Search Home : Science : Biology : Bioinformatics
- The Ensembl Project: Ensembl is a joint project between EMBL-EBI and the Sanger Centre to develop a software system which produces and maintains automatic annotation on eukaryotic genomes.
- The Open Lab: A community focused on the freedom of information as it pertains to the biosciences.
- Biodatabase Mining: Whitepaper on database mining in the Human Genome Initiative.
- Bioinformatics Resources: Resource for searching genetic databases, online tools, journals, and recent news.
- Bioinformatics and Biological Computing: Comprehensive bioinformatics site, with access to multiple database searching and sequence analysis tools - from the Weizmann Institute of Science.
- Bioweircom.org -- Site for Bioinformatics Developers: tools and info for bioinformatics newbies and gurus alike!
- Bioxing: Provides database systems and data mining for high-throughput DNA and protein microarrays.
- DNA Structural Atlas: Easy-to-use summary of genomic information currently available for all organisms-from the Technical Univ. of Denmark.
- European Molecular Biology Network: EMBnet is the only organisation world-wide bringing bioinformatics professionals to work together to serve the expanding fields of genetics and molecular biology.
- Iranian Bioinformatics Research Center: Research on Bioinformatics topics include: Genomics, Drug discovery, intelligent agent applications, sequencing, pattern matching, complex algorithms, distributed Databases, pharmaceogenomics, ...
- Online Bionformatics Resource.: Dedicated website to Bioinformatics containing Bioinformatic Tools, BLAST Search capability, Online Resource, BioinfChat, Links to Bioinformatic Resources and Tutorials.
- Perlsource Informatics: Provides online courses in Perl programming for bioinformatic tools.
- Roslin Institute Bioinformatics: Offers database lists, laws, and tool download, from Roslin Institute.
- Society for Bioinformatics in the Nordic countries: SocBiN is a non-profit organisation for people working with and interested in bioinformatics. One task of the society is to arrange annual conferences on Bioinformatics, of which the first took place April 1999 in Lund.
- The Bioinformatics Resource: The site of CCP11 (Collaborative Computational Project 11) the goal of which is to "to foster the broad bioinformatics community and the UK research community in particular". Comprehensive list of links, including information on courses, conferences and workshops that they run.
- The International Society for Computational Biology: The International Society for Computational Biology is dedicated to advancing the scientific understanding of living systems through computation; the emphasis is on the role of computing and informatics in advancing molecular biology.
- The Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics Homepage (SIB): SIB operates the ExPASy proteomics server and the Swiss node of EMBnet. Teaching activities include a series of post-graduate courses given at the Universities of Geneva and Lausanne, as well as at the EPFL, and a Masters Degree in bioinformatics. Major research areas include the development of integrated databases and software resources in the field of proteomics.
- USCS Genome Bioinformatics: Provides genome browser, gene sorter, blat search function, and publications.
- USGS Center for Biological Informatics: Facilitates access to and application of biological information.
- Visualisation for Bioinformatics: DNA microarray Visualisation Resources, Papers, Articles, Posters and Talks.
This category in other languages: