Search Home : Science : Agriculture : Forestry
- AFOCEL: Forest research services, for the timber and paper production industries. French based.
- Eduforest: Promotes education in forestry related disciplines in Europe.
- Evaluating the Forest Stewardship Program Through a National Survey of Participating Forest Land Owners: A study to determine if US Forest Stewardship Plans are meeting their purpose.
- Forest Inventory and Analysis: National program office for U.S. forests; includes database search by a variety of attributes.
- Forest Soils: Providing information on forest soils teaching, research and outreach programs at Virginia Tech and other sources relating to soil science and hydrology.
- Forestry Index: A categorised collection of links, with annotations, on forestry science and business.
- Forestry.com: A place for forestry people to gather. Free homepages, chat, forums, clipart, classifieds.
- Goodforestry.com: Forestry links, directories, news and information.
- Institute for Commercial Forestry Research: South African research and publications services. Free to sponsoring companies.
- Lithuanian Forest Inventory and Management Institute: About forest management activities in the country. Includes statistics and links.
- Resource Unit for Participatory Forestry: RUPFOR is a neutral multistakeholders' forum promoting interaction among various stakeholders in participatory forestry in India.
- SExI Forest Simulator: Spatially Explicit Individual-based Forest Simulator (SExI-FS). Describes software to simulate tree and forest growth, including graphical representation on screen.
- Seawater Forests Initiative: Promoting the development of mangrove forests, as a sustainable and environmentally beneficial enterprise for economic development of coastal desert regions. Mission statement, press releases, contacts.
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative: Timber and paper industry sponsored initiative for sustainable management practices that ensure the health and long term growth of US forests.
- Texas Forest Service: Statewide leadership and professional assistance for the state's forest, tree, and related natural resources.
- The Champion Tree Project, International: Works to preserve the biggest, best, tallest, strongest, and eldest representatives of Earth's largest plants.
- Theory on Harvesting in Small Scale Forestry: Describes the alternative methods to clear cutting, known as selective felling, or as uneven aged forest management.
- USDA Forest Service - Northeastern Area: Emphasis on state and private forestry information.
- Woody Plant Seed Manual: Provides comprehensive information relating to the biology of tree and shrub seeds, including genetic improvement and germination.
- World Forestry Center: Information about the World Forestry education exhibits and programs at the Center's museum location in Portland, demonstration forests in Oregon, international programs and research activities.
- World-Wide Web Virtual Library: Forest Genetics and Tree Breeding: An large collection of interesting links for forest geneticists and tree breeders.
This category in other languages: