Search Home : Reference : Parliamentary Procedure
- A Manual of Parliamentary Practice: A complete reprint of the 1812 manual by Thomas Jefferson that was used by the United States Senate. Includes the rules of motions and how they are used.
- American Institute of Parliamentarians (AIP): The mission of the American Institute of Parliamentarians is to foster, promote and teach the highest standards of parliamentary procedure, in keeping with the principles of parliamentary law and the adopted parliamentary authority.
- Applying Robert's Rules of Order - Oklahoma Sooner Unit Parliamentarians: This Oklahoma unit promotes the study and teaching of parliamentary procedure and Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised, with emphasis on bylaws, conducting meetings, minutes, skits, educational materials.
- Arizona State Association of Parliamentarians (NAP): Includes information relating to the annual meeting, Arizona state officers, and hot links. Pages for the Central, Southern, and Northern Units are also available.
- Bill Stemmons, Parliamentarian: Professional Registered Parliamentarian, consultant on meetings, conventions, bylaws, voting and elections, presiding, Robert's Rules, associations, attorneys, public officials, association officers, and workshops. Simple questions answered without charge.
- California State Association of Parliamentarians (NAP): A division of the National Association of Parliamentarians that features officers, unit goals, events, convention information, feedback, and links.
- California State PTA Hot Tips-Bylaws: Features guidelines from the California bylaws committee. California State PTA publications are also listed.
- Democratic Rules of Order: Description, comparison, and comments about the 7th edition of this 72-page book of parliamentary procedure, written by Fred and Peg Francis.
- General Parliamentary Procedure: The use of parliamentary procedure in the U.S. House of Representatives: Principles of adding amendments, a germaneness test, committee rules, points of order, and a pocket guide on floor procedures.
- Golden Bears Chapter(AIP): This non-profit voluntary chapter of the American Institute of Parliamentarians in California is dedicated to an improved knowledge of parliamentary procedure.
- Golden Gavel Unit of the National Association of Parliamentarians: First NAP Unit on the Internet. Located in Virginia Beach, VA. Join us for a fun and informative evening learning about parliamentary procedure and participate effectively in YOUR organization.
- Jim Slaughter, Parliamentarian & Parliamentary Consultant: Attorney Jim Slaughter, Certified Professional Parliamentarian-Teacher and Professional Registered Parliamentarian, has served as a parliamentarian and teacher for some of the largest trade unions and associations throughout the United States.
- Knoxville Parliamentary Unit (NAP): This Tennessee unit of the National Association Of Parliamentarians features articles on community and professional services. Also has membership information related to meetings, benefits, and categories. Details on the 13 ranking motions, steps in handling motions and amendments are also included.
- McClintock's Parliamentary Resources: Sample agenda, bylaws, motions, chair's script, minutes, audit report; a general `resource` page on parliamentary procedure.
- National Association of Parliamentarians (NAP): The National Association of Parliamentarians is dedicated to teaching, promoting, and disseminating the philosophy and principles underlying the rules of deliberative assemblies.
- National Parliamentarian Online: Selected educational articles from the National Parliamentarian, the official quarterly publication of the National Association of Parliamentarians, including the current issue and earlier archived articles.
- Nebraska Association of School Boards: Includes details on making Main Motions, Amendments, and the motion to Reconsider.
- New Jersey State Association of Parliamentarians (NAP): New Jersey State Association of Parliamentarians of the National Association of Parliamentarians lists Unit meeting places, dates, times, state convention information and Newsletter.
- Ohio Association of Parliamentarians: Features meeting days and times, and contact information.
- Parliament Glossary: A glossary of parliamentary terms and phrases from Australia.
- Parliamentary Associates: Offers advice specifically on parliamentary procedure including unproductive meetings and materials available, with a parliamentary tip.
- Parliamentary Procedure: Advice from Dr. John A. Cagle, California State University, Fresno.
- Parliamentary Procedure According to Robert's Rules: Summaries for the online study of parliamentary procedure and Robert's Rules of Order, including Frequently Asked Questions, charts on motion precedence, and tips for meetings.
- Parliamentary Procedure E-Bulletin: Announcements related to current parliamentary procedure information, sites worth visiting, questions and answers, and tips on training FFA, FBLA, SkillsUSA-VICA, BPA, TSA, FCCLA, and HOSA teams for competition.
- Parliamentary Procedure Glossary, Third Edition: A detailed glossary of parliamentary procedure terms and phrases used by the Canada House of Commons. Listed in both English or French.
- Parliamentary Procedure Guards Members' Rights: Advantages of using parliamentary procedure and some popular myths, misconceptions, and mistakes. Includes an outline of a standard order of business and how motions are made and processed.
- Parliamentary Procedure Home Page: This site is hosted by Professional Registered Parliamentarian, Stran L. Trout. It includes parliamentary procedure links, a list of printings of Robert's Rules of Order, Trout's Top Ten Rules of Order, and details on how to fly the American Flag.
- Parliamentary Procedure Instructional Materials From the University of Illinois: Parliamentary procedure resources from the ITCS Instructional Materials at the University of Illinois. Tested in the classroom for teaching a complete unit, enrichment, independent study, and training a team for competition.
- Parliamentary Procedure Q & A from NOW: Questions are answered by The National Organization For Women on motions related to a point of information, personal privilege, point of order, a parliamentary inquiry, and debate decorum.
- Parliamentary Procedure at a Glance: Includes a chart of motions with their rules, how to run an effective meeting, and keeping minutes.
- Parliamentary Procedure-Tulane University ASB: The Associated Student Body (ASB) at Tulane University provides information on: Parliamentary situations and concepts; classes, descriptions, and purposes of motions; and the order or precedence of motions.
- Parliamentary Procedures at California State University, Chico: General purposes, principles, and parliamentary terms, with examples of how to transact business at meetings and in committees, with chart of descriptive characteristics of motions.
- Pennsylvania PTA: Includes details on why parliamentary procedure should be used, defines several basic terms, and lists resources.
- Robert McConnell Productions: Offers videos, books, and procedure advice from a registered parliamentarian at the Dear Parliamentarian column.
- Robert's Rules Online - Parliamentary Procedure: Full text of the 1915 (Fourth) Edition of Robert's Rules of Order, with index and keyword search, lesson outlines and Plan for Study of Parliamentary Law.
- Robert's Rules of Order Revised: The 1915 (Fourth) Edition with slight modifications and enhancements, by the Constitution Society.
- Rules Used By the United States Congress: The parliamentary procedure rules used by the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate are listed.
- SkillsUSA-VICA Parliamentary Procedure Educational Materials: Descriptions of parliamentary procedure educational materials available for secondary and college students for teaching a unit and for preparing for the Chapter Business Procedure Competitive Event.
- Survival Tips on Roberts Rules of Order: Roberts Rules of Order are indispensable to surviving as an officer or a member in an organization. I simplify the needed survival tools to defend your ideas.
- Texas NAACP: Parliamentary Procedure: Overview of parliamentary procedure. Principles, a description of a deliberative assembly, a sample agenda, the procedure for handling a main motion, and the rules for the 13 ranking motions are listed.
- Texas State Association of Parliamentarians (NAP): This site includes the objectives of the state association and the annual convention date. The Crossroads Unit (Argyle, TX) is featured and lists study meeting dates, and a tip of the month.
- The Official Robert's Rules of Order Web Site: This site includes a short history of Robert's Rules, how an organization can adopt it, the basics of parliamentary procedure, a question and answer forum, and an "Ask the Authors" feature.
- The Parliamentary Procedure Instructional Materials Center: Catalog of parliamentary procedure references and quality teaching resources, workshops, glossary, links, frequently asked questions, how to write minutes, mnemonics, and consulting and materials.
- Washington State Association of Parliamentarians (NAP): Charter units from Washington State and their presidents are listed. In addition, new events, parliamentary procedure links, and the history of the association are provided.