Search Home : Science : Earth Sciences : Geology : Rocks and Minerals : Organizations : Collectors and Amateur Interests
- Amateur Geologists' Web-Ring: A web-ring for individual geology enthusiasts or 'not-for-profit' geological Societies with educational rather than commercial web pages.
- American Federation of Mineralogical Societies Faceters List: Homepage of the organization with FAQs and email list.
- Calgary Rock and Lapidary Club: Non-profit organization of rockhounds interested in all aspects of the earth sciences including such areas as lapidary, collecting, gems, minerals, fossils, crystals, geology, paleontology and gemology.
- Charlotte Gem and Mineral Club: The club's purpose is to foster interest in, and promote knowledge of minerals, gems, fossils, and all earth sciences, and disseminate info and instruction in the lapidary arts, and the utilization of precious metals in crafts.
- Chicago Rocks & Minerals Society (CRMS): Information on faceting, gems, crystals, rocks, minerals, lapidary arts, fossils, and related club activities in the Midwest U.S.
- Convair Rockhound Association: Family-oriented club, located in San Diego, CA. Activities include field trips, monthly meetings, jewelry making and shows.
- Dallas Gem and Mineral Society: A non-profit organization dedicated to continuing education in all of the earth sciences, with activities in rockhounding,lapidary arts and jewelry making.
- Del Air Rockhounds, Inc.: A lapidary arts, paleontology, geology and jewelry making club in the San Fernando Valley. Site includes online field trip reports, gem fair information, and educational materials.
- Echuca Gem Club: Australian gem club whose activities include; monthly meetings, field trips and events. Articles, photos and links.
- Fallbrook Gem and Mineral Society: Based in Fallbrook, California. Features events calendar and descriptions of meetings.
- Farnham Geological Society: Background and aims of the Society, lists lecture programmes and gives details of field trips, based Farnham, Surrey, UK.
- Flatirons Mineral Club: A non-profit organization located in Boulder, Colorado. Fostering interest and education in earth sciences and associated hobbies.
- High Point Gem and Mineral Club--High Point, NC: Monthly field trips to mining sites.
- Houston Gem and Mineral Society: Organization of rockhounds, fossil collectors, and those interested in the lapidary arts.
- Lubbock Gem and Mineral Society: Club promotes the study and collecting of minerals, fossils, artifacts and the lapidary arts. Activities include field trips, annual ice cream social, and Lubbock Gem and Mineral Show.
- Middle Tennessee Rockhounds: Group of individuals who share common interests in collecting and working with gems, minerals, jewelry, geology, and fossils.
- Montgomery Gem & Mineral Society: A lapidary arts, paleontology, geology and jewelry making club serving the Montgomery, AL area.
- Montreal Gem and Mineral Club: Non-profit organization with workshops, field trips, shows and related links.
- MyRocks: Non-comercial site shows pictures of agates, geodes, crystals and other specimens. Kamloops, B.C. Canada.
- North Jeffco Gem and Mineral Club, Arvada, Colorado: Purpose is to promote the Earth Sciences through programs at our monthly meetings. Members enjoy rockhounding (rocks, minerals and fossils).
- Olympic Rock Clubs: Information on active gem, mineral, and jewellery making clubs in Western Washington, USA.
- Rocky Mountain Federation of Mineralogical Societies: Regional federation of amateur enthusiasts in gems, minerals, fossils and the lapidary arts covering Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Wyoming.
- S.C.R.I.B.E.: Special Congress Representing Involved Bulletin Editors -- An organization of gem and mineral club bulletin editors.
- Santa Clara Valley Gem and Mineral Society: Monthly meetings, speakers, study groups, field trips, classes, newsletter, library.
- Sedona/Oak Creek Rock Club: A gem and mineral club with field trips, lapidary, and rockhounding.
- Sierra Pelona Rock Club: Home page of the Sierra Pelona Rock Club, Santa Clarita's Club for Rockhounds. Local events, Rock collecting sites, field trips, Gems and Minerals
- South Bay Lapidary and Mineral Society: California society with monthly meetings and field trips for rockhounds, lapidary enthusiasts, and those interested in geology.
- The Lapidary Society of British Columbia: A non-profit organization to encourage and promote the hobby of lapidary. Club Directory, gem and mineral shows, field trips, and other activities of member clubs.
- The Niagara Peninsula Geological Society: Non-profit organization that holds monthly meetings, field trips, and an annual show about all aspects of geology.
- Tuscarora Lapidary Society's Gemarama: Tuscarora Lapidary Society, a club outside of Philadelphia, PA offers classes in the lapidary skills. The club also hosts a large annual gem show with exhibits, dealers, and demonstrations.
- Victoria Lapidary and Mineral Society: Official web site of the VLMS (British Columbia, Canada). Club information, activities and events.
- Washington State Rockhounding: Trips and photos, classifieds, site map, weather forecast, government contacts, and further reading.
- Willamette Agate and Mineral Society: Rockhounding, flintknapping and field trips for collecting gems, minerals, and fossils.
This category in other languages: