Search Home : Science : Agriculture : Organizations
- Academic Departments: Searches research and teaching information for horticulture and crop science departments across the United States.
- Agronomic Science Foundation: Conducts scholarship and grant programs and issues awards intended to help further the role of the agronomic, crop, and soil sciences in global crop production, and to promote human welfare within a sustainable environment.
- Alpha Zeta Fraternity: A professional fraternity of men and women whose educational objectives and/or careers fall within the broadly defined field of agriculture. United States.
- American Agri Women (AAW): National coalition works on areas of interest, such as governmental economic policy and environmental issues. Page lists the mission statement, affiliate organizations, meetings, committee chairpersons and executive officers.
- American Society of Agricultural Engineers: Professional and technical organization of members worldwide interested in engineering knowledge and technology for food and agriculture and associated industries.
- American Society of Agronomy: Dedicated to the development of agriculture enabled by science, in harmony with environmental and human values.
- Asian Federation for Information Technology in Agriculture: Contact and member information about the organisation.
- CAB International: Collects and shares knowledge about organic pesticides, biodiversity and genetics. Publisher of books and journals.
- Center for the Application of Molecular Biology to International Agriculture: CAMBIA, a non profit biotech research organisation, giving a company profile, details of research undertaken, a bibliography and contact details.
- Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station: Information on services and resources provided as well as special events.
- Council for Agricultural Science and Technology: Assembles, interprets, and communicates science-based information regionally, nationally, and internationally on food, fiber, agricultural, natural resource, and related societal and environmental issues. Topics include animal science, food science, agricultural technology, education, plant and soil sciences, and plant protection.
- Crop Science Society of America: An educational and scientific organization comprised of more than 4,700 members dedicated to the advancement of crop science. Members in more than 100 countries.
- Doyle Foundation: Providing advocacy and support for the role of science in international development
- Dr. Prem Nath Agricultural Science Foundation: A charitable trust established to assist Indian agricultural scientists to address agricultural problems for the benefit of developing countries.
- ESA - European Society for Agronomy: For agronomists, researchers and teachers who are concerned with basic and applied science in agronomy: the relationships between crops, soils, climates and agricultural practices, and between agriculture and the environment.
- European Federation for Information Technology in Agriculture: Includes organisation newsletters and archives, conference and event information,
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO): Site has many information resources and links on agricultural topics, as well as hunger, sustainable development, and related matters.
- Future Harvest: Details of this charitable organisation which aims to improve access to food. Site includes information on world food problems, what can be done about them and the organization's programs.
- Hyb Tech: Project set up to develop F1 breeding technology for crops. Plants being tested are rice, tomato, chicory and tobacco. Funded by a commission of six European countries. techniques.
- Independent agricultural research: Agrisearch is Europe's leading independent agricultural research organisation, conducting regulatory trials for many of the world's major agricultural input businesses.
- Infoagrar - Information on International Agriculture: InfoAgrar is the agricultural information and documentation service of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
- Institute of Arable Crops Research: Gives research results, information for growers, calendar of events and training and education offered.
- Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture: Promotes the sustainable development of agriculture, food security and the prosperity of rural communities. Includes information on trade, technology and education.
- Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture: Features history, summits, programs, courses, and news. In Spanish and English.
- International Commission on Irrigation and Drainage: News, profile and publications of the non-profit organisation working to improve water and land management by the application of irrigation, drainage and flood management techniques, in English and French.
- International Federation of Nematology Societies: Information is given on nematodes, nematologists and nematology; IFNS, its 14 nematological member societies, and the International Congress of Nematology.
- International Network for Bamboo and Rattan: Knowledge dissemination for rural areas and industries on bamboo and rattan conservation and use.
- International Service for National Agricultural Research: ISNAR assists developing countries in improving the performance of their national agricultural research systems and organizations.
- Landis International-Agricultural research and management company.: Research and development management company specializing in registration and re-registration of agricultural compounds. We provide a turnkey solution from discovery to EPA registration.
- Pan American Federation for Information Technology in Agriculture: Brief information on the federation and its founding principles and statutes.
- Research Institute of Animal Nutrition, Ltd.: Pohorelice, Czech Republic. Cattle nutrition, pig nutrition, animal nutrition physiology and feed biotechnologies research. Research is the company's main activity.
- SFIAR: Agricultural Research for Development in Switzerland: Provides up-to-date information on agricultural research for development, mainly focused on Switzerland, and offers facilities to present information on the internet.
- Shanti Progress: Mission statement of the non-profit society created to promote alternative and environmentally safe technologies, and the practice of natural farming, photographs and links to other sites. India.
- Society for Economic Botany: Fosters scientific research, education, and related activities on the past, present, and future uses of plants, and the relationship between plants and people.
- Society for Range Management: For the scientific study, protection and management of rangeland resources, mainly grazing lands managed by ecological principles.
- Soil & Crop Science Society of Florida: Contains operations, meeting, and contact information.
- Swiss Center for International Agriculture: Promotes and supports projects in international agricultural research, especially for the sustainable use of natural resources in agriculture and forestry in non-OECD countries.
- The Florida Caribbean Chapter of the American Bamboo Society: Non-profit organization dedicated to gaining knowledge and educating the public on bamboos, with emphasis on research and preservation and propagation of endangered species.
- The Triazine Network: Organisation that challenges the US restrictions on the use of these herbicides.
- United States Freshwater Prawn and Shrimp Growers Association: Provides information on the raising of prawn and shrimp, and also extension and business details, and recipes.
This category in other languages: