Search Home : Science : Biology : Botany : Paleobotany
- Links for Palaeobotanists: Annotated links to internet resources, especially for palaeobotanists.
- A History of Palaeozoic Forests, by Hans Kerp: This web version contains the original illustrations as appeared in the printed version and many links directly related to the history of Palaeozoic forests.
- Did the Wood Roach or Prototermite Cause the Permian-Triassic Coal Hiatus?: A symbiosis of the wood roach with a cellulose digesting protozoa probably caused Permian aridity and rise of conifers, and created the early Triassic coal hiatus.
- Environmental Archaeology, Florida Museum of Natural History: This discipline analyzes and interprets past human resources uses and human/environment interactions. It is made up of three subdisciplines - Zooarchaeology, Archaeobotany, and Archaeopedology.
- Geobiology of Polar Latitude Eocene Forests: Describes a paleobotanical/paleoecological study of fossil forest site in the Canadian high arctic. Research information about the University of Pennsylvania research at the fossil forest site.
- Global Vegetation History of the Last 150,000 Years: An atlas of changes in climate and vegetation over recent geological time (the Quaternary period).
- Hans' Paleobotany Pages: Website on fossil plants.
- History of Paleozoic Forests and the Earliest Land Plants: Information from the Paleobotanic Research Group at the University of Munster.
- Internet Directory for Botany: Alphabetical list of links pertaining to Paleobotany.
- PETRALGA (Permian & Triassic Algae) Project: The Project was launched in order to build a solid database for the fossil Algae from the Permian and Triassic epochs. A main going-on sub-project deals with a catalogue for the Dasycladales.
- Paleo Life: Paleontology, paleobotany, and pollen analysis links.
- Paleobotany Type Catalog and Collection: A searchable catalog containing information on type specimens of fossil plants, algae and fungi.
- Places of Palaeobotanical Research: An Index of Places of Palaeobotanical Research and Palaeobotanists Personal Pages.
- Plant Fossils of West Virginia: A `resource` for learning.
- Review and Atlas of Palaeovegetation: Preliminary land ecosystem maps of the world since the Last Glacial Maximum.
- Tertiary Research Center: Information about the Miocene Clarkia flora of northern Idaho, USA, including taxonomy, fossil collection sites, research, and photographs of Tertiary fossils.
- Virtual Paleobotany Lab: An introductory look into the world of Paleobotany. Designed as a teaching tool for a class at UC Berkeley, but providing useful background information to anyone interested in this field.
- White Rose Palaeobiology Group: Research projects, scientific publications, and opportunities at this collaborative initiative between the Universities of Sheffield and Leeds in the United Kingdom.
- Yale Peabody Museum: Paleobotany Collection: A world-wide paleobotanical collection dating from the early 19th century.
This category in other languages: