Search Home : Science : Biology : Taxonomy
- American Society of Plant Taxonomists: Promotes research and teaching in the taxonomy, systematics, and phylogeny of vascular and nonvascular plants.
- BioNET - International: A global network of country-owned collaborative LOOPs to support national programs for biosystematics to support goals in areas such as sustainable development and pest management.
- Biodiversity and Biological Collection Databases: Information of interest to systematists and other organismic biologists such as biological collections, taxonomic files, directories and ListServ archives, computer programs, reports by standards bodies (IOPI, ASC, and SA2000), and access to on-line journals.
- Biognomen: A Linnaean taxonomy arranged to show the evolutionary relationships among groups. One can navigate through the hierarchy vertically, or follow a lineage horizontally at a particular level of the hierarchy.
- Classification Lab: A project examining the phylogenetic tree of life and all of its features, with information and pictures for every class and an interactive, dynamic hierarchy.
- Curiosities of Biological Nomenclature: Etymologies, puns and funny sounds, wordplay, and more in taxonomy.
- DELTA: Description Language for Taxonomy: A flexible format for encoding taxonomic descriptions for computer processing. It can be used to produce natural-language descriptions, conventional or interactive keys, classifications, and information-retrieval systems.
- ETI World Taxonomist Database: Directory of specialists searchable by name, country, or specialization.
- Expert Center for Taxonomic Identification: ETI is a non-governmental organisation in operational relations with UNESCO. Their mission is to develop scientific/educational computer-aided information systems, to improve general access to, and to promote use of taxonomic and biodiversity knowledge worldwide.
- Fairchild Tropical Garden Virtual Herbarium: Includes photos of more than 50,000 plant, palm, cycad and other cultivated tropical plants from Florida and taxonomic information on grasses, especially bamboos, and other economically important and interesting plants.
- Glossary of Phylogenetic Systematics: An annotated, extensive hypertext glossary of the terminology of Phylogenetic Systematics, with a discussion and criticsm of mainstream Computer Cladistics.
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System: Authoritative taxonomic information on plants, animals, fungi, and microbes of North America and the world.
- NCBI Taxonomy Homepage : The NCBI Taxonomy Homepage
- Partnerships for Enhancing Expertise in Taxonomy: National Science Foundation (USA) competition to support competitively reviewed research projects that target groups of poorly known organisms.
- Scalenet - Glossary: A short glossary explaining some of the terms used in taxonomy. From a site on scale insects.
- Science at the Natural History Museum: A world leader for research on taxonomy and biodiversity.
- Systema Naturae 2000: An up-to-date historical cross-referenced classification of life based on original authorative scientific literature.
- Taxonomy and Systematics at Glasgow: About taxonomy and systematics at the University of Glasgow, with links to other internet resources on these subjects.
- Tree of Life: A project containing information about the diversity of organisms on Earth, their history, and characteristics. The information is linked together in the form of the evolutionary tree that connects all organisms to each other.
- Treebase: A relational database of phylogenetic trees and the data matrices used to generate them from published research papers. Includes animals, plants, and fungi.
- Universal Biological Indexer and Organizer: A networked information service for biological information resources, based upon the Taxonomic Name Server, a thesaurus of taxonomic information.