Search Home : Science : Agriculture : Horticulture
- Agribusiness Online Crop Guides: Production and postharvest technical information for individual crops.
- Australian New Crops Project: Encouraging the commercialisation of potential new crops (including herbs, spices, and other horticultural crops) in Australia. Includes newsletter and links.
- Comprehensive Listing of Alternate and Botanical Names for Horticultural Crops - Sydney Postharvest Laboratory: Searchable by common names, alternate names and botanical names.
- Controlled Environment Agriculture Center, University of Arizona: Details of the center, and of growing crops by protected cultivation.
- Ecocrop: Database interface that identifies suitable plants for a specified environment, for a defined use, or for a defined description.
- Floral and Nursery Plants Research Unit, U.S. National Arboretum: Information on research activities at several locations, development of new plant varieties, and development of new technologies for agriculture, the florist and nursery industries, and home gardeners.
- Gardenet: Online horticultural information service. Australia.
- Hazelnut Production: Plant information and production information with emphasis on Australia.
- Henry Doubleday Research Association.: The HDRA researches and promotes organic gardening in the UK.
- Home Horticulture: Extensive alphabetized listing of horticultural fact sheets and images. Grouped by type of plant and topic. Michigan State University.
- Hops Information: Information, including FAQs and research, on growing hops in eastern United States.
- Hort Extension: Archive of horticultural information for producers and gardeners from Texas A&M and the Texas Extension Service. Features publications, newsletters, information about specific plants, IPM, and master gardener programs.
- Horticultural Engineering: Contains information about aspects of engineering, including glasshouse construction and energy conservation, from Rutgers University.
- Horticulture Research International: Principal UK organisation tasked with carrying out horticultural research and development and transferring the results to industry. Site provides details of research across horticultural sectors.
- Horticulture Research International Association: Research for commercial horticultural businesses. UK based body with individual and corporate membership.
- Horticulture Resources: Information about the horticultural technology with links to the Journal of Applied Horticulture, and horticultural societies.
- Horticulture Solutions Series: A collection of short notes on a number of horticultural topics.
- Institute of Vegetables and Ornamental Crops: The Institute carries out basic and applied research supporting the sustainable production of vegetable and ornamental plants and the rational use of natural resources. Located approximately 20 km south of Berlin, the Institute was a research center for vegetable crops since 1925. Grossbeeren/Erfurt e.V. (Germany).
- International Cultivar Registration Authorities: Information on the distinct authorities, how to chose and register a name, symposia and calendars.
- International Society for Horticultural Science: Includes general and specific scientific information, links to journals, events calendar.
- Maca: Information on the cultivation of Lepidium meyenii, or Maca.
- NC State Horticulture: Teaching, research, and outreach in horticulture, including basic biology, ecology, production and use of horticultural products.
- Nursery Extension: Links and online resources for the nursery industry, from the Clemson University Extension.
- PlantAmnesty: Information on quality gardening and landscaping practice, especially with regard to pruning of shrubs and trees.
- Sydney Postharvest Laboratory: Serving the fresh fruit and vegetable industry, for matters including evaluation of postharvest technologies, storage and handling software, assistance with commercialization, patents, expert testimony, and cargo loss. Located in Sydney, Australia.
- Technical Manual on Small-Scale Processing of Fruits and Vegetables: Examines the socioeconomic benefits and effects on rural development of small agroindustrial enterprises in Latin America and the Caribbean. Used as a guide for the activities that the United Nations FAO carries out in these areas.
- The American Society for Horticultural Science: Promotes and encourages scientific research and education in horticulture within the United States and throughout the world. Publisher of HortScience, HortTechnology, and the Journal of ASHS.
- The Center for Urban Horticulture: Conducts research, teaching, and public service on the selection, management and role of plants and ecosystems in the urban environment. At College of Forest Resources, University of Washington, Seattle.
- The Geophyte Page: Information on herbaceous plants with underground storage organs such as bulbs, corms, and tubers. Oriented primarily towards commercial growers, forcers, and retailers. Production statistics, crop specific guidelines for major geophytic plants such as tulips, daffodils, and lilies. Clemson University.
- The Horticultural Taxonomy Group: Gives the history of HORTAX, an association of taxonomists and horticulturists interested in the classification and nomenclature of cultivated plants, member information and links to the archives of HORTAX News.
- Tocklai Experimental Station: Research site of the Tea Research Association, India. Information and research on tea cultivation and processing.
- Traditional Pacific Island Crops: AgNIC guide to web resources. Includes information on cultivation, marketing, harvest, nutrition, recipes, and trade associations
- Upasi Tea Research Foundation: Information on tea cultivation and growing in the south of India.
- Weed Control in Nursery Crops: Discussions on weed control, weed identification, and herbicide management in nursery crops. From Oregon State University.
- Yosef Mizrahi's Homepage.: Biological and horticultural aspects of wild and rare fruit and nut trees of warm climates. Biology of cacti. Abnormally-ripening-fruit mutants.
This category in other languages: