Search Home : Science : Biology : Microbiology : Publications : Journals
- ASM's Homepage: Comprehensive `resource` for a wide range of microbiology information. Search and access ASM journals also.
- Anaerobe: This multi-disciplinary journal provides a unique forum for research on the biology of anaerobic microorganisms. It focuses on life processes in strict anaerobes and anaerobic activities of facultative or microaerophilic bacteria, fungi, and protozoa.
- Applied and Environmental Microbiology: American Society for Microbiology journal specialising in environmental/food microbiology and general applied microbiology.
- Archaea, Home Page: The International microbiological journal devoted to original research on the Archaea.
- Chromogenic Assays: The first on-line journal about chromogenic and fluorogenic assays in microbiology. The use of chromogenic culture media in microbiology
- Current Issues in Intestinal Microbiology: Publishes review papers in all areas of intestinal microbiology pertaining to human and other animal systems, including: microbial ecology, pathogenic organisms, probiotics and prebiotics.
- Current Microbiology: Topics included topics are general, medical, and applied microbiology and virology and span the disciplines of physiology, biochemistry, genetics, biotechnology, morphology, taxonomy, diagnostic methods, and immunology as applied to microorganisms.
- Enzyme and Microbial Technology: Publishing original research and reviews on basic and applied aspects of the use of enzymes and microorganisms, including bacteria, fungi, algae, yeasts, protozoa, viruses, animal and plant cells.
- Eukaryotic Cell: bimonthly journal that commenced publication in February 2002 in both print and online formats, presents reports of basic research on simple eukaryotic microorganisms such as yeasts, fungi, algae, protozoa, and social amoebae.
- FEMS Microbiology: FEMS publishes five journals in the field of microbiology. The latest addition being FEMS Yeast Research. The website provides access to pre-print articles (articles in press) and final full text.
- Food Microbiology: Articles and news dealing with all aspects of the microbiology of foods.
- Helminthological Abstracts: Covering taxonomy, biology, pathology, immunology, diagnosis, epidemiology, treatment and control of all helminths (Monogenea, Aspidogastrea, Digenea, Cestoda, Acanthocephala, Nematoda)
- Hygiene-Aktuell: Information about hygiene and microbiology, the first on-line journal in Austria
- Infection and Immunity: American Society for Microbiology journal covering all aspects of infectious disease plus clinical immunology
- Infection, Genetics and Evolution: Infection, Genetics and Evolution is a scientific journal with a focus on molecular epidemiology and evolutionary genetics in infectious diseases (Meegid). The journal is supported by the new Meegid society.
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology: provides articles on systematics of bacteria, yeasts and yeast-like organisms, including taxonomy, nomenclature, identification, phylogeny, evolution, biodiversity, characterization and culture preservation.
- International Microbiology: The official Journal of the Spanish Society for Microbiology. The fields covered include microorganisms, microbial biology (physiology, ecology, morphology, taxonomy, genetics, pathogenesis) and microbial applications (environmental, soil, industrial, food, medical microbiology, biodeterioration, bioremediation, biotechnology).
- Journal of Applied Microbiology: Papers on all aspects of applied microbiology including environmental, food, agricultural, medical, pharmaceutical, veterinary, taxonomy, soil, systematics, water and biodeterioration.
- Journal of Bacteriology: American Society of Microbiology journal covering all aspects of bacteriology
- Journal of Basic Microbiology: The journal publishes results of fundamental research on procariotic and eucariotic microorganisms. Particular consideration is given to papers dealing with general aspects of microbial physiology, biochemistry, cytology, genetics, ecology, taxonomy, virology and biotechnology.
- Journal of Clinical Microbiology: Publishes current research on the microbiological aspects of human and animal infections and infestations, with emphasis on their etiologic agents, diagnosis, and epidemiology. Instructions for authors and reviewers, lists of articles from recent issues.
- Journal of Medical Microbiology: Journal of the Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Covers medical, dental and veterinary microbiology and infective diseases, including bacteriology, virology, parasitology, and mycology.
- Journal of Microbiological Methods: The only journal in microbiology dedicated exclusively to methodology and protocols, covers all disciplines including genomics, proteomics and micro-array technology. Free full text to special issues.
- Journal of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology: Journal of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology is a peer-reviewed journal from Horizon Scientific Press.
- Journal of Virology: American Society for Microbiology journal which covers all aspects of virology
- MedBioWorld: 150 direct links to microbiology journals.
- Microbial Pathogenesis: This journal publishes original contributions, mini-reviews, and notes on molecular and cellular mechanisms in infectious disease. It covers infectious agents of bacterial, fungal, viral, and protozoal origin.
- Microbiology and Molecular Biology Reviews: Formerly Microbiological Reviews, this journal continues to be recognized as the definitive, broad-based review journal in the expanding disciplines of microbiology, immunology, and molecular and cellular biology. Fulltext articles accessible for free after one year
- Molecular Microbiology Aims and Scope: This site provides, original research and review articles reporting new developments in the genetics, molecular biology and biochemistry of prokaryotic and eukaryotic microorganisms, and covers the most important advances in bacterial pathogenicity.
- NewsRx Report Series on Bacteriology Diagnosis Research: Get the latest information and news on Bacteriology Diagnosis Research with NewsRx.net's series of monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports.
- NewsRx Report Series on Bacteriology Genomics and Genetics Research: Get the latest information and news on Bacteriology Genomics and Genetics Research with NewsRx.net's series of monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports.
- NewsRx Report Series on Bacteriology Therapy Research: Get the latest information and news on Bacteriology Therapy Research with NewsRx.net's series of monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports.
- NewsRx Report Series on Infectious Disease Pathogenesis Research: Get the latest information and news on Infectious Disease Pathogenesis Research with NewsRx.net's series of monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports.
- Parasitology: It publishes original papers on all aspects of parasitology and host-parasite relationships in the context of the medical, veterinary and biological sciences.
- Parasitology Online: Portal providing the parasitology and tropical medicine community access to the full text of all major parasitology journals in the field. Also provides conference calendar, protocols, and news.
- The Journal of Eukaryotic Microbiology: Published bi-monthly by the Society of Protozoologists, publishes original research on protists, including lower algae and fungi. Subscription information, instructions for authors and reviewers, and abstracts from recent volumes.