Search Home : Science : Biology : Publications : Journals
- Annales Zoologici Fennici and Annales Botanici Fennici: Scientific journals published by the Finnish Zoological and Botanical Publishing Board.
- BioInformer: Newsletter on bioinformatics research, services, and developments at the European Bioinformatics Institute and elsewhere.
- BioMed Central: An online journal that publishes peer-reviewed research across all areas of biology and medicine with free access, plus commentary, reviews, collaboration tools, and database links.
- BioOne Journals: Abstracts (free) and full-texts (subscription required) of more than 50 peer-reviewed bioscience research journals, mostly published by small societies and non-commercial publishers, that formerly had been available only in printed form.
- BioScience Links: Journals: List of biological journals from BioScience Lins: biochemistry, biotechnology, botany, molecular biology, microbiology, plant physiology, ecology.
- BioScience Research Tool: Journals: Excellent specialized directory of online tools and resources, "selected by BioScientists for BioScientists".
- BioSystems: Publishes experimental, computational, and theoretical articles that link biology, evolutionary thinking, and the information processing sciences.
- Bioline International: An electronic publishing service for bioscientists. In collaboration with publishers, editors and authors, it distributes peer-reviewed journals from around the world, plus reports, newsletters, and books in many scientific domains.
- Biological Bulletin: Experimental research on the full range of biological topics and organisms, published since 1897 by the Marine Biological Laboratory. Includes online archives and email alerts.
- Biological Journal of the Linnean Society: The oldest biological journal in the world, principally concerned with the process of organic evolution, though papers are also published in the general fields of theoretical, genetic, and population biology.
- Biological Procedures Online: Methods and techniques in the biological and biomedical sciences. Peer-reviewed with free access.
- Biological Reviews: Covers the entire range of the biological sciences, presenting several review articles per issue.
- Biologicals: A modern and multidisciplinary international forum for news, debate, and original research on all aspects of biologicals used in human and veterinary medicine.
- Biometrical Journal: International journal for mathematical and statistical methods used in biological sciences.
- Bulletin of Moscow Society of Naturalists: Published since 1829, mainly publishes studies of the flora and fauna of Russia. Site has tables of contents and English summaries.
- Cambridge University Press Biology Journals: Information, tables of contents, abstracts, and pdf articles for Biological Reviews, with links to over 100 other journals.
- Current Protocols: Online `resource` for respected publications on laboratory methods in human genetics, nucleic acid chemistry, immunology, toxicology, and molecular biology.
- Development: Primary research journal providing an insight into mechanisms of plant and animal development, covering all aspects from molecular and cellular to tissue levels. Published by The Company of Biologists Limited.
- Evolutionary Ecology Research: Professional scientific journal focusing on the overlap between ecology and evolution. Tables of contents, subscription information, instructions to authors, editor profiles, and related content.
- Experimental Biology Online: Aims to provide a medium for rapid, readable, refereed and rigorous short, topical research papers in the general field of experimental biology in its broadest sense, ranging from the molecular and cellular boundaries in cell and plant biology to the integrative study of whole organism including the experimental analysis of behaviour.
- Expert Reviews in Molecular Medicine: An expanding collection of review articles written by international experts for a multidisciplinary audience. Accompanying the articles are animations and databases of links and glossary terms. It is published by Cambridge University Press in association with the Clinical & Biomedical Computing Unit of Cambridge Clinical School.
- Frontiers in Bioscience: Internet forum for scientific communication. Peer-reviewed. Free to view the journals on-line. Fast/reliable process to publication.
- Genamics JournalSeek: A comprehensive and fully-searchable database of biology journals which are available (in whole or in part) through the internet.
- HMS Beagle: An award winning internet magazine with up-to-date information on every front of biological sciences. Full access requires free registration.
- Issues in Science and Technology: An online journal for discussion of public policy related to the interactions of science, engineering, and medicine with society - from the National Academy of Sciences.
- Journal of Ethnobiology: Original research in ethnobiology (ethnobotany, ethnozoology) including: folk biological classification/nomenclature, traditional environmental knowledge, ethnoecology, indigenous natural `resource` management, plant/animal domestication, zooarchaeology, archaeological botany, and medical/nutritional ethnobiology.
- Journal of Experimental Biology: A leading journal in comparative animal physiology. Published by The Company of Biologists Limited.
- Journal of the Marine Biological Association of the United Kingdom: An international journal publishing original research on all aspects of marine biology.
- MedBioWorld's Bioscience Journals: Comprehensive bioscience journal directory site.
- Medbioworld's Biochemistry Journals: Links to biochemistry, biophysics, cell, and molecular biology journals.
- Medline Workbench: Daily updated web portal featuring titles & links to key recent research articles (many of which are password-protected, unfortunately) - from the Cold Spring Harbor Lab.
- Methods: Focuses on rapidly developing techniques in the experimental biological and medical sciences.
- Molecular Biology Today: An online journal in molecular biology.
- Molecular Vision: a peer-reviewed journal dedicated to the dissemination of research results in molecular biology, cell biology, and the genetics of the visual system (ocular and cortical). Access to the articles and services (search engine and announcement list) of the journal are free of charge. Molecular Vision is indexed by the National Library of Medicine, BIOSIS, and the Chemical Abstracts Service.
- Nature: An international journal, published weekly, with original, groundbreaking research spanning all of the scientific disciplines.
- Nature Publishing Group: Catalogue of journals and science resources, including the journal Nature. Publishes science news and articles across a wide range of scientific fields.
- Nature.com - Molecular Cell Biology: Nature Publishing Group resources in the field of molecular cell biology.
- PEST CABweb: Journals on entomology, nematology, plant pathology, biological control, weed science, and other aspects of pest management.
- PubMed: National Library of Medicine's search service that provides access to over 10 million citations in MEDLINE, PreMEDLINE, and other related databases, with links to participating online journals.
- The Internet Directory of Publications: Science/Biology: An online directory containing bibliographic information on numerous serials and periodicals.
- The Scientist: Weekly E-magazine for Life Scientists with original content pertaining to research and biotech products.