Search Home : Regional : Europe : United Kingdom : Society and Culture : Politics : Elections
- Association of Electoral Administrators: Organisation representing election professionals. Offers electoral advice for electors, politicians and local authorities.
- Blog: Vote: Blogging the vote for European and UK elections in an effort to increase interest and turnout. With contributions from many bloggers, including MPs.
- British General Election Prediction: Predicting the result of the General Election on a seat by seat basis, using information provided by local contacts as well as the opinion polls.
- Election Maps: Free constituency, county, borough and ward maps for canvassers and other political activists. From the Ordnance Survey.
- Electoral Calculus: Features seat predictions, vulnerable seats, opinion polls, historical databases, maps and plots.
- Electoral Commission: Established by the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000 to register political parties; includes electoral and donation regulations, the party and other registers, and downloadable forms for registering parties and donations.
- Electoral Reform Services: The trading arm of the Electoral Reform Society, with 100 years of conducting ballots and elections, plus market research and membership services.
- General Election Prediction: An attempt to predict the results of the next British election using scientific analysis of opinion polls and electoral geography. Includes detailed predictions of every seat, especially vulnerable ones.
- Local Authority Byelection Results: Full results from 1996 to now, plus a link for 1995 results.
- Make Votes Count: Campaign to win the referendum on changing the way we elect our Members of Parliament. Details of The Independent Commission on the Voting System, explanation of the proposed system plus how you can get involved.
- Positive Abstention: Campaigning to include an 'abstain' choice on UK ballot papers for voters with no positive candidate preference.
- Richard Kimber's Political Science Resources: An extensive collection of over 3,200 links to the major political and governmental sites around the world, plus archive of UK elections since 1945, plus a new Election 2001 section. The site is updated almost daily.
- Rolling Registration: Details of the new system whereby the Electoral Register is updated every month. Leaflet and downloadable form.
- Tactical Voting: Tactical voting advice for each constituency, plus a predictor for election gains into which you can enter your assumptions about the overall swing, and see which seats change hands. [Does not work with Netscape 4]
- The Candidlist: A List showing probable opinions among parliamentary candidates regarding British adoption of the Euro.
- The Electoral Reform Society: Campaigns for proportional representation in the UK parliaments and assemblies.
- The South Molton Declaration: Commits parliamentary candidates of the major parties to laying a Bill before Parliament which confirms our rights as a democratic nation - rights which leading politicians claim we still possess.
- United Kingdom Election Results: Historical information on UK elective politics.
- Zero Confidence in politicians? Your vote counts!: New political movement aims to become focus of protest votes at UK General Election.
- d'Hondt PR Calculator: Computes the number of seats from the votes polled in the 1999 European Elections, by distributing the votes according to the d'Hondt formula. Should also work in 2004. It can also estimate results based on opinion poll percentages. Free download.