Search Home : Regional : Europe : United Kingdom : Society and Culture : Politics : Policy Institutes
- Adam Smith Institute: Developer of free-market policies on health, education, transport, welfare and taxation. Offers on-line publications, details of current initiatives, events diary, recommended reading, and information about Adam Smith.
- Age Concern London: Providing information about Age Concern London's work, including campaigns and publications, raising awareness of issues affecting older people in the capital.
- Catalyst: A democratic socialist organisation set up in 1998 to promote new, practical policies directed to the redistribution of power, wealth and opportunity.
- Centre for Economic and Social Inclusion: UK based, independent, non-profit organisation promoting social justice.
- Centre for Policy Studies: An independent centre-right think tank which develops and publishes public policy proposals and arranges seminars and lectures on topical policy issues.
- Centre for Reform: An independent public policy think tank.
- Citizens Income: Gives on-line access to much of the material held at the Study Centre whilst, in addition, showcasing up-to-the-minute information on current findings, forthcoming events and reviews.
- Civitas: the Institute for the Study of Civil Society: A British educational charity and publisher specializing in health, education, welfare, economics and the renewal of civil society.
- Demos: Independent think tank and research institute, believed to influence the policies of Tony Blair's government.
- Ekklesia: A web based think-tank promoting theological ideas in the public square.
- Fabian Society: A UK left of centre think tank which conducts research into political ideas and public policy reform. The site includes an on-line ordering service for various publications.
- Global Research Business Institute: The GBRI is an educational body conducting outreach to business executives, journalists and civil servants, promoting a greater understanding of globalization and its consequences.
- Guardian Unlimited Politics: Special Report: Thinktanks: Profiles Britain's leading thinktanks and explains what they are up to. Includes reviews of recent publications and links.
- Institute for Fiscal Studies: Research institute which exists to provide economic analysis independent of government, political party or any other vested interest.
- Institute for Public Policy Research: Research projects, publications and articles from the progressive think tank.
- Institute for the Study of Civil Society: A British educational charity and publisher specializing in health, education, welfare, economics and the renewal of civil society.
- Institute of Economic Affairs: The IEA's goal is to explain free-market ideas to the public, including politicians, students, journalists, businessmen, academics and anyone interested in public policy.
- Job Ownership: Independent think tank based in London researching, advising and lobbying on employee ownership in the UK and around the world.
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation: Independent development and social research charity, supporting a wide programme of research and development projects in housing, social care and social policy.
- Labour Finance & Industry Group: Helps the Labour Party with policy-making in industrial and economic fields. Describes the organisation and its workings with news and member bulletins.
- New Politics Network: The New Politics Network is an independent political and campaigning think tank, concentrating on democratic renewal and popular participation in politics.
- Nexus: A virtual Third Way think tank offering papers, discussion forum and mailing lists.
- Policy Research Bureau: An independent social policy research centre specialising in families and young people.
- Policy Studies Institute: PSI undertakes and publishes research studies relevant to social, economic and industrial policy, employment and the environment.
- Politeia: A forum for social and economic thinking encouraging reflection, discussion and debate about the place of the state in the people's daily lives, from employment and tax to education, health and pensions.
- Reform Britain: A policy institute promoting new directions for public policy based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, and individual liberty.
- Social Enterprise London: Exists to promote, establish and develop businesses that have social as well as economic aims. The site features current initiatives, downloadable policy papers and news about the Social Enterprise scene in London.
- Social Issues Research Centre: An independent, non-profit organization founded to conduct research on social and lifestyle issues, trends, and human behavior. Campaigns against scares.
- Social Market Foundation: An independent think tank, exploring ideas that link the state and the market to create a more just, free and prosperous society. Focuses on health, education, welfare and pensions policy reform.
- Social Policy Research Unit: Independent research unit at University of York concerned with the development of policies and the delivery of services to support people made vulnerable by poverty, ageing, disability or chronic illness.