Search Home : Science : Biology : Reference
- AllExperts Biology Q&A: Directory of scientists and scholars volunteering to answer questions in a variety of biological fields.
- Amino Acid Repository: Properties and images of amino acids, hydrophobicity scales, solvent accessibility of amino acids in known protein structures, mutation mass shifts, links to the NIST Chemistry WebBook for Amino Acids.
- Arctic Theme Page: Arctic sea ice ecology, organisms from bacteria, viruses, and unicellular algae to mammals (polar bears, reindeer, fox, whales) text, maps and photographs (current and historical). NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) site provides access to widely distributed Arctic data and information for scientists, managers, decision makers and the general public on one of the last remaining frontiers.
- BIOSIS: A not-for-profit organization serving the life science community by providing researchers, students, and librarians with references to research published around the world.
- BelgoBiotech: Educational biotech web site, selected links, biotech glossary, timeline, basic principles, and applications.
- BioABACUS: Biotechnology ABbreviation and ACronym Uncovering Service - Searchable database of biotechnology and bioinformatics abbreviations and acronyms for biological and computer science terminology, journals, and organizations (about 6000 terms).
- BioBencHelper: Categorized links to biotechnology databases, tools and software, techniques, small molecules, nucleic acids, proteins (including "hot" proteins), online journals, nomenclature and companies.
- BioLink: Links to about 30 web sites on biochemistry, cells, genetics, evolution, plants, animals, human anatomy, and ecology.
- BioReference: Unannotated links to 16 online biology books, 19 annual review titles, about 70 individual journal titles, and 4 knockout mice databases.
- BioScience WebRing: Ring of biological scientists devoted to increasing traffic to their sites and helping internet users find sites of interest by providing useful links.
- BioTech's Life Science Dictionary: Definitions for over 8300 terms associated with genetics, biochemistry, biotechnology, botany, chemistry, ecology, limnology, pharmacology, toxicology and medicine.
- Bioinformatics Glossary: Alphabetical listing of terms defined related to gene sequencing, informatics and applied molecular biology.
- Bioinformatics.ca: resource directory features curated links to molecular resources, tools and databases.
- Biology Glossary: Definitions for about 400 biotechnology terms, from Bio-Informer software.
- Biology Online: Dictionary, links and tutorials on cell biology, genetics, genetics and evolution, control of growth and development, regulation of biological systems, adaptation and freshwater ecology.
- Cell and Molecular Biology Online: An all-around reference site for the field with educational, technical, and professional net resources.
- Classic/obscure Science Texts The Book Page: Classic - obscure antiquarian science texts 19th and 20th century: Darwin's Voyage of the Beagle,Thomas Huxley's Lectures on Evolution, George Grant McCurdy, John Tyndall Lectures on Light, Alfred Russel Wallace, Erwin Schrodinger's What is Life?, EW Maunder's Are the Planets Inhabited? JBS Haldane's Daedalus, Bertrand Russell's Icarus, William Paley's Natural Theology
- Community of Science: Network of scientists and their institutions geared toward publicizing research, collaboration, & funding opportunities - from Johns Hopkins Univ.
- Functional Genomics: All inclusive areas of functional genomics including analysis of mutagenesis and gene disruption, proteomics, microarrys, bioinformatics, SNP analysis, expression profiling, mutations detection, structural genomics,in silico methods, standardisation and benchmarking, data management and ontologies, and integration of data. Sponsored by the European Science Foundation
- Functional Genomics Resources: Glossaries in genetics and genomics, molecular biology and biochemistry, post-genomics, biotechnology and bioinformatics (including proteomics)and medical genomics from Science Magazine Online.
- GenBank: Text and similarity searching of the GenBank sequence database provided by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI).
- Genomics Glossaries: Genomic terminology defined and hierarchically related, from Cambridge Healthtech Institute. Emphasis is on biotechnology and pharmaceutical applications, proteomics, informatics, technologies, instrumentation and molecular biology.
- Glossary of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering: Food and Agriculture Organization (UN)'s consolidated yet comprehensive list of terms and acronyms in applied biotechnology, especially plant and animal genetic resources,food quality and plant protection. About 5000 terms.
- Institute for Scientific Information: Publishes scholarly research databases, including Current Contents, in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities. Online access is available for most publications, usually by subscription.
- Life Science Glossary: Glossary of genetic, molecular, cell and developmental biology definitions.
- MEDLINE: Direct, public access to the NLM's MEDLINE Biomedical Literature Search Engine through the NCBI.
- Model Organisms WWW Virtual Library: Guide to web resources for all major model organisms, including Drosophila (fly), C. elegans (worm), mouse, zebrafish, E. coli, Dictylostelium, and Arabidopsis.
- Pedro's BioMolecular Research Tools: Directory of useful information and services for the molecular biologist.
- Science Advisory Board: Online panel of 5,000 life scientists and physicians who convene electronically to voice their opinions on emerging technologies.
- Spellex Biotech: Biotechnology spell checking software for spelling words in the bioscience field: molecular biology, biomedicine, microbiology, biochemistry for Microsoft Word, Wordperfect and Lotus.
- Table of Standard Genetic Code: Translation table of nucleotide codon sequences to amino acids.
- The SNP Consortium Ltd.: A non-profit foundation organized to develop up to 300,000 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) distributed evenly throughout the human genome and to make the information related to these SNPs available to the public without intellectual property restrictions.
- Virtual Library: Biosciences: Directory of the Virtual Library, an expert-run catalog of sections of the web.
This category in other languages: