Search Home : Science : Biology : Evolution
- Science and Creationism: Considers the science that supports the theory of evolution - from the National Academy of Sciences.
- The Talk.Origins Archive: Evolution FAQs: A very informative site about biology and evolutionary theory.
- 29 Evidences for Macroevolution: The Scientific Case for Common Descent: This article directly addresses the scientific evidences in favor of macroevolutionary theory and common descent.
- A Post-Darwinian Probabilistic Model: A probabilistic model of biological evolution with a new interpretation of Darwinian natural selection and 3 examples: 1) 5 mass extinctions 2) hominization 3) the PO2PAL increase.
- Alec's Evolution Pages with scientific evidence for evolution: Essays, articles, resources and links presenting scientific evidence for evolution and refuting creationist arguments. Demonstrates fallacies of Young Earth Creationism and Intelligent Design.
- Articles on Evolution: From the archives of the Boston Review.
- Beliefs of U.S. Public About Evolution and Creation: Presents and discusses the results of polls (from Gallup, About.com, and other sources) of various economic, educational, and religious groups about evolution and creation.
- Essays on Evolution: Essays on dinosaur origin and extinction, bird origin and flight, and human origin.
- European Society for Evolutionary Biology: The Society aims promotes evolutionary research in a wide sense. It publishes the Journal of Evolutionary Biology, and organizes a conference every other year.
- Evolution Happens!: Information about biological evolution in a Q&A format. Explains why creation science is not science. Includes photographs and many links.
- Evolution Update: A tool for academic research in evolutionary biology and its associated controversies.
- Evolution by Natural Selection: An introduction to how the appearance of design in the living world arose from a mindless process.
- Evolution of Evolvability: This paper shows how evolution tunes the content and frequency of genetic variation to enhance its evolvability, organising genetic systems into hierarchies. Genetic evolution is neither random nor blind.
- Evolution's Arrow: Web version of a book written by John Stewart about the direction of evolution and the future of humanity.
- Evolution: Darwin: Supporting material for the "Evolution" TV series. Includes informative activities.
- Hans-Cees Speel's Homepage: The Evolution and Philosophy section discusses evolution in biology, philosophy, artificial intelligence, and memetics.
- Introduction to Phylogeny: University of California Museum of Paleontology virtual exhibit explores the relationship of phylogeny and evolution.
- National Association for Objectivity in Science about Evolution: Promotes teaching of critical thinking about the theory of evolution.
- Nearctica - Evolution: Extensive annotated collection of links on the process of evolution.
- On the Origin and Impact of Information in the Average Evolution: Paper on the relationship between information and the process of evolution.
- Origin of Life: Prebiotic Synthesis of Amino Acids: Two articles discussing chemical evolution in light of the Zeeman effect and the lightning cloud experiments of Stanley Miller.
- Radiation of the First Animals: Illustrated lecture transcript by Dr. Jere Lipps. Discussion of the evolutionary record of the pre-Cambrian period and the Cambrian explosion, including the traces and impacts of non-skeletal life forms.
- Replicators: Evolutionary Powerhouses: Extensive and interactive educational `resource` providing information on biological and cultural evolution, language development, and philosophy.
- Scientific American: 15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense: Review and critique of popular arguments against the theory of evolution by natural selection.
- Songbird Shows How Evolution Works: BBC News article about study on Himalayan songbirds that suggests how one species can evolve into two.
- The Evolution Education Wiki: An Evolution Encyclopedia and FAQ compiled by users of the site.
- The Evolution Evidence Page: A collection of articles about evolution, most of which deal primarily with human evolution, from a variety of sources. They include discussion of the anatomical, fossil and genetic evidence.
- The Evolution Page: Provides background to the evolution debate, links and an outline of a new model for large scale changes.
- The Evolutionary Tales: Recasting of Chaucer's "The Canterbury Tales" to present evolutionary theory and the pseudoscientific nature of "creation science" by Ronald L. Ecker. Full text available online.
- Triumph of Life: Companion to PBS series on evolution. Features essays, video clips, and special interactive features that explore the story of life on Earth.
- Vertebrate Flight Exhibit: Explores the physics of vertebrate flight, with particular emphasis on its origins and evolution.
This category in other languages: