Search Home : Regional : Europe : United Kingdom : Recreation and Sports : Home and Garden : Consumer Information
- Advisory Service - Windows and Conservatories: A free independent service available to help the window, conservatory and sunroom buyer to make sense of what's available and what to look out for. Includes trade tricks, list of installers, technical information and contact information.
- Arnold Clark Automobiles: Consumer information and personal experiences with buying a car from this dealer.
- BBC - Watchdog: Reports on cars, holidays, goods and services, houses, health and computers.
- Beeb.com: Site from the BBC with a wide range of retailers and experts to ensure you have access to the advice and the deals on the web.
- Blagger.com: Share comments and complaints about companies and services you've used.
- Child Car Seats: Provides advice on purchasing, fitting and using child car restraints, along with links to manufacturers, retailers and other relevant organisations.
- Consumer Education Wales: Educational consumer site to make us more knowledgeable about the products and services we buy and use. Products and services under review. Interactive discussion area. Quizzes and worksheets. Young Consumer of the Year Competition.
- Craplawn: The tale of a Gloucestershire gardening contractor, a bumpy lawn and a dissatisfied customer
- Electricians Online: Search engine to find electricians in the UK using postcode or area search facilities.
- Energy Efficiency: Advice on energy efficiency from the Energy Saving Trust, an independent, government-funded body. Includes tips and information and details of grants and offers available.
- Energywatch: Independent gas and electricity consumer watchdog, providing help to domestic, commercial or industrial energy (gas and electricity) consumers. Includes details of regional offices, and of services available nationwide.
- Ethical Consumer: Tips on ethical buying, consumer reports on a wide range of goods, information on UK and worldwide boycotts. Publishes Ethical Consumer magazine and the Corporate Critic database.
- Fensa: Publication about the changes to Building Control regulations affecting the double glazing and conservatory industry. Technical information and contact details.
- Good or Bad Job: Information, help and advice for getting better service.
- Grumbletext: Submit and read opinions and complaints on big corporations in the UK. Site creates news stories based on user contributed content and actively publicises it to the media.
- Holiday Travel Watch: Advice, assistance and information on holiday complaints to consumers and holidaymakers who have travelled abroad with a British tour operator.
- Horizon Associates: Information and advice on buying for both consumers and businesses from Buckinghamshire-based professional purchasing consultants.
- I Hate Swift Legal: An individual's personal vendetta against Swift Legal's services, includes details of grievances and a discussion forum.
- Impata.Com: Reviews online stores across a variety of categories, and allows the user to submit comments and ratings.
- Kitchen Advice: Impartial kitchen advice to help you with the planning and design of your kitchen. Plus, how to choose kitchen appliances, cookers, freezers and kitchen cabinets.
- National Consumer Council: Features news and publications, consumer education section, and details of current campaigns.
- National Consumer Federation: Lists consumer groups and membership details, together with survey results and archived issues of Consumer News.
- Nationwide Building Society's Financial Advice, My Experience: Describes an alleged case of financial mis-selling by the Nationwide Building Society in which it gave commission-led financial advice. Includes a Message Board.
- Office of Fair Trading: Consumer Information: General advice on consumer rights in the UK, information on your rights under the law, tips on how to complain or how to find someone who can help with your problem plus information on shopping on credit and getting out of debt.
- Oftel - Consumer Information: Advice on dealing with telephone companies and telephone services. Also features details of consumer research initiatives.
- PC Buyer Beware: Provides information on personal computers to help consumers make more informed buying decisions.
- Poorsimmon: Photographs of problems at Coppermill Place, built by Persimmon Homes in 2001, alleging that Persimmon have ignored numerous residents complaints.
- ReviewCentre.com: Reviews and ratings of cars, electrical products and online shops.
- Scottish Consumer Council: News, publications and details of current projects.
- ShopSpy.co.uk: Categorised directory of reviews of shopping sites.
- The Consumer Gateway: Department of Trade and Industry run portal containing information and advice for online consumers. Features news, advice and links to consumer information on a variety of topics, including shopping, home improvement, finance, holidays and utilities.
- Trading Standards Central: Resource for consumer protection information in the UK, supported and maintained by TSI (Trading Standards Institute).
- Tubz UK: Help and advice site for people looking to buy bathrooms, showers or bathroom accessories, bathroom lighting, flooring and wall coverings.
- U Rate It: UK community-based site for sharing opinions and reviews on a wide range of subjects and products.
- UK Recall Notices: Safety recall notices for the United Kingdom.
- Washing Machine Help: Help, advice and tips on UK washing machine purchases, repairs and spare parts, authored by a washing machine repair man.
- Whatprice.co.uk: Offers information on appropriate costings for building, electrical, household, gardening, car and plumbing work.
- Where to Buy Trophies Online UK: Guide to websites selling trophies and awards.
- Which? Online: Consumers' Association offers selections from its various magazines; some content only accessible to registered subscribers.