Search Home : Science : Biology : Ecology : Wildlife Ecology and Management
- Arizona Game and Fish - Wildlife Conservation: Studies and surveys on Arizona wildlife and their management, information about management programs, and related topics. Topics include elk, mule deer, pronghorn antelope, black bear, and other desert fauna in different habitats.
- Atlantic Cooperative Wildlife Ecology Research Network: Regional research network focused on wildlife ecology in the marine, coastal and terrestrial ecosystems of Atlantic Canada.
- Australian Wildlife: The site, updated regularly, provides current information about Australian wildlife including well-researched articles, the latest news in the papers and scientific press, and reviews of recent books and CD's. Topical issues are thrown open for input from visitors and questions about any aspect of Australian are answered.
- Bear Research, Education, and Conservation Program, Washington State University: Mission statement, description and photos of research activities, donor information, and other topics.
- California Inland Invertebrate Work Group (CaIIWG): The CaIIWG is a `group` of individuals from the academic, public, private, and regulatory sectors whose purpose is to foster communication of technical information related to the ecology, distribution, and management of California's inland invertebrates.
- Common Ground: The Case of Seasonally Inundated Cropland: A cost effective way to provide more waterfowl migration habitat may be to use seasonally inundated cropland for this purpose. The seasonal strategy could provide habitat for geese and ducks during the spring and fall migration periods, and the land could be farmed during the cropping season.
- Deer Management Advisory Service: Information on deer management in Scotland.
- Delta Waterfowl Foundation: Delta is an independent, non-profit, waterfowl conservation organization. Delta's mission is to promote sustainable waterfowl populations for the enjoyment of future generations.
- Disease Ecology: A forum for the discussion of the population ecology of disease in wildlife.
- Ecology and Conservation of the Carnivore Community in a Tropical Dry Forest of Mexico: An intensive study of this component of the forest's biodiversity, including jaguars (Panthera onca), pumas (Puma concolor), ocelots (Leopardus pardalis), and pygmy skunks (Spilogale pygmaea).
- Elephant Satellite Tracking in Malaysia: One of the tasks handled is to help landowners reduce crop damage caused by wildlife. Elephants can cause great damage to plantations. To reduce that damage, DWNP has developed an elephant trans-location program.
- Environmental-Studies.de: Includes information about worldwide GPS tracking research projects on wildlife.
- K-State Research and Extension Library: Wildlife Management Library: Publications and videos on management and control of nuisance animals and birds; also information on desireable wildlife and fish farming.
- Managing African Elephant Populations: Discusses the problem of increasing elephant populations in some parts of Africa and gives the results of a recent expert consultation on control of wild elephant populations.
- Millennium Wildlife Sciences: Promotes non-lethal wildlife management. Information about the Black Bear Sterilization Project, mission statement, contact information, and donation form.
- National Wildlife Refuge System: Detailed information on all aspects of refuge management in the USA. (US Fish & Wildlife Service)
- North American Amphibian Monitoring Program: Seeking volunteers around the country to assist in gathering data on salamanders and frogs. Part of the DAPTF (Declining Amphibian Populations Task Force).
- Olympia Forest Science Laboratory - Wildlife Ecology Team: Their research focuses on ecology, management, and conservation of sensitive wildlife species.
- Predation Politics: Conditioned taste aversion (CTA) and its uses in wildlife management problems.
- Predator Project: Saving a Place for America's Predators: Predator protection, wildland protection, grassroots advocacy, non-profit organization located in Bozeman, Montana.
- Program for the Conservation of Arctic flora and Fauna: Established to address the special needs of Arctic species and their habitats in the rapidly developing Arctic region. It forms a program of the Arctic Environmental Protection Strategy (AEPS).
- Redwood Sciences Laboratory Wildlife Research Publications: Papers from the Pacific Southwest Research Station of the USDA Forest Service.
- Resource Development-Wildlife: Links to relevant resources on the impact and mitigation of human activities on wildlife. From the Department of Renewable Resources, University of Alberta.
- The Spotting Scope Newsletter: Information on new developments in nongame wildlife in Michigan (USA).
- The WILD Foundation: The International Wilderness Leadership (WILD) Foundation supports the protection and appropriate use of critical wilderness areas, wildland values and endangered wildlife throughout the world.
- Time, points and space: Analysis of wildlife data in GIS: Dissertation by Stephan Imfeld (Universität Zürich).
- Traditional Ecological Knowledge of Beluga Whales: A system of understanding one's environment. It is built over generations, as people depend on the land and sea for their food, materials, and culture.
- Western Section of The Wildlife Society: Group of professionals in all areas of wildlife ecology, conservation, and management from California, Nevada, Hawaii, and the Pacific Islands.
- Wildlife Ecology: Study of the distribution and reproductive status of grassland birds with respect to condition of grassland habitat in Virginia.
- Wildlife Research: A journal for publication on all aspects of conservation and management of wild vertebrates.