Search Home : Science : Biology : Microbiology : Virology
- All the Virology on the WWW: Comprehensive links to virology information, collection of virus pictures, virology bookshop, jobs, and course notes.
- A New Germ Theory: The dictates of evolution virtually demand that the causes of some of humanity's chronic and most baffling "noninfectious" illnesses will turn out to be pathogens -- that is the radical view of a prominent evolutionary biologist.
- Academic Info: Microbiology and Virology: An annotated directory of Internet resources on microbiology and virology, including gateways to medical microbiology, HIV, AIDS, E. coli, and Ebola information.
- American Society for Virology: A forum for investigators of human, animal, insect, plant, fungal, and bacterial viruses, whether the research involves clinical, ecological, biological, or biochemical approaches.
- Animal Viruses: A basic guide to animal, plant, and bacterial viruses. Information on the structure and genetic material.
- Baculovirus.com: Technical knowledge, information, newsgroup, helpful in using the Baculovirus expression vector system and insect cell expression.
- Chicken Flu - Recombinant Genes on the Loose: Information regarding viral genes, replication, and strain evolution.
- Electron Microscopic Virus Diagnosis: Principles of electron microscopy to detect and diagnose viruses.
- GeneJohnson Inc.: HIV genomic data storage and analysis systems. HIVBase allows one to organize HIV sequence data, perform complex statistical analysis, and collaborate data all in one program.
- HIV Sequence Database: Collection HIV and related genetic sequence data and computer analyses - from the Los Alamos Natl. Lab.
- Hepadnavirus Testing, Inc.: The site describes the services provided by Hepadnavirus Testing, Inc., which uses HBV and DHBV to evaluate disinfectants, inactivation processes, and antiviral drugs for the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries.
- Hidden Killers--Deadly Viruses: Basics about viruses, our bodies' immune systems, information about specific viruses, and how these 'hidden killers' could potentially be used as bio-weapons. There are also weekly/bi-weekly feature articles on various facets that involve viruses.
- Introduction To Molecular Virology: Prepared by Virologist Ed Rybicki of the Department of Microbiology at the University of Cape Town, South Africa.
- Journal of General Virology: Archive of downloadable PDF virus journals.
- Medical Virology: Scientific findings, clinical therapies research, and public health aspects on viruses of medical importance.
- Multiplex EU-project: Development, standardisation and harmonisation of novel multiplex nucleic acid tests for the detection of economically important viruses of farm animals.
- Paramyxoviruses: Taxonomy, morphology, and pathogenesis of a paramyxovirus.
- Peixuan Guo: Research on mechanism of viral assembly, DNA packaging, molecular vaccines, antiviral therapy, gene delivery, and chimerical virus displaying antigens or antibodies.
- Phytovirology & Biotechnology Laboratory: Viral diagnostics, identification, and interaction with plant organisms.
- Plant Virology: Introduction to virus structure, transmission, and transport.
- Plant Virus GenBank: Journals, genomes, and sequences of plant viruses.
- Poxvirus Bioinformatics Resource: The Poxvirus Bioinformatics Resource Center has been established to provide resources to the scientific community for basic research and to facilitate the development of novel antiviral therapies and vaccines against human orthopoxvirus infections as well as approaches for environmental detection of virions and the rapid diagnosis of disease.
- Przyrodnik: Reproduction, family, and profiles of viruses. Includes links to image databases and publications.
- Seminars in Virology: Review journal dedicated to keeping scientists informed of developments in the field of virology on a topic by topic basis.
- The Big Picture Book of Viruses: Catalog of virus pictures and educational resources, including collection of Virology Courses and Tutorials - from Tulane Univ.
- The Garry Laboratory: Information about research in the laboratory of Robert F. Garry at Tulane University School of Medicine. Includes links to publications and external sites.
- The Journal of Virology Online: Online version of the Journal of Virology, the premier journal for peer-reviewed papers on virology research.
- The Molecules of HIV: The life cycle, immune response, and schematic diagram of the human immuno-deficiency virus.
- The Phage Phorum: A place to find general information regarding biophages and an open discussion of topics related to biophages.
- UK Clinical Virology Network: News, clinical tests, and current viruses in circulation.
- Veterinary Virology: Lecture presentation on the replication of viruses within animals cells.
- Viper - Virus Particle Explorer: Descriptions of icosahedral virus capsid structures, along with structural and computational analysis.
- Viral Replication: The attachment, entry, and expression of viral genomic material in host cells.
- Viral Replication: Description of the hepatitis virus replication process.
- Virology: This journal publishes the results of basic research in all branches of virology, including the viruses of vertebrates and invertebrates, plants, bacteria, and yeasts/fungi.
- Virology Down Under: An Australian based portal and educational site providing links and info on human viruses and related areas of science.
- Virus Databases Online: A comprehensive index of viruses. Includes detailed descriptions on many viruses. It is also called The International Viral Database as approved by the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses.
- Virus International: A directory of resources, literature, societies and events concerning viruses provided by Elsevier Science.
- Virus Ultrastructure: This page is designed primarily as an introductory manual for students of virology,but anyone who is interested is invited to take a brief "peep" at some of the inhabitants of the microbial Lilliput Land.
- Virusys Corporation: Specialists in the design and manufacture of virus related antibodies and antigens. A full range of laboratory services is available that includes infectious dose determination, viral protein purification and custom antibody production.
- Wadsworth Center - New York State Department of Health: Information and images regarding; Rabies virus, Herpes virus, Enteroviruses, Norwalk virus, Human Parvovirus B19 and Rotavirus.
- What the Heck is a Virus?: Information on the appearance, activity, and protection against common virions.