Search Home : Reference : Libraries : Subject Specific : Science
- British Library, Science Technology and Business: Formerly the Science Reference Library. Part of the British Library, a legal deposit library taking almost all British scientific publications and significant foreign holdings. Scientific research literature, world patents. Document delivery service. St Pancras, London, UK.
- Carnegie Mellon Engineering and Science Library: Variety of subject guides, mainly in the applied sciences and engineering, and links to related collections in other Pittsburgh libraries.
- Center for Science and Technology Studies: Develops, monitors and assesses the fundamentals for policy decisions in the fields of research, higher education and innovation in Switzerland.
- Charles S. Morgan Technical Library: Fire `resource` materials from national and international sources, including reference sources that reflect both the technical and association aspects of NFPA.
- City College of New York Science/Engineering Library: Variety of Internet sources arranged by subject, including biology, chemistry, computing, earth and atmospheric sciences, engineering, mathematics, and Internet developments.
- Duke University Science and Engineering Libraries: Home of the four science branch libraries at Duke University: Chemistry, Biological & Environmental Sciences, Math/Physics, and the Vesic Engineering Library.
- Fine Hall Library, Princeton University: Mathematics and physics library; also the current physical home of the biology library until approximately 2002. News in the worlds of physics and math, internet links, and access to the online catalog.
- Harvard University Science Libraries: Links to the 19 science libraries' homepages.
- Haselton Library and Information Center: One of the world's largest collections of scientific and technical information on pulp and paper. Part of the Institute of Paper Science and Technology.
- J.R.D. Tata Memorial Library: Library of the Indian Institute of Science, with physical and electronic collections in science and technology.
- Linda Hall Library: Independent science, engineering, and technology library offering document delivery services, online reference, and online exhibitions.
- MIT Science Library: Subject and database guides cover most areas of pure and applied science, databases, and types of materials (including technical reports, standards, and patents). Also links to the science branches and affiliated libraries.
- National Centre for Science Information: On-line and off-line science and engineering databases. Located in IISc, Bangalore, India.
- Northwestern University Science and Engineering Library: Includes resources for patents, standards, national labs, and organizations and societies, as well as general links arranged by subject, and other library services.
- Paul V. Galvin Library: Site includes links to subject guides, maintained by this Illinois Institute of Technology library, in a number of engineering fields.
- Public Library of Science: Advocates the free distribution of science and medical published articles.
- Queen's University of Belfast Science Library: Databases, electronic journals, and web resources in engineering, biosciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics and physics, agriculture and food sciences.
- Radcliffe Science Library: Reference library and the science department of the Bodleian Library, Oxford. A legal deposit ('copyright') library, receiving a free copy of all British scientific publications. In addition a large number of foreign works are purchased. There are especially strong collections of older material. On-line catalogue.
- Roger Milliken Textile Library: The Institute of Textile Technology library, with links to the online catalog, reference help, and online resources.
- SUNY Stony Brook Science Libraries: Access to the seven branch science libraries (biology, chemistry, computer science, geoscience, marine and atmospheric sciences, engineering, and math/physics/astronomy) and to general databases and Internet resources.
- Science Museum Library: A research library, open to the general public for reference. Collections form a record of scientific, technological and medical change since the eighteenth century. London, UK.
- Smith College Young Science Library: Links to the online resources, instruction, and general information, with access to the 5-college online catalog.
- UC Davis Physical Sciences and Engineering Library: Resources arranged by broad subject area include print and electronic collections, as well as guides to using databases and the library.
- UCLA Science and Engineering Library: Mainly library services and staff information; subject guides in engineering and physical sciences include both proprietary and free internet resources.
- UCSB Sciences Engineering Gateway: A jumping-off point for information in the pure and applied sciences from the UCSB Sciences-Engineering Library.
- UCSC Science Library: Good information in the "Resources" and "Featured Sites" sections.
- UCSD Science and Engineering Library: Specializes in physical science, mathematics, and engineering information.
- UMass Amherst Physical Sciences and Engineering Library: Guides for research include the general "electronic resources in the sciences and engineering" and the extensive guide to resources for patents and trademarks.
- University of Georgia Science Library: Includes the page "Science resources on the Internet", an index to web resources arranged by subject.
- University of Maryland Engineering and Physical Sciences Library: Electronic resources include technical reports, preprints, access to patent and trademarks databases, and other sources arranged by subject and/or format.
- University of Michigan Shapiro Science Library: A number of subject guides for print and electronic resources in the major branches of science, including astronomy, statistics, and the history of science.
- University of Nevada at Reno Science Libraries: Access to the five science libraries: DeLaMare (earth sciences, engineering, and computer science), Life and Health Sciences, Mary B. Ansari Map, Physical Sciences, and Savitt Medical.
- University of New Mexico Centennial Science and Engineering Library: Offers online resources in general sciences and engineering as well as special collections for patents, maps, and government documents.
- University of Pennsylvania Science and Engineering Libraries: Selected web sites, resources guides, and e-reference resources for chemistry, engineering, math, physics, and astronomy.
- University of Queensland Dorothy Hill Physical Sciences and Engineering Library: Information about the library and collections, and a number of subject-specific "Findits" (guides to print and electronic research resources).
- University of Virginia Science and Engineering Libraries: Portal to the six subject science libraries (Astronomy, Biology/Psychology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, and Engineering/Environmental Science) as well as subject guides to a wide range of subjects and types of information.
- Vanderbilt University Stevenson Science and Engineering Library: Selected resources by discipline, an online map collection, patent resources, and news.
- Weizmann Institute of Science Wix Central Library: Information about the library and its faculty branches, including chemistry, mathematics, and science teaching, and links to research sources for scientists and librarians.
- Yale University Science Libraries Navigator: Links to the online catalog, general science references, and the eight science subject libraries, including forestry, engineering, chemistry, and the medical library.