Search Home : Science : Agriculture : Pests and Diseases
- 'Return to the Stone-Age of Pest Management': Remarks presented on behalf of Consumers Union by Dr. Charles Benbrook and Dr. Michael Hansen.
- Actron Free Integrated Fly Management Training: Multi-media instruction on the problem of flies with particular attention to their role in the transmission of foodborne illness.
- Agrichemical and Environmental News: A monthly newsletter of pest management, and environmental issues from Washington State University. Includes IPM, biocontrol, organic, and chemical management of weeds, diseases, insects, and other crop pests.
- Agriculture - Disease and Pest Control: Information on alternative techniques used to control pests and disease.
- Agrochemical Discovery: Insect, Weed, and Fungal Control: Applications in modifying plants to provide their own crop protection or enhanced yield and quality are discussed.
- Alert-Pest: Includes a collection of environmental and pest management links.
- Alternatives in Insect Pest Management: Provides background information and evaluation of the safety and effectiveness of several alternative products and practices.
- Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS): Part of U.S. Department of Agriculture. Site provides extensive information on animal and plant health/disease topics, USDA regulations, control of invasive species, agricultural chemicals, and related public health issues.
- Biting Flies: Offers flytraps, as an effective and environmentally friendly way to reduce horse fly and deer fly populations. Wisconsin.
- Center for Plant Health Science Technology: The scientific support organization for the Plant Protection and Quarantine (PPQ) division of the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS). Works to identify and evaluate pathways used by invasive plant pests and weeds that threaten American agriculture and natural resources.
- Centre for Pest Information and Technology, University of Queensland: Agricultural and natural `resource` management, particularly pest management.
- Consortium for Integrated Management of Stored Product Insect Pests: Proposals, reports and results of a project funded by the USDA to develop technologies for stored product insect management.
- Department of Entomology at Volcani ARO: Descriptions of the research undertaken in insect management, taxonomy, ecology, toxicology and control.
- Ecologically Based Pest Management: Describes cultural and biological pest control methods.
- Entomology Program and Laboratory: Research related to pest insects in the southwest Florida agricultural community at the Southwest Florida Research and Education Center of the University of Florida.
- Environmental Pest Control: Biological alternatives to the use of poisonous chemicals. Site provides contact details.
- Insect Investigations Ltd: Information on product testing and development for the pest management industry.
- Insecticide Resistance Action Committee (IRAC): Information about what IRAC is with useful links, news and up coming events.
- Jamie Sutherland: Details of his recent and current entomological research, including risk assessment for GM crops, syrphid biology and rice entomology.
- Kirk Hillier: At University of Utah. Describes his research into insect chemical ecology, behavior and the production and perception of pheromones.
- LOEWE Phytodiagnostica: Offers high-quality reagents for the detection of plant diseases, and diagnostic testing services.
- Links to The Best Mosquito Sites on The Web: List of links recommended to anyone interested in mosquito entomology, mosquito control or just plain mosquito facts.
- Microbial Pest Control: Summarizes major issues of biologically based pest control and profiles current products and strategies shaping the market.
- National Agricultural Pest Information System (NAPIS): The database for the Cooperative Agricultural Pest Survey (CAPS) and is maintained by the Center for Environmental and Regulatory Information Systems (CERIS).
- National Integrated Pest Management Network: Promoters of minimized pesticide use, enhanced environmental stewardship and sustainable systems.
- Natural Pest Control: Links and information regarding natural pest control and environment friendly alternatives to chemicals.
- PMRC - The Pest Management Resource Centre: A `resource` site with links and information regarding pest management.
- Pest Control Portal: Listings of jobs, equipment, companies, training and products.
- Pest Management and Identification: Guidelines and information on pest and disease control and management, organised by crop plant. From University of California.
- Pest Management at the Crossroads: Information and links on pest control issues, integrated pest management, impacts of pesticides, and related topics.
- PestWeb - Pest Control Industry Website: Specializing in links to pest control associations, education resources, government resources, manufacturers, distributors, industry news, products, online industry training and MSDS and Label viewing.
- Pesticide Bookmarks: University of Nebraska Pesticide Education Resources.
- Pesticide Policy Project: Promotes development and testing methodologies for crop protection policy reform, and provides information on alternative crop protection methods.
- Plant Dictionary - Pests of Horticulture: From Ohio State University - a searchable database of images of insect pests, diseases and other problems of plants.
- Plant Disease Central: Detailed descriptions of crop diseases commonly occurring in the western corn belt. Crops covered include, corn, sorghum, wheat, soybean, dry bean, sugar beet. University of Nebraska- Lincoln.
- Safe Application of Plant Protection Agents: Novartis Foundation for Sustainable Development (NFSD) risk fund project. Information on the project.
- Solarization Home: About soil solarization, a non-chemical, environment-friendly method for controlling soilborne pathogens and weeds.
- University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences.: Pesticide application and safety.
- Zeamax Agriculture: Agricultural regulatory affairs, field research and market development consulting providing services to the crop protection and seed industries in Canada.