Search Home : Science : Agriculture : Field Crops
- Advances in New Crops: Proceedings of the First National Symposium of the Center for new crops and plant products of the Purdue University which focuses on research, development, and economics.
- Agronomy Program: Plans and conducts applied research and extension programs on forages and sugar cane for the mineral (sandy) and adjacent (organic) soils of Florida's cattle and sugar cane production areas at the Southwest Florida Research and Education Center of the University of Florida.
- Alternative Field Crops Manual: Detailed information on the production of a number of agronomic crops adapted to the upper Midwestern U.S., from adzuki bean to wild rice.
- Australian New Crops Project: Information about "new" crop developments, from the University of Queensland.
- Badgersett Research Corporation: Research and development of hazelnuts and chestnuts for use as staple crops, sale of seedlings and nuts. Minnesota.
- Catholic Educator's Resource Center: Population: Food is more abundant and cheaper today than ever before in history due to a dramatic improvement in agricultural productivity that swept the globe in the 1960s.
- Center for New Crops and Plant Products: Extensive collection of information from Purdue University on crop diversification.
- CropReference: Sources of information from Purdue University on promising new crops for food, timber, shade, soil improvement.
- Edible Landscape Nursery Catalog: Information about plants (many obscure) that are available from ECHO (Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization, a Christian non-profit `group` that is battling world hunger).
- Famine Foods: A list and description of plants that are not normally considered as crops but are consumed in times of famine.
- Kentucky American Seeds: Information on soybeans, wheat, grasses, corn, specialty crops, legumes, seed treatments and seed conditioning.
- Lost Crops of the Incas: An online book, presenting little-known plants of the Andes with promise for worldwide cultivation.
- Major World Crop Areas and Climatic Profiles: PDF files showing principal crops across the world, as production maps, with weather maps and production statistics.
- Monsanto India: Provides news and information about agriculture and genetically enhanced seeds in a number of languages.
- National Plant Germplasm System (NPGS): Focused on preserving the genetic diversity of plants by acquiring, preserving, evaluating, documenting and distributing crop germplasms to research scientists. Includes general information on NPGS and Germplasm Resources Information Network. Contents include collection information, repositories, committees, and related resources.
- Neglected Crops: 1492 From A Different Perspective: Plants of American origin that have been neglected or mostly forgotten since the arrival of Europeans.
- PlantFacts - Ohio State University: Searches over 20,000 pages of horticulture and crop science info from over 40 academic and government institutions departments in the U.S. by keyword and region..
- Rothamsted Research: Conducts basic, strategic and applied research in biological and related sciences, integrating these to optimise crop production systems.
- Sustainable Agriculture Cover Crop Database: A database of plants that can be used as cover crops, especially in North America. Includes details of each species.
- The Association for the Advancement of Industrial Crops: Nonprofit organization that encourages and promotes the production, processing, development, and commercialization of industrial crops and products derived from them.
- The ProBiotech Web Site: An analysis of the development and benefits of biotechnology in agriculture. UK.
- The Use of Neglected and Underutilized Crop Species: Includes projects, purpose, publications, links, and news.
This category in other languages: