Search Home : Regional : Europe : United Kingdom : Scotland : Health
- Scottish Health On The Web: Index to a variety of health information accessible to Scottish citizens including resources for health professionals, the general public and users of Scottish health services.
- Alzheimer Scotland - Action on Dementia: Charity campaigning and providing services for people with dementia and their carers and families; information on coping with dementia, treatments, research and local services.
- BBC Scotland Online - Feeling Healthy: BBC Radio Scotland's on-line guide to health issues in conjunction with their radio programme.
- Ballochmyle Medical Group: Surgeries in Mauchline, Mossblown and Catrine (near Kilmarnock, Scotland). Doctors, opening hours, clinics, and useful health information.
- Birchtree Clinic: Professional physiotherapy, hypnotherapy, alternative and complementary health clinic. Services available, direction and contact details are available on the site.
- Ceartas: Dementia information service website with current news, frequently asked questions and good links to associated sites.
- Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland: Quality of life improvement organisation for victims of chest, heart and stroke conditions. Site includes advice, newsletters, jobs and how to volunteer.
- Children's Hospice Association Scotland (CHAS): Scottish children's hospice services in Scotland. Includes a background, photos and fundraising information.
- Clinical Resource and Audit Group (CRAG): Scottish Executive health department promoting clinical effectiveness in Scotland, with publication downloads, events, and committee information.
- Craig Nevis Surgery, Fort William: Local GP practice website with surgery times, contact details, directions and staff information.
- Croftwell Consulting: Private general medical practitioner service site with a personal background, details of servcies and fees.
- Dramatherapy Scotland Homepage: Information about Dramatherapy and contact details for Dramatherapy Scotland, the body which supports dramatherapists working in Scotland.
- Essential Health: Provides private medical and dental insurance for individuals, groups, and companies. Includes an overview of services, a quotation form and contact information.
- Health Scotland: National `resource` for improving Scotland's health including background information, news and events and links to other health related websites.
- Healthy Gay Scotland: A national organisation that promotes the sexual health of gay and bisexual men living in Scotland. Information on HIV, free condoms, news and links are available on the site.
- Healthy Living: Scotland’s healthy living campaign website with information on healthy eating, publications, case studies and an ask the experts page.
- NHS Education for Scotland: Statutory body responsible for ensuring standards of Education and training for nurses, midwives and health visitors in Scotland. A background, news page, forum and jobs list are included in the site.
- NHS Lanarkshire Sexual Health Information: Sexual health information site with specific gender and age topics as well as AIDS, hepatitis, facts and figures, and reports.
- NHS Lothian - Research and Development: R&D office website with publication information, funding details, policies and links.
- NHS National Services Division: Scottish specialist services including transplants and spinal injuries. This NHS site includes news, services, publications and an about page.
- Nerve Centre: Scotland's first neurological support and advice Centre. Website includes neurological terms and conditions, UK organisations and local support groups.
- Nursing Research Initiative for Scotland (NRIS): Patient care research organisation with conference details, newsletter information, jobs and research links.
- Penumbra: Scotland's first registered supported accommodation for people with mental health problems. An organisational background, mental health information, current news and jobs are included within the site.
- Scotland's Health Directory: Directory of health related organisations including charities, clinics, health clubs, therapists and health related suppliers.
- Scotland's Health On the Web (SHOW): Online health information site detailing the organisations, health professionals, and publications.
- Scotland's Health at Work in Lanarkshire: Support for Lanarkshire-based organisations which are taking part in the Scotland's Health at Work (SHAW) awards scheme. information about SHAW, the awards, and support are available on the site.
- Scottish Antibody Production Unit: Manufacturer of monoclonal blood grouping reagents. Site includes information about the company, products available and technical information.
- Scottish Association for Mental Health: Voluntary organization working to promote mental health and improve society's responses. Listing information, benefits, services and contact details.
- Scottish Centre for Infection and Environmental Health: Information on communicable diseases and environmental health hazards, travel and veterinary health risks including statistical data.
- Scottish Dental Implant Centre: Practices offering implants, cosmetic, restorative dentistry, and multi-specialty dentistry. SIte includes information about the implant types, links to other dental sites and a questions page.
- Scottish Institute of Reflexologists (SIR): Professional organisation for Reflexologists in Scotland and the North of England. Website includes information about reflexology and SIR, accredited courses, a practitioner search tool and membership details.
- Scottish Liver Transplant Unit: Liver transplant services for the people of Scotland. Site includes a patient's handbook, a who's who guide, news and transplant links.
- Scottish Radiological Society: Details of SRS activities, members, contact information and academic meetings. Includes the new home of The X-ray Files, a major UK radiology teaching site.
- Special Needs Information Point: Advice and information on services available to children with special needs and their carers, including news, events, services and fundraising.
- St Margaret's Hospice: Clydebank hospice website with a history, care services, news and events, and staff vacancies.
- Tak Tent - Cancer Support Scotland: Organisation that promotes the care of cancer patients, their family and friends by providing emotional support to all. Project information, counselling, therapies and donations are available on the site.
- The Clinical Negligence and Other Risks Scheme (CNORIS): Risk management and financial risk pooling scheme for the NHS in Scotland. Includes covers and claims, news, and information gathering.
- The Health Education Board for Scotland (HEBS): Information including heart disease, cancer, stroke, mental health, HIV and sexual health, oral health, accidents and safety, smoking, diet, physical activity, alcohol misuse and drug misuse.
- The Lothian University Hospitals NHS Trust: Provides a range of care to the people of Edinburgh, Lothian and beyond over ten hospitals sites. Includes information for patients, contact details and trust news.
- The Scottish Doctor: Medical schools steering `group` site with information about the working groups, downloadable reports and links for further research.
- The Scottish Road Safety Campaign: Develops and co-ordinates national road safety education and publicity initiatives. A background to the campaign, publicity, research and dowloads are all available on the site.
- Transcendental Meditation Scotland: Deep relaxation technique site including information about this form of meditation, how to learn it, courses and a FAQ page.
- Ultrasound Imaging: Providers of mobile ultrasound services. Includes company information, benefits, services, contact details and job opportunities.