Search Home : Regional : Europe : United Kingdom : Health : Resources : For Professionals : Evidence Based Medicine
- National Institute for Clinical Excellence: Special Health Authority with the task of systematically appraising health interventions and producing national guidance on effectiveness. Full details of evidence and appraisal process are supplied.
- Aggressive Research Intelligence Facility: Based at the University of Birmingham and helping health care workers in the West Midlands to access and interpret research evidence. Includes summaries of completed requests.
- Bandolier: Monthly independent journal about evidence-based healthcare, written by Oxford scientists for healthcare professionals and consumers. Current and archived articles can be downloaded.
- Centre for Evidence-Based Child Health: Providing an educational programme for health professionals, with tutorial notes and a list of publications. Associated with Great Ormond Street Hospital, London.
- Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine: Provides workshops, resources and background information for healthcare professionals, with research tools and educational material to download. Based at Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, Oxford.
- Centre for Evidence-based Dentistry: Promoting the international use of this methodology, with tools, resources and tutorials. Associated with the Institute of Health Sciences in Oxford, United Kingdom.
- Centre for Evidence-based Mental Health: Undertaking research and providing educational resources for clinician, with details of workshops and a programme to download. Attached to the Department of Psychiatry at Oxford University.
- Centre for Evidence-based Social Services: Providing research findings to local policy makers, managers, practitioners, and carers. Features events calendar, publications and resources. Located at Exeter University.
- Centre for Reviews and Dissemination: Provides the National Health Service with information on the effectiveness of treatments and the delivery and organisation of health care. Includes a bi-monthly bulletin based on systematic review.
- Continuing Professional Development Centre: The Health Sciences Programme at Oxford University offers post-graduate and short courses in the research methods and applications of evidence-based healthcare.
- Critical Appraisal Skills Programme: Offering courses and workshops in finding and critically evaluating research, and acting on the evidence. Part of the Public Health Resource Unit, Oxford, United Kingdom.
- Development and Evaluation Committee: The DEC provided information about the cost-effectiveness of health care technologies to commissioners of health care in the South West and South East NHS Regions. Over 100 reports available on the site.
- Effectiveness Matters: A bulletin providing updates on the effectiveness of health interventions. Subscribe to the paper version(free) or view the full text published articles online.
- Evidence: Publication focusing on clinically effective practice, with past issues available for free download. From the School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Wales.
- Evidence Based Medicine: A tutorial designed for medical students, with a case study and instructions for analysing scientific papers. From the University of Nottingham.
- Health Evidence Bulletins - Wales: A collaboration between public health organisations, healthcare providers and libraries, publishing results of randomised controlled trials and observational studies into health and disease.
- International Centre for Evidence-Based Oral Health: Conducting systematic reviews in periodontology and oral health care, with details of presentations, symposiums and publications. Part of the Eastman Dental Institute, University College, London.
- Lothian Evidence-based Mental Health: Part of the University of Edinburgh and Lothian Primary Healthcare Trust. Provides tools for assessing evidence and some critical appraisal topics.
- Oxford Pain Internet Site: Systematic reviews of pain management. Excellent knowledge base and examples of evidence based medicine.
- SEEK: Sheffield Evidence for Effectiveness and Knowledge: Gateway to electronic resources, databases, and clinical guidelines for policy makers, clinicians and researchers. Provided by the University of Sheffield, United Kingdom.
- Scottish Dental Practice Based Research Network: Promotes evidence-based practice through research projects and education. Features membership information, an online journal and practice guidelines to download.
- Scottish Intensive Care Society: Evidence-Based Medicine Group: Features critically appraised topics, details of completed and current projects, and an explanation of terms.
- Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network: Development and dissemination of national clinical guidelines containing recommendations for effective practice based on current evidence. Includes list of available publications covering all specialties.
- Teaching and Learning Resources for Evidence Based Practice: The Middlesex Hospital provides educational support materials, including a detailed teaching plan, for nurses and Allied Health professionals.
- Trent Working Group on Acute Purchasing: Reviews the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of clinical interventions. Guidance notes for purchasers are available. Summaries of 26 reports available online.