Search Home : Science : Biology : Cryobiology
- 21st Century Medicine: A research and development company in the fields of cryopreservation and ice control technologies for cryobiology and industrial uses. In Rancho Cucamonga, California.
- Accredited Tissue Banks List: From the American Association Of Tissue Banks
- American Association of Tissue Banks: Professional organization for accreditation and information.
- Asymptote Cool Guide to Cryopreservation: Manual of the general principles of cryobiology, especially regarding the preservation of sperm and embryos. Detailed but accessible to the educated layman.
- BioMonde: Research and Development: Bulgarian cryobiology researchers claim to have freeze-dried, stored, and transplanted "most of the vital organs." No details; claims appear to be of dubious credibility. Supposedly part of the Bulgarian Institute of Cryobiology and Lyophilisation.
- Biolyph's Lyophilization Services: Lyophilization (freeze-drying) and contract manufacturing of pharmaceutical and diagnostic products using LyoSpheres. In Hopkins, Minnesota.
- Biothermal Sciences Laboratory, U. of Illinois at Chicago: Research on cryobiology, heat shock, and fever.
- Conservation of endangered animals by using sperm and embryo freezing: A project to preserve several endangered mammals of far northern Europe, using cryopreservation. At the University of Kuopio, Finland.
- Cryo-By-Design: Cryo-By-Design is an innovative company that offers quality instrumentation, manufactured by an award winning company, since 1992 for cryo-preservation and freeze-substitution.
- CryoLife Inc.: Probably the U.S. leader in research and cryopreservation of heart valves for transplant. Also preserves vascular tissue for heart bypass and vascular resonstruction, and connective tissue (tendons). Is also doing research in surgical glues.
- Cryobiology: International journal of low temperature biology and medicine. Published by the Society for Cryobiology.
- Cryobiology and Anhydrobiology - School of Physics,University of New South Wales, Sydney Australia: Research and introduction by Associate professor Joe Wolfe
- Cryobiology: Low temperature studies of biological systems: A readable summary of the field of cryobiology by a college biology student, but with some confused opinions about the intent of the field.
- Cryolab - Roskilde University: Cryobiology laboratory at Roskilde University, Denmark. Concentration on cold adaptation in animals, with ongoing research in antifreeze proteins, microtubules, cryopreservation.
- Cryopreservation Application Guide: A detailed introduction to cell preservation technology from Nalgene Nunc. PDF file (249K)
- Cryopreservation Research: Research on trehalose and cryopreservation at University of Wisconsin, Molecular Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics Group. Click on "Research." Includes a link to their nanolithography program.
- Cryosite: A company which provides secure off-site, ultra-low temperature and cryogenic storage for biological specimens. In Sydney, Australia.
- Freezing fruit flies for future research: An article updating the Peter Mazur research at Oak Ridge National Laboratory. From "Technical Highlights" in the ORNL Review from 1993. You have to page down about halfway for the article on Mazur.
- Frozen Fruit Fly Embryos Hatched: An article from "Technical Highlights" in the Oak Ridge National Laboratory Review (Vol. 26, No. 1). Reports the research of Peter Mazur and others from 1992.
- Genternity LLC: Proposed services to include DNA preserved before cremation funeral for genetic preservation and immortality.
- International Bioresearch Solutions: IBS is a non-profit national organization that works with organ procurement organizations to place organs that are not suitable for transplant with medical researchers.
- Ken Storey's Lab: The "frozen frog" expert at Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- LifeNet: LifeNet is the largest, full-service, non-profit allograft Tissue Banking System in the United States. LifeNet is also a non-profit, federally-designated, Organ Procurement Organization providing donation systems for heart, liver, kidney, pancreas,lung, and other organs for transplant.
- Lyophilization Services of New England, Inc.: Contract manufacturer providing lyophilization (freeze-drying) of products, both vial and bulk. In Manchester, New Hampshire.
- National Seed Storage Laboratory (NSSL): The section on "Preservation" discusses cryogenic storage.
- Phase Technologies: An organization dedicated to the lyophilization (freeze-drying) process that is used in the manufacture of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and diagnostic products. Also provides lyophilization services. In Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania.
- Society for Cryobiology: The primary scientific society in this field, founded in 1964 to promote research into the effects of low temperatures on all types of organisms and their constituent cells, tissues and organs.