Search Home : Science : Biology : Zoology : Animal Behavior
- Animal Behavior and Sociobiology: Lecture on sociobiological behavior based on experimental animal observation from McMaster University.
- Animal Behaviour Lab, Macquarie University: Overview of current research at Macquarie University, Australia, with detailed material on each project, including sound recordings, video clips, and PDF files. Opportunities for graduate students and postdocs are also listed.
- Archives of ETHOLOGY@SEGATE.SUNET.SE: Archives of active internet discussion `group` on animal behavior.
- Biopsy: Annotated links and other resources on animal behaviour, behavioural endocrinology, evolutionary and biological psychology, and research on wolves and other canids. Maintained by Simon Gadbois, lecturer at Acadia and Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Bird Behavior: Information about and tables of contents from an international, interdisciplinary journal publishing research on descriptive and experimental analyses of species-typical avian behavior, including the areas of ethology, behavioral ecology, comparative psychology, and behavioral neuroscience.
- Center for the Integrative Study of Animal Behavior: Information from Indiana University's program on animal behavior, with resources for both amateurs and students looking for a graduate program in the field.
- Encyclopedia of Psychology - Animal Behavior: Links to resources on animal behavior and instincts.
- Ethology: Tables of contents, contacts, and subscription information for this Blackwell journal.
- Ethology Ecology and Evolution: Publishes research and review articles on all aspects of animal behavior. Formerly called Monitore Zoologico Italiano.
- Fauna Communications Research: Institute researches bioacoustics and animal communication, especially of endangered species.
- Feral Cats: Information on a study of feral cats in Portsmouth Naval Dockyard (UK), conducted by Jane Dards in the 1970s. The study covered population ecology and social behaviour.
- First European Conference on Behavioural Biology: The European Societies for Behavioural Biology present a joint conference in Muenster from July 31 to August 4, 2002
- Honey Bee Research at the University of Illinois: Research in Gene E. Robinson's lab studying the mechanisms of social behavior in honey bees.
- Insect Behavior and Chemical Ecology Lab: Research interests of Ring T. Cardé's laboratory at the University of California, Riverside, including evolution of insect mating signals, mating disruption, insect orientation to chemical signals, and computer simulations.
- International Council of Ethologists: Information about past and future International Ethological Conferences.
- Konrad Lorenz Institut for Comparative Ethology: An Institute of the Austrian Academy of Sciences that investigates the major unsolved problems in behavioral and evolutionary ecology.
- Movie Archives of Animal Behavior: An online database of video of animal behavior in mpg format, mostly filmed in Japan.
- NPR : Animal Thought and Communication: NPR's Ira Flatow and guests look at thought and communication in apes, gorillas and monkeys. Guests: Marc Hauser, Professor of psychology at Harvard University; Barbara King, Professor of anthropology, college of Willam and Mary; Dorothy Cheney, Professor of biology, University of Pennsylvania. [33:30 Realaudio broadcast]
- Ontologies for Ethology: Peter E. Midford's research in coding animal behavior descriptions, particularly ethograms using ontology and knowledge represention techniques.
- Phenology: Animal activity and growth responses to seasonal climatic changes. Discussion of phenology, and information on recording plant and animal cycles of life as well as other natural history events.
- The Dolphin Institute: Dedicated to conservation of and education about dolphins and whales. Research projects include dolphin echolocation, language capabilities, and memory and humpback whale socialization and migration.
- The Slagsvold Group: A research `group` at the Department of Biology, University of Oslo, Norway. Currently research is focused on the study of sexual imprinting in small passerines, and its consequences for interspecific brood parasitism, hybridization, and speciation.
- The Whiting Lab: Research focuses on behavior and evolutionary ecology of lizards and cichlids. Features description of projects, staff profiles, news, and publications. Wits University, South Africa.
- Tim Birkhead: Researcher interested in population biology and behavioural ecology of birds, especially the functional and causal aspects of sperm competition in birds. University of Sheffield, UK.