Search Home : Science : Biology : Microbiology
- Access Excellence: A great place for biology science teachers. Contains current science news items, teachers exchange, hundreds of science labs and educational resources.
- Active Learning Centre- Microbiology: Test your microbiology knowledge at this site. It also contains basic descriptions of various microorganisms.
- Affliated Medical Services Laboratory, Inc.: AMS (Affliated Medical Services Laboratory, Inc.) is a regional clinical reference laboratory serving physicians, clinics, hospitals, government and industry. Specialties include cytology, microbiology, hematology, chemistry, drug screening and toxicology.
- Alain filloux website: Alain Filloux Lab's Website
- ArchaeaWeb: The aim of the site is to collect together all sources of information concerning archaea and extremophiles on the WWW.
- Bacteria Animal Symbiosis Site: Symbiotic interactions between bacteria and animals are described with pictures and links to home pages of researchers and to publications
- Bugs in the News: John (Jack) C. Brown from the University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas has created great microbiology site. It contains a "What the Heck is...?", a general interest, and other bug bytes sections. Good information.
- CELLS Alive!: Good general microbiology information, with images and videos.
- EPA Microbiology Page: This site contains microbiology-related information that has been developed by the Environmental Protection Agency. Image gallery of various parasites and viruses.
- Grapes of Staph: Doc Kaiser's Microbiology: Dr. Kaiser's microbiology course and laboratory manual are features to help anyone wanting to know more about microbes.
- Luminescent Bacteria: Do you know that the luminous bacteria exist ? On these pages you will find short characteristic of these strange organisms and some photos.
- Lyme Disease Foundation: Includes details about the organization, diseases, ticks, education, journals, conferences, research, vaccines and personal stories. Offers upcoming events, news and a support `group` locator.
- Medical Microbiology: A website containing information on the microorganisms that cause diseases in humans. Lecture notes, laboratory notebook, computerized clinical cases, and most common causes of infectious diseases file.
- Micro*scope: A source of educational information about micro-organisms (bacteria, algae, protozoa and other protists). Includes classifications, images, descriptions of organisms, and Lucid guides.
- MicroAngela's Electron Microscope Image Gallery: Annotated and colorized images of insects and bacteria.
- MicroWeb: A medical microbiology/infectious diseases site produced by Mount Sinai Hospital and Toronto Medical Laboratories. It contains current infectious disease news, a mycology image gallery, bug of the month, tech teasers, and an online lab manual.
- Microbes.info: This site links to an enormous amount of microbiology articles and information.
- Microbeworld: Your Gateway to the World of Microbes: A place to view colorful images of microbes, read intriguing microbial facts and trivia, get educational resources and activities, and learn more about these fascinating microscopic creatures.
- Microbiology & Public Health: This website contains information on public health, infectious disease profiles, mycology, virology, parasitology, mycobacteriology, bacteriology and environmental health.
- Microbiology 101/102: Dr. Hurlbert's excellent Microbiology website is back. This site contains an enormous amount of information for people interested in learning about Microbiology.
- Microbiology 1020: Jerome Knutson, University of Minnisota Crookston, has created a good introductory Microbiology course.
- Microbiology Webbed Out: Timothy Paustian from the University of Wisconsin-Madison has created an excellent microbiology textbook.
- Microbiology and Immunology Online: Dr. Richard Hunt and his colleagues at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine have created an excellent Medical Microbiology and Immunology website.
- NIH: Grants & Funding Opportunities: Grants and Funding Opportunities at the National Institutes of Health
- Name that Bug!: A fun bacterial identification exercise.
- National Center for Infectious Diseases: NCID conducts surveillance, epidemic investigations, epidemiological & laboratory research, training, and public education programs to develop, evaluate, & promote prevention and control strategies for infectious diseases - division of Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC).
- Plague Wars: A Frontline/PBS collaborative that details how viruses and bacteria have been developed/used as bioweapons and the history of bioweapons.
- Ron's Pond Scum: Microscopic images of fresh water microlife. Images and descriptive text not limited to Paramecium, Amoeba, Stentor, Vorticella or Daphnia.
- Salmonellosis and its laboratory diagnosis: Salmonellosis and its laboratory diagnosis: Complete description of salmonella infections, isolation of salmonella typhi in laboratory, laboratory diagnosis of typhoid fever. --Dr. Avinash Abhyankar.
- Suite101.com: Microbiology: A site containing monthly articles on microbiology topics without all the scientific jargon. Many links to sites with good content and discussions on various topics in microbiology.
- Tetracycline and MLS antibiotic Nomenclature: Latest information on the Tetracycline and Macrolide-Lincosamide-Streptogramin (MLS) antibiotic resistance genes and their structure.
- The FDA Bad Bug page: The U.S. Food and Drug Administration's handbook which provides basic facts regarding foodborne pathogenic microorganisms and natural toxins. Good information and a lot of good content.
- The MicrobeLibrary.org: Contains visual and curricular resources of use to teachers of microbiology.
- The Microbiology Network: Links to users' groups on the WWW, mail lists, forums, and file libraries. Major areas of interest are regulatory microbiology in the pharmaceutical, food, and personal care industries.
- Virtual Museum of Bacteria: The museum provides information for the general public on all aspects of bacteria with integrated hyperlinks to >250 relevant sites. Annotated lists of links are also provided for professional microbiologists
This category in other languages: