Search Home : Science : Biology : Genetics : Eukaryotic : Animal : Mammal : Human
- Genome Machine: Provide a graphical user interface to genetic databases to determine what genes have been mapped to a particular chromosome location. From the University of Washington.
- Primer on Molecular Genetics: Description of the basic strategy and methodology for mapping and sequencing the human genome. From the Department of Energy.
- BBC: Human Genome Project: Transcript of a discussion with David Baltimore, John Sulston and David Bentley about the project.
- Cytogenetics Information Site: Study of chromosomes and the diseases caused by numerical and structural chromosome abnormalities. Karyotypes and FISH images of normal and abnormal chromosomes are included.
- DOE Human Genome Program: Supports research projects at universities, the DOE Joint Genome Institute, DOE-owned national laboratories, and other research organizations.
- Deoxyribonucleic Acid: Learn about the structure of DNA, how it replicates, protein synthesis and its history.
- Did Human Genome Map Vindicate Darwin?: Evolutionists have claimed that the Human Genome Map has proved man evolved from lower animals. Is this fact or fiction? Response from the Institute for Creation Research.
- Genetic Health: Background on genetics, genetic aspects of specific conditions and diseases, counseling and testing, and clinical trials.
- How Designer Children Will Work: Illustrated narrative about the idea of designing babies . Includes mapping the human genome and genetic prescreening
- Human Chromosome Launchpad: Information about each human chromosome. Features links to gene maps, sequences, genetic disorders, identified genes, laboratories, and research.
- Human Genetics Programme: World Health Organization program which develops genetic approaches to the control of the most common hereditary diseases and those with a genetic predisposition.
- Human Genome Center: Undertake sequencing of genomic regions containing DNA repair genes and human chromosome 19. Features information on research and a chromosome map. Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.
- Human Genome Mapping Project Resource Centre: Provides resources for research workers in the fields of genomics, genetics and functional genomics. Funded by the United Kingdom Medical Research Council.
- Human Genome Project: Information about the Project, its progress, history, and goals; issues associated with genome research; frequently asked questions, the science behind the project; and Project sponsors.
- Innovation: A companion piece to the PBS series. Features the latest biomedical and genetical treatments and research. Contains original articles and animations.
- International Communication Forum in Human Molecular Genetics.: Features a mailing list, table of contents of leading journals, listings of meetings and seminars and a classified ads section .
- National Center for Genome Resources: Develop bioinformatics and computational biology tools to support genetic analysis and discovery. Features scientific programs, software, and career opportunities.
- Neutral Fixation of Alleles: Essay on key concepts and basic formulae describing the fixing of alleles in the human population over time. Aimed at assisting informed amateurs to read and critique molecular genetic evolution papers.
- The Dolan DNA Learning Center: A wide variety of online DNA resources as well as information on workshops, field trips, courses and products.
- The Greatest Biological Development in Science History: Article about the human genome and its discovery. Includes diagram of the biological Rosetta Stone and a table of human genome statistics.
- The Human Genome: Eighth grade exhibition project providing an introduction with diagrams. Includes information on genetic mutations, gene testing and therapy, and related links.
- eGenome: Catalogs a wide range of genomic landmarks, including transcripts, markers, polymorphisms, large-insert clones, and DNA sequences.
This category in other languages: