Search Home : Reference : Museums : Science
- Lawrence Hall of Science: Public science museum and research center for K-12 education at the University of California, Berkeley. LHS offers hands-on science exhibits, discovery laboratories, computer labs, planetarium shows, after-school classes and summer camps, family workshops, special events, school programs and teacher education.
- The Exploratorium: Hands-on museum of science, art, and human perception in San Francisco. Site provides interactive online exhibits and exhibitions, activities, science news, and publications, general information about the museum.
- 3D World: Dedicated to all things 3D, including holograms and lenticular images. Located on the Isle of Wight, UK.
- Adventure Science Center: Current program listings for the science museum and the Sudekum Planetarium, along with information on hours and admission fees. Nashville, Tennessee.
- Agropolis-Museum: Science Center dealing with topics such as food, nutrition, agriculture, with a historical approach on a worldwide scale. Montpellier, France.
- American Museum of Science and Energy, Oak Ridge, TN: The largest exhibition of energy related exhibits in the United States. Includes live demonstrations, videos, hands-on exhibits and special events.
- Arizona Science Center: Planetarium, hands-on learning exhibits and IMAX theatre. Phoenix, Arizona.
- Bath Royal Literary and Scientific Institution: Features exhibits devoted to geology, natural history, social history, and antiquities/archaeology. Includes a virtual museum, membership details, and a history of the organization. Located in the UK.
- Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute: Focusing on marine biology, the technology of underwater exploration and deep-ocean ecology. Includes details of exhibits, calendar of events, educational programs, membership and volunteer information, and contacts. Located in Pembroke.
- Buffalo Museum of Science: Natural science museum with permanent, traveling and hands-on exhibits from anthropology, botany, geology, entomology, and zoology. Site has directions, hours, contact information and a calendar of events.
- California Science Center: Museum and exhibits profile, IMAX schedule, and calendar of upcoming events for the interactive learning facility.
- Canadian National Museum of Science and Technology: Features educational activities, online exhibits, and museum events. Located in Ottawa.
- Casa de las Ciencias (House of Sciences): About exhibits, activities and publications of the first public Science Centre of Spain, in Corunna. It includes three places: Planetarium, Domus or House of Man and Aquarium Finisterrae.
- Detroit Science Center: Includes over 25 hands on exhibits offering live interactive science demonstrations in the Discovery Theater.
- Experimentarium: Science centre includes 300 exhibits concentrating on nature and technology, the environment, and health.
- Fort Worth Museum of Science and History: Includes an Omni Theater, four core exhibit galleries, a special exhibit hall, outdoor excavations, the Noble Planetarium, and special programs for children.
- Goudreau Museum of Mathematics in Art and Science: New York museum featuring exhibits of math applications in art and science, special programs, and a museum library.
- Hatfield Marine Science Visitor Center: Part aquarium and part laboratory, the center showcases scientific explorations of the marine world by researchers based at the Oregon State University.
- Imagination Station Science Museum: Features hands on science exhibits for the family.
- Impression 5 Science Center: General information on the Lansing, Michigan hands-on science and technology center.
- Inventure Place: The National Inventors Hall of Fame.
- Israel National Museum of Science: Contains over 200 hands on science and technology exhibits.
- Kirkpatrick Science and Air Space Museum: Offers a diverse collection of interactive and historic exhibits and programs.
- Liberty Science Center: Science museum in New Jersey. Explore LSC's three themed floors: Environment, Health, and Invention, featuring dozens of exciting hands-on exhibits.
- Liebig Museum, Giessen, Germany: Overall description, history, opening hours and entrance fees of the museum dedicated to the chemist Justus Liebig.
- Long Island ScienCenter: Provide a hands-on learning experience to people of all ages through discovery, exhibits, and activities centered around mathematics, science, and technology. Includes floor plan. Located in Riverhead, New York.
- Marian Koshland Science Museum: Features state-of-the-art exhibitions highlighting the science behind today’s headlines and affecting our daily lives. Plan a visit or explore the exhibits online, including virtual interactive activities. Located in Washington, DC.
- Miami Museum of Science: Showcases interactive exhibitions on science, multi-media technology and sports. Includes Space Transit Planetarium and Falcon Batchelor Bird of Prey Center.
- Mid-America Science Museum: Offers interactive exhibits that explore such subjects as perception, energy, sound, light and gravity. Visitors can fly a hot-air balloon, generate electricity, see a laser light show or walk along nature trails. Includes brief history of museum, hours, admission rates and directions. Located in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
- Museum of Science: Features a revolving schedule of Imax films, temporary exhibitions and planetarium shows. Includes online exhibits.
- Museum of Science & History: Features interactive exibits, special events, and the Alexander Brest Planetarium. Includes hours, fees, daily programs, member benefits and directions. Located in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Museum of Science and Industry: Chicago science museum features a coal mine, a U-505 submarine, intelligent LEGO bricks, and travel through virtual reality.
- Museum of Science and Technology in Pretoria: Oldest hands-on science museum in South Africa. Includes history of the facility, photos, outreach programs, and contact information.
- Museum of the History of Science, University of Oxford: British museum exhibiting the history of science. Online exhibits include "The Noble Dane: Images of Tycho Brahe" and "The Geometry of War, 1500-1750".
- National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (MeSci): Features the global environment and frontier, life sciences and humans, technological revolution and the future, and information science. Includes visitor's guide. Located in Tokyo, Japan. [Japanese and English]
- National Museum of Science and Technology Leonardo da Vinci - Milano, Italia: Diversified technical and scientific museum in Milan, Italy. Collections, exhibits, and extensive Web resources about technology and the history of technology. Also, both museum and Web site feature material about the life and work of Leonardo da Vinci.
- Natural Science Center of Greensboro: Features hands-on exhibits, zoo, and planetarium. Includes hours, upcoming events, admission, membership details and directions. Located in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- New York Hall of Science: Exhibits, often interactive, on sound, light, atoms, microbes, AIDS, astronomy. Includes a science playground. Considered one of the top ten science museums in the country.
- Newcastle Regional Museum: The Newcastle Regional Museum in NSW is the largest regional museum in Australia. The NRM incorporates the Supernova hands on science centre. General entry to the NRM is free.
- Ontario Science Centre in Toronto, Canada: Outstanding online science and technology educational resources and fascinating real exhibits.
- Oregon Museum of Science and Industry: Portland, Oregon museum includes online science resources for teachers, students, and everyone interested in science.
- Pacific Science Center: Detailed information on shows and events. Located in Seattle.
- Philippine Science Centrum: First hands-on, interactive science museum in the Philippines. Includes services and contact information. Located in Manila.
- Rochester Museum & Science Center: Features over 1.2 million regional history, anthropology, natural sciences, and archives objects, planetarium and nature center. Includes programs and events, membership and volunteer details, hours, admission and directions. Located in Rochester, New York.
- Science Center of Connecticut: Information on exhibits, programs and special events.
- Science Center of Iowa: Features interactive exhibits, programs and a planetarium. Permanent exhibits include Hubble space telescope display and the Foucault Pendulum. Includes details of exhibits, programs, events calendar, hours, admission and location.
- Science East Science Centre: Features fun and educational interactive science exhibits for children and adults. Located in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada.
- Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame: Seattle, Washington, museum provides a look at exhibits, hours and location, a calendar of events, a newsletter, and membership details.
- Science Museum: London museum and library of science. Exhibitions cover all areas of science and technology. Includes online exhibits and a learning area.
- Science Museum of Minnesota (St. Paul): Features dinosaurs, an Omnitheater, school programs, Mississippi Riverfront parks, and hands-on exhibits.
- ScienceWorks: Featuring interactive exhibits, live demonstrations and performances. Includes hours, fees, membership details, events, programs, volunteer opportunities and directions.Located in Ashland, Oregon.
- Scienceworks Museum: Featuring hands-on exhibits, live demonstrations, tours, activities and shows. Includes hours, information for teachers, admission rates and directions. Located in Victoria, Australia.
- Sharjah Science Museum: Features interactive, hands-on exhibits. Includes hours, fees, events, demonstrations, learning center, directions. Located in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
- Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum: Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC U.S.A.
- The Bradbury Science Museum: The history of Los Alamos and the Manhattan Project, as well as over 40 interactive exhibits within five galleries at the Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico.
- The Danish Lake District Eco-Museum: Includes five areas: Skanderborg Museum, Monastic Museum of Denmark, Gl.Rye Mill and Wooden-Shoe Museum, The Freshwater Museum, and Klostermølle Nature Center. Exhibits feature geology, natural history and cultural history. Includes map and contact information.
- The Franklin Institute Science Museum: Features an exhibit on the life of Ben Franklin, a walk-through heart, historic aircraft, an Imax theater, and planetarium. Site has online exhibits and many other web-related science learning resources.
- The Imaginarium: Alaskan hands on science discovery center.
- The Mary Brogan Museum of Art and Science: Features planetarium, interactive exhibits. Includes hours, fees, membership, upcoming exhibits, educational programs, volunteer opportunities, directions. Located in Tallahassee, Florida.
- The Museum of Discovery and Science: Hands on science and technology exhibits, live animal presentations and an Imax 3D theater.
- The Museum of Science and Industry, Manchester, England: Virtual exhibits on everything from locomotives and aircrafts, to photography and nuclear power.
- The Museum of Science and Technology: Exhibits of Swedish engineering and industrial history.
- The National Museum of Science and Industry: Consisting of the Science Museum, London, the National Museum of Photography, Film and Television, Bradford, and the National Railway Museum, York.
- The Nobel Museum: Information about the Centennial Exhibition of the Nobel Prizes which will open in 2001 and about the plans for establishment of a permanent Nobel Museum in Stockholm.
- The Radome, Museum of Telecommunications: Features a gigantic cone-shaped antenna which weighs 340 tons, interactive activities, shows and displays. Includes hours, rates and contact information. Located in France. French and English].
- The Whipple Museum of the History of Science: Collections, exhibitions, publications. University of Cambridge, UK.
- UK National Space Centre: Features hands-on interactive exhibits, real rockets, and a Space Theatre. Located in Leicester.
- Virginia Living Museum: A combination wildlife park, science museum, aquarium, and botanical preserve in Newport News, Virginia.
This category in other languages: