Search Home : Regional : North America : United States : Government : Agencies : Independent : Environmental Protection Agency
- Environmental Protection Agency: Current issues information (Sept. 11, anthrax), reports on 17 key environmental topics from air to water, kids page, laws/regulations and further official agency information. EPA protects human health by safeguarding the natural environment - air, water and land.
- Administrator's Office: This office provides overall supervision of the Agency and is responsible directly to the President of the United States.
- Careers, Internships and Scholarships: Information for students considering a career at EPA.
- Clear Skies Initiative: Information on the Clear Skies Initiative including press releases, summary and text of the Act, and air quality and health benefits.
- EPA Chemical Registry System: Provides the capability through keyword query options to access and retrieve the name, CAS Registry Number, source, and other information about chemicals of interest to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- EPA Environmental Accounting Project: Encourages and motivates business to understand the full spectrum of their environmental costs, and integrate these costs into decision making.
- EPA Federal Register Environmental Documents: Contains the full-text of selected Federal Register documents that deal with environmentally-related issues.
- EPA Global Warming Site: Focuses on the science and impacts of global warming or climate change, and on actions by governments, corporations, and individuals that help address global warming issues. The site also features climate change related news, events, publications, reports, presentations, and links to other sites.
- EPA History Office: Provides information in the form of documents, statistics, and other useful resources on the history of the EPA.
- EPA Interpretive Documents Collection: Provides a central point of access to non-binding general policy, guidance, and interpretive documents that describe how the Agency intends to exercise its discretionary authority and explains what a statute or regulation means.
- EPA Laboratories and Research Centers: link to specific labs and centers
- EPA Listservers: Information on EPA listservers.
- EPA Locator: On-line directory of employee's phone numbers, e-mail addresses, and mailing addressees.
- EPA National Center for Environmental Innovation: Site contains information on how the EPA is using innovation to solve environmental problems and assures that the ideas are widely shared.
- EPA: Clean School Bus USA: Information on EPA's program to reduce both children's exposure to diesel exhaust and the amount of air pollution created by diesel school buses.
- Enviro$en$e - Common Sense Solutions to Environmental Problems: Repository for pollution prevention, compliance assurance, and enforcement information and databases. Included are pollution prevention case studies, technologies, points of contact, environmental statutes, executive orders, regulations, and compliance and enforcement policies and guidelines.
- Envirofacts: This website provides access to several EPA databases that provide you with information about environmental activities that may affect air, water, and land in the United States.
- Environmental Education Center: Site for teachers. Background information on environmental concepts, environmental curriculum resources and activities, workshops and conferences, environmental education grants and contacts.
- Environmental Emergencies: Whom to notify and how to be prepared in case of an environmental emergency.
- Environmental Monitoring and Assessment Program - EMAP: An EPA research program to develop the tools necessary to monitor and assess the status and trends of national ecological resources.
- Environmental Quality: This EPA site is intended to be a single, convenient source of data on environmental conditions and trends in the U.S. Includes environmental atlas and community environmental profiles.
- Explorers' Club: For children (ages 5-12). There are games, pictures, stories and other fun things.
- Freedom of Information Act Information: How to request information from the U.S. EPA.
- Mid-Atlantic Integrated Assessment: MAIA is a comprehensive program to transfer research, monitoring, and assessment innovations to help managers in the Mid-Atlantic Region make responsible environmental management decisions.
- National Center For Environmental Research and Quality Assurance: Designed to give investigators easy access to EPA research funding opportunities and past and present research projects and programs.
- National Environmental Publications Internet Site: NEPIS is a database of over 9,000 EPA documents that can be viewed online.
- Office of Environmental Education: Works to provide members of the public with a wide variety of useful environmental education resources.
- Office of International Activities: Enlists the cooperation of other nations in solving environmental problems of concern to the United States.
- Office of Policy, Economics, and Innovation: Promotes innovation to achieve greater and more cost-effective public health and environmental protection.
- Online Library System: The U.S. EPA Online Library System, OLS, allows you to search the holdings of U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's 28 libraries across the nation.
- Project XL: Pilot program that allows state and local governments, businesses and federal facilities to develop innovative strategies to test better or more cost-effective ways of achieving environmental and public health protection.
- Regulatory Public Access System (RPAS): Electronic docket system that provides access to collections of documents supporting Agency actions.
- Science Advisory Board: Provides independent scientific and engineering advice to the EPA. SAB deals with risk assessment issues and the portion of risk management that deals with the technical issues associated with control options.
- Science Inventory: Searchable catalog of science activities and scientific and technical work products (for example, risk assessments, technical studies and guidance, and research.)
- Small Business Gateway: Gateway to environmental information and contacts for small businesses.
- U.S. EPA Mercury Web Site: Information about mercury and what's being done to protect your health.
- US EPA - Methane to Markets Partnership: The Methane to Markets Partnership promotes profitable opportunities for reducing emissions of methane (an important greenhouse gas) around the world.
- US EPA Office of Civil Rights: Information on EPA's equal employment opportunity (EEO) counseling and complaint process, and employment special emphasis programs. Also describes the Title VI administrative complaint process, investigations and disparate adverse impact methodologies.
- US EPA Rules and Regulations: Find out about regulations and proposed rules, codified regulations, current legislation, and Laws.