Search Home : Science : Biology : Biophysics
- The Biophysical Society: A FASEB member and publisher of the "Biophysical Journal." Extensive resources include an online textbook, meetings, and career placement.
- BioCoRE: The Biological Collaborative Research Environment (BioCoRE) for Structural Biology is a web-based, tool-oriented collaboratory for biomedical research and training.
- BioMagResBank: Database for NMR spectroscopy information on biomolecules hosted at the University of Wisconsin at Madison.
- BioScience Research Tool: Specialized directory of online tools and resources on biophysics selected for scientists.
- Bioelectromagnetics Society: The Society promotes scientific study of the interaction of electromagnetic energy and acoustic energy with biological systems.
- Biological Energy Conversion: UIUC course explores the major mechanisms of bioenergetics, with particular emphasis on respiration and photosynthesis, and the tools required to describe these processes.
- British Biophysical Society: The BBS aims to promote the physical characterisation and understanding of biomolecular functions.
- Electrophysiology and the Molecular Basis of Excitability: Simulations of ion channels and excitable membranes including diffusion, membrane potentials, nerve voltage clamp, and propagated action potentials.
- Electrophysiology of Plants: Describes the membrane and action potentials of enzymatically isolated giant plant protoplasts and induction of electrofusion along with its mechanisms.
- European Biophysical Societies' Association: Disseminates knowledge of the principles and applications of biophysics, and fosters the exchange of scientific information among European biophysicists.
- International School on Magnetic Resonance and Brain Function: A course on NMR tools for the brain function investigation at the Univ. of Rome, Italy.
- International Society for Electrical Bio-Impedance: Promotes research and development of electrical impedance measurements as a means of assessing normal and abnormal physiological states in medicine and biology.
- International Union for Pure and Applied Biophysics: Established worldwide professional society based in England for all biophysics-related disiplines.
- Medical Biophysics: An online community for the study of medical biophysics at UWO. Supports user submitted comments, community contributed papers, full text searches, and class resources.
- Nucleic Acid Hydration: Annotated overview of the hydration of nucleic acids along with proteins and polysaccharides.
- Physiology and Biophysics: Lists higher education, association and `resource` links within the field. A part of Cornell University's World Wide Web Virtual Library.
- Quantum Biology: Brief nanotechnology article on the merging of quantum physicics and molecular biology. Includes journal citations and relevant Web links.
- Respiratory Mucociliary Structure and Function: Robert Hendrix's page on the mechanical structure and function of respiratory cilia.
- SPR Web Pages: Describes surface plasmon resonance (SPR), a powerful method of measuring biomolecular interactions in a label-free environment.
- Society for Mathematical Biology: A forum for discussion of research in biology, mathematical-biology, and mathematics applied to or motivated by biology.
- Structural Biology Network (SBNet): The SBNet, hosted by Uppsala University, unites academic and industrial structural biologists. Its goal is to strengthen the strategic value of structural biology in Sweden.
- Thermosynthesis: Thermosynthesis theory shows how organisms can use or may have used thermal cycling as an energy source, yielded the scaffolding for the origin and evolution of life.
- UIUC Chapter of Illinois Biophysics Society: Hopes to create an educational and friendly environment where biophysics students can keep in touch and socialize at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- iii21 SCESim: Single Channel Experiment Simulator is a program for simulation of biophysical experiments with clusters of ion channels.
This category in other languages: