materials and on-line resources including electronic books and journals related to medical research, clinical practice and the history of medicine.
- Dykes Library: Provides health-related information to students, faculty and staff of the University of Kansas Medical Center, as well as to the public.
- Ehrman Medical Library: New York University School of Medicine. Not open to the general public.
- Fox Chase Cancer Center: Talbot Research Library, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- George Washington University: Himmelfarb Health Sciences Library, Washington, D.C.
- Georgia Health Sciences Library Association: A professional organization for librarians who work in hospitals, clinics, and special libraries associated with health care education or the health care industry, as well as physicians and their associates.
- German National Library of Medicine: Covering medicine, public health and its basic sciences and concerned with acquisition, indexing and supply of German and foreign biomedical literature.
- Gibson D. Lewis Health Science Library: Information on this library at the University of North Texas. Includes details on collections and services.
- Greenblatt Library: Provides health information for the faculty, staff and students of the Medical College of Georgia. Includes electronic resources and details of services.
- Greenwood Genetic Center: Nonprofit institute providing clinical genetic services and laboratory testing, conducting research in the field of medical genetics. South Carolina, USA.
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center: University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida
- Harvard University: Countway Library of Medicine: One of the largest medical libraries in the world. Mission statement, library hours, location, services and collections.
- Hawaii Medical Library: A user-supported, non-profit corporation serving the Hawaii Medical Association, the University of Hawaii at Manoa College of Health Sciences, member hospitals, and personal members. The Library is a Queen's Health Systems company; includes the Consumer Health Information Service.
- Health Libraries in Lincolnshire Online: Provides information, resources, and services to the NHS in Lincolnshire. The site is aimed at NHS health and social care professionals and students working and studying in Lincolnshire that require support with evidence based practice.
- Health Sciences Library: Information on this library at Saint Francis Hospital in Hartford, CT including hours and services.
- Health Sciences Library: A `resource` and education facility affiliated with Hartford Hospital. Connecticut, USA.
- Health Sciences Library: The primary research facility for the schools of dentistry, medicine, nursing, pharmacy and public health at the University of North Carolina.
- Health Sciences Library: Serving faculty, employees and students of New York Medical College, particularly the schools of Medicine, Public Health and Basic Medical Science. Contains a catalog of electronic resources.
- Henry Ford Hospital Sladen Library: Public access to Medline, the online catalog, and an extensive list of Web resources in subjects such as evidence-based medicine, drugs and diseases, and consumer health.
- Historical Medical Library of the College of Physicians: Research collection in the history of medicine.
- Institute of Tropical Medicine: Prince Leopold Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerpen, Belgium.
- Johns Hopkins University: William H. Welch Medical Library, Baltimore, Maryland
- Kalmanovitz Library: Provides a digital collection of the international health sciences knowledge base. University of California, San Francisco.
- Karolinska Institutet: News from the library, and electronic and print resources (including electronic books) in evidence-based medicine and other health sciences topics. English version of the Swedish site.
- King/Drew Health Sciences Library: Primary information `resource` for the Medical Center and Charles R. Drew University. Open to staff, administration, faculty, students, and patients and their families. Los Angeles, California.
- Lane Medical Library: Providing research and information facilities to students and staff of Stanford University and Medical Center. California, USA.
- Levy Library: Based at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York.
- Library of the Health Sciences: Provides reference and research assistance as well as workshops and tutorials. University of Illinois, Chicago, USA
- Lloyd Library and Museum: Collect and maintains a library of botanical, medical, pharmaceutical, and scientific books and periodicals, and works of allied sciences.
- Loma Linda University: Del E. Webb Memorial Library
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center: Contains books and journals covering all medical specialties, nursing, and health care administration. Includes electronic database and health consumer information.
- Louis Stokes Health Sciences Library: Attached to Howard University in Washington, District of Columbia, and providing reference and research services for staff and students.
- Louise M. Darling Biomedical Library: Supports the educational, research, patient care, and administrative needs of the faculty, staff, and students of the University of California ( Los Angeles campus ).
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center: A collection of libraries serving the New Orleans schools of Allied Health, Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, and Graduate Studies. Details of courses, seminars and training sessions.
- Loyola University Health Sciences Library: Hours, directions, policies, collections, newsletter, and staff details.
- Lyman Maynard Stowe Library: Provides a `resource` catalog, databases, e-journals and publications for staff and students of the University of Connecticut Health Center.
- Marshall University, Health Sciences Library: Primary mission is serving the informational needs of the students, faculty, and staff at Marshall University and the Cabell-Huntington Hospital. Staff, hours, holdings, and online search capabilities.
- Massachusetts General Hospital: Treadwell Library, Boston, Massachusetts
- Medical Center Campus Library: Caters for students and staff of the specialized nursing, allied health and bio-medical courses at Miami-Dade Community College. Details of resources, facilities and services.
- Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) Libraries: Provides access to information to promote the Medical College of Wisconsin's goals of improving the quality of patient care, education, research and community service. Serves the school and the public.
- Medical Library: Offering research assistance, educational programs and electronic reference collections at the Southern Illinois University, Carbondale.
- Medical Library Association: Includes a `resource` list of consumer health information on the web. Also provides membership, conference, and publication information.
- Medical Library of Mansoura University: Library of Medicine of Mansoura University in Egypt available in English and Arabic.
- Medical Sciences Library: A biomedical information `resource` for the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and promoting the advancement of research, education and patient care for the state of Arkansas.
- Medical Sciences Library: Primary `resource` for student and professional programs in the colleges of Veterinary Medicine, Health Science, Medicine and Rural Public Health at Texas A and M University. Staff directory and contact details.
- Medical and Health Sciences Libraries: A directory of web-based resources. Includes state listings for the USA as well as for Australia, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom and other countries.
- Mental Health Institute Research Library Louis de la Parte Florida Mental Health Institute Research Library: Part of University of South Florida. Provides services including literature reviews, syntheses and analyses, grant reviews, and research collaborations. Open to staff, students, alumni and visitors.
- Moody Medical Library: Includes information on this medical library of the University of Texas including hours and resources.
- Mt. Sinai Medical Society Library: Offers consumer and community resources including Internet links and a physician finder, through the Cleveland Center for Information and Technology (CCIT).
- New York Academy of Medicine Library: Supports the information needs of the divisions and centers of research in the Academy, as well as being open to the public. Includes a searchable catalog of all book and journal titles.
- Newham Healthcare NHS Trust Knowledge and Library Service: Located within the grounds of Newham Hospital for the benefit of medical staff. Details of services and a list of books and journals.
- Norris Medical Library: Electronic and physical resources to assist education and research at the University of Southern California.
- Northwestern University: Galter Health Sciences Library
- Oregon Health Sciences University Library: Providing print and electronic resources for staff and students, with a catalog and details of databases and reserves.
- Pan American Health Association Library.: Provides professional and technical reference and information services covering biomedical and public health and its history. Explains use of electronic library databases.
- Pumerantz Library and Resource Center: References and resources for faculty and students at the Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, California.
- Raymon H. Mulford Library: Offers print and electronic resources for healthcare research in the Medical College of Ohio. Includes guidelines for public use.
- Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh Library: Established in 1682 by Sir Robert Sibbald, its collections now include many rare and unique items of scientific interest and historical importance. Site includes information on services, collections, and facilities.
- Rush University Medical Center Library: Catering for staff and students and providing searchable electronic catalogs and booklists. Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- Ruth Lilly Medical Library: Offers reference and research assistance for medical and nursing students and staff of Indiana University, and is also open to practising Indiana health professionals.
- South Devon Health Libraries: Provides access to core clinical information, including databases, full text patient information leaflets and links to local and national clinical websites within the UK.
- Southwestern Medical Center Library: Situated over two campuses at the University of Texas, and offering facilities, resources and services for staff and students.
- Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library: Serves the educational, research, and clinical needs of health professionals, students and researchers at the University of Utah Health Sciences Center and throughout the Intermountain region. Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.
- Texas Medical Center Library: Part of the Houston Academy of Medicine, as well as offering services to health professionals in Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Texas.
- The Cancer Awareness Resource Environment (CARE) Center: Based at Roddenbery Memorial Library in Cairo, Georgia. Offers materials about prevention, treatment, and living with cancer such as reference books, videos, sound recordings, articles, brochures, and computer resources.
- The Forest J. Grunigen, M.D. Library & Medical Education Center: Located at the University of California/Irvine Medical Center (UCIMC) in Orange, California.
- The Julius Jacobs Health Sciences Library: Information on the library of Saint Thomas Hospital.
- The Royal Society of Medicine Library: London, England. The Library is one of the largest postgraduate biomedical libraries in Europe. Provides educational activities and opportunities for doctors, dentists, and veterinary surgeons, including students of these disciplines; and allied health-care professionals. Includes a list of services, social activities, and facilities available to members.
- The Stanford Health Library: Medical resources provided by Stanford Hospitals and Clinics for the use of staff, patients and the public. Palo Alto, California, USA
- The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center Library: Includes information on hours, services, and collection. Also has links to cancer resources on the web.
- The Vesalius Library: Site of the library of the Belgian federal Department of Social Affairs, Health and the Environment, specialized in medical, health and environmental topics.
- Tompkins-McCaw Library: Located on the campus of the Medical College of Virginia and supporting the research, educational and patient care efforts of the schools of allied health professions, dentistry, medicine, nursing, and pharmacy.
- Tulane University Medical Library: Serving the schools of medicine, public health and tropical medicine, as well as the National Primate Center. New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
- U.S. National Library of Medicine: Part of the National Institutes of Health, the National Library of Medicine offers access to health information for consumer, patient, and physicians (MEDLINE).
- UT Houston Health Science Center School of Public Health Library: Offers details on electronic resources, collection, services, and hours of operation.
- Universituy of Florida Health Science Center - Jacksonville: Details on this medical library including hours, collections, and services.
- University of Alabama Health Science Library: Offers details on library hours, collections, and services. Also provides electronic access to resources.
- University of Alabama at Birmingham: Lister Hill Library of the Health Sciences
- University of Cagliari Biblioteca Centrale dell'Area Biomedica: Includes biomedical resources by subject and by format. Site in Italian and English, with resources primarily from Europe and the United States.
- University of California, Davis, Health Sciences Libraries: Loren D. Carlson Health Sciences Library and the UC Davis Medical Center Library.
- University of Florida Health Science Center Library: Includes information on services for patrons, collection, staff, and new acquisitions.
- University of Iowa: Hardin Library for the Health Sciences
- University of Kentucky: Chandler Medical Center Library, Lexington
- University of Louisville: Kornhauser Health Sciences Library, Louisville, Kentucky
- University of Manitoba Neil John Maclean Health Sciences Library: Print and electronic resources in nursing, medicine, dentistry, and general health sciences, including access to the online catalog.
- University of Maryland at Baltimore: Health Sciences and Human Services Library.
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey: George F. Smith Library of the Health Sciences, Newark, New Jersey
- University of Minnesota Duluth Library: Details on this library including reference services, access to the online catalog, and `resource` lists.
- University of Mississippi: Rowland Medical Library. Includes link to Mississppi Health Sciences Information Network.
- University of Missouri-Kansas City Health Science Library: Provides details on recently received journals, hours, and contact information.
- University of Nebraska, Omaha, Nebraska: McGoogan Library
- University of New Mexico Health Science Library: Information on this library including reference and circulation services.
- University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center Library: Serves the academic, research and clinical health providers for the entire State of New Mexico and the Navajo Nation. A `resource` library in the National Network of Libraries of Medicine.
- University of Oklahoma: Robert M. Bird Health Sciences Library.
- University of Oxford: Cairns Library, School of Clinical Medicine, Oxford, UK.
- University of Pittsburgh: Health Sciences Library System (HSLS)
- University of Saskatchewan Health Sciences Library: Internet resources in medicine, nursing, dentistry, physical therapy, general health sciences, and basic sciences, including search engines and associations.
- University of South Florida: Shimberg Health Sciences Library: Library information and services, electronic databases.
- University of Tennessee at Memphis Health Science Library: Information on this library including hours, services, and news.
- University of Texas Psychiatry Library: Provides details about this library including resources and services for patrons, staff contact, and links to Internet resources.
- University of Texas-Houston Dental Branch Library: Offers information on this library including hours and contact details.
- University of Virginia: Claude Moore Health Sciences Library
- Veterans Administration Medical Center: Presenting a searchable database of research findings and `resource` material. San Francisco, California.
- Washington University: Bernard Becker Medical Library, St. Louis, Missouri
- Weill Cornell Medical Library: Information about the library and electronic resources in the health sciences, medicine, and community reference.
- Woodruff Health Sciences Center Library: Part of Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia. Comprises medical, dental, nursing and medical history collections. Open to faculty, staff, and students and includes a computer laboratory and electronic classroom.
This category in other languages: