Search Home : Science : Astronomy : Data Archives
- Centre de Données astronomiques de Strasbourg: (CDS) Astronomical databases, bibliography, documentation, and directory.
- NASA Extragalactic Database: (NED).
- 2dF QSo Redshift Survey (2QZ): An Anglo-Australian collaboration surveying 740 square degrees of high-galactic lattiude sky. Contains spectroscopic data release, results, progress report, and input catalogue, survey members, and publications.
- AAVSO International Database: Over 10 million variable star estimates dating back over 100 years.
- ADC - Astronomical Data Center: NASA's ADC is a `resource` for astronomical data, catalogs, and journal tables.
- Astronomical Data Center: Data from the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan. Includes catalog service, data archives, imaging services, and journals.
- Astronomy Picture of the Day Archive: Daily archive of interesting astronomy photos by NASA.
- Astronomy: Data Archives: Patrick Shopbell's Astronomy Resources. Contains data archives, astronomical catalogs, atlas of nearby dwarf galaxies, and links.
- AstronomyNook: Contains astronomy data, news, images, information, and downloads.
- Byte-O-Matic.NET Astronomical Information Archive: Offers information services, and archiving of various astronomical issues.
- CADC - Canadian Astronomy Data Centre: Contains digitized sky survey, IUE archive, star catalogs, and links.
- CATS Database: Astrophysical CATalogs support System. Contains list of catalogs, table of major radio catalogs, and search tool.
- CFHT Archive: The Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope Archive. Includes CFHT archives, images, instruments, help, and links.
- Cambridge Astronomical Survey Unit: Contains information on the PDS and APM microdensitometer facilities, Carlsberg Meridian telescope, data archives, and processing center.
- DARTS: A database to provide access for general researchers to observation data about solar, astrophysics and terrestrial information derived by the observation satellites of ISAS. Includes related `resource` links.
- DSS - The Digitized Sky Survey: Comprises a set of all-sky photographic surveys in E, V, J, R, and N bands conducted with the Palomar, and UK Schmidt telescopes at the Space Telescope Science Institute.
- ESO, and Space Telescope Science Archive Facilities: A joint venture of The European Southern Observatory(ESO), and the Space Telescope European Coordinating Facility(ST-ECF). Contains a shared archive server, services, news, updates, digitized sky images, links, and public datasets.
- ESO/ST-ECF USNO-A1.0 Catalogue Server: Archive provides access to the all-sky catalogue from the set of ten CD-ROMs produced by the US Naval Observatory within the Precise Measurement Machine Project.
- HEASARC: High Energy Astrophysics Science Archive Research Center. Provides an archive of data on (and software for analyzing) gamma-ray, X-ray, and extreme ultraviolet observations of cosmic (non-solar) sources.
- Hypercat: Extragalactic database: Search data about millions of galaxies by their name or celestial position. Also an archive of 100,000 images of galaxies.
- Infrared Astronomical Satellite (IRAS): Sky map, and point source catalogs from the all-sky survey.
- Infrared Space Observatory: Data archive by the European Space Agency mission with the participation of ISAS and NASA.
- Islamic Crescents' Observation Project: Global project organized by the Arab Union for Astronomy and Space Sciences (AUASS). Contains data base for Crescent Observations.
- Jim's Hubble Telescope Photo Gallery: Presents photos from the Hubble Space Telescope.
- Leicester Digitized Sky Survey: An image browser providing access to digitized optical Schmidt plates forming the STScI Survey.
- MAST: Multimission Archive at STScI: MAST supports a variety of astronomical data archives, with the primary focus on scientifically related data sets in the optical, ultraviolet, and near-infrared parts of the spectrum.
- Microsoft Research and the SDSS SkyServer: A project to develop an Internet data `resource` in astronomy. Includes journals, reading, the sky server, team information, and links.
- Multiwavelength Milky Way: The Astrophysics Data Facility (ADF), located at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center.
- NCSA Astronomy Digital Image Library: (ADIL) collects astronomical, research-quality images and make them available to the astronomical community, and the general public. Offers Library access, image browse, and FITS links.
- NOAO Data Archives: Operated by the Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA), Inc. Includes survey programs data archive, and links to other data collections.
- NVSS Postage Stamp Server: This postage Stamp server for NRAO/VLA Sky Survey (NVSS) returns radio images of the sky in FITS or JPEG format.
- Pat Baker's Astronomy Central: Explores astronomy, the universe, the Hubble telescope, the solar system, and astronomy history. Offers news, images, articles, and links.
- Personal Web pages: A list of the personal web pages of professional astronomers from around the world. Extensive.
- Planetary Data System: PDS archives, and distributes digital data from past, and present NASA planetary missions, astronomical observations, and laboratory measurements. Contains data and services, educational resources, and contact information.
- Radio Astronomy Group, University of Tasmania: Contains student research projects, astronomical data, radio observatories, and history.
- SAO Telescope Data Center: Creates, and maintains software to process and archive data from optical telescopes at the Oak Ridge Observatory in Harvard, Massachusetts, Whipple Observatory, and Multiple Mirror Telescope on Mt. Hopkins in Arizona. The Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (SAO) is part of the Harvard- Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (CfA) in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- SIMBAD Astronomical Database: Offers data, cross-identifications, observational measurements, and bibliography for celestial objects outside the solar system including stars, galaxies, and nonstellar objects within our galaxy, or in external galaxies.
- Sloan Digital Sky Survey: A survey that maps one-quarter of the entire sky, determining the positions and absolute brightnesses of more than 100 million celestial objects.
- Solar Data Analysis Centre: Contains solar data, and images. Includes SDAC Data-Finder, current solar images, and TRACE analysis guides.
- Space Telescope Science Institute: Contains astronomy resources, space data archives, visitor information, and research opportunities.
- Starcast: Provides simultaneously queries, and many astronomical databases. Includes input target coordinates or name, data type, source, and bandpass.
- Supercosmos Sky Surveys: Provides images, and catalogues of the southern sky in three colours. Includes access to digitised images, and the data derived from SuperCOSMOS scans of photographic Schmidt survey plates.
- Technical Data for the Arecibo Airglow and Optical Instrumentation: Data information, and instrument documentation from the Arecibo optical facility.
- The Aladin Sky Atlas: Provides an interactive sky atlas allowing users to visualize digitized images of any part of the sky. Includes astronomical catalogs, personal user data files, and interactive access to related data from the Simbad database, and Vizier service.
- The ELODIE archive: Hosts more than 16000 Echelle spectra of 2000 objects from the ELODIE spectrograph at OHP observatory.
- The Munich Astro Archive: Archives astronomical data. Includes star dates, comets, glossary, astronomical catalogs, calendar, meteor events, and astromaps.
- The New UKIRT Archive: The United Kingdom Infrared Telescope Archive. Offers search tool, and operator's log.
- The Royal Astronomical Society: UK organization promoting astronomy, geophysics, and planetary science.
- The UTR-2 Catalogue: Provides a low frequency sky survey of discrete sources obtained in the Institute of Radio Astronomy of the Ukrainian National Academy of Sciences. Images from the UTR-2 radio telescope at a number of the low frequencies used in contemporary radio astronomy within the range from 10 to 25 MHz.
- The UnOfficial Chandra Data Archive Search: Provides a search tool for the Chandra X-Ray Observatory secondary data products archive.
- The VLA FIRST Survey: Faint images of the radio sky at the wavelength of 20 centimeters.
- The Web Nebulae: Features images of Nebulae organized by Bill Arnett. Includes glossary, image list, and sources.
- UK astronomical data-center: Data center that is part of the Cambridge Astronomy Survey Unit providing a selection of data from the UK's ground based telescopes. Includes archives, and catalogs.
- USGS Planetary GIS Web Server.: Mapping interface that will integrate powerful Geographic Information Systems (GIS) graphical, statistical, and spatial relational tools for analyses of planetary datasets.
- WEBDA: Devoted to stars in galactic open clusters. It offers an interface to a database collecting astronomical observations, and bibliography.
This category in other languages: