Search Home : Regional : Middle East : Iran : Health
- Academy of Medical Sciences: Features member homepages and provides access to the Archives of Iranian Medicine and the Iranian Journal of Medical Sciences.
- Avesina Research Center: Provides a comprehensive service, encompassing infertility, endocrinology, immunology, biotechnology, genetics, embryology and reproduction bioethics. There are also educational and research facilities for postgraduate students interested in pursuing reproductive biology and biotechnology.
- Cinnagen Inc.: Producer of Molecular Biology, Biotechnology and Medical Laboratory reagents and Kits in Iran. Features a profile, briefs on products and services, and contact listings.
- Dental Information Institute - Iran: Distributes scientific, cultural and economic information related to Iranian dentists.
- Diseases, Malnutritian and Pollution Threatening Iranian Children: English translation of article discussing the current health threats to Iranian children. [Doran Emrooz]
- Dr Abidi: Details about manufacturing pharmaceutical products and developing research projects.
- Health and Biomedical Information Network (HBINet): Links and information about Iranian health resources, including journals, research centers and universities.
- Iran Dental Health Association: Online directory of dentists.
- Iran Red Crescent: Official site explaining its different activities.
- Iranian Biomedical Journal: Quarterly publication of the Pasteur Institute of Iran.
- Iranian Blood Transfusion Organization: Non-profit, governmental national network of blood centers in Iran founded in 1974.
- Iranian Health Forum: Forum hosted by the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. Features lecture schedule and list of executive officers.
- Iranian Hemophilia Society: Resources and news.
- Iranmedicine.com: Iranian medical community on the net providing a list of hospitals and doctors, and daily medical news from Iran.
- Khatam Hospital: Features a virtual tour to the hospital, details on the services offered, and a contact listing. Site in English and Persian language.
- National Research Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology of Iran: Under the supervision of the Ministry of Culture and Higher Education. General information about laboratories, library, computing center and scientific staff members.
- National Research Center of Medical Sciences: The goal of NRCMS is to acquire new knowledge to help prevent, detect, diagnosis, and treat disease and disability. NRCMS works toward that mission by conducting and supporting the researches in universities, medical schools, hospitals and research institutions throughout the country. They also aim to co-ordinate and collaborate with charities and other funders in developing research areas of common interest.
- Noor Vision Correction Center: Private clinic in Tehran, Iran focusing on refractive surgery including LASIK, PRK, LASEK, Customized Ablation (Wavefront Technology), RK, INTACS, and newer technologies like Conductive Keratoplasty (CK).
- Pars Darou pharmaceutical company: Producer of pharmaceutical finished products. Details about the company and products offered.
- Pasteur Institute of Iran: Provides an introduction to the institute's administration, policies and research departments.
- Royan Institute: Research and clinical center for infertility and reproductive health in Iran.
- Sina Trauma Research Center: Conducts research activities on surgery and trauma. Includes information about the center, members, and an overview of services offered.
- Tehran Doctors Directory: Directory of doctors, dentists, clinics, hospitals, pharmacies and laboratories in Tehran, Iran. Also provides links to Iranian health news and offers free email and discussion forum.
- The Impact of Maternal Workload on Child Nutrition in Rural Iran: Article by Fatimeh Rabiee and Catherine Geissler in the United Nations University Press.