Search Home : Science : Earth Sciences : Geomatics : Global Positioning System
- Australian Global Positioning Systems Society: A free membership society to bring together the delegates, sponsors, and exhibitors for the Satellite Navigation Conference and to foster, develop, and assist the Global Positioning System disciplines.
- Cetus GPS: Navigation, tracking and field data collection software for PalmOS handhelds.
- Chartracer Software: Cartographic Software is for making moving maps on which GPS data from a serial port are plotted. Data are tracked remotely via CDPD modems and internet sites.
- David L. Wilson's GPS Accuracy Web Page: Global Positioning System Accuracy
- Emily Programme: A system study researching the coupling of terrestrial positioning and the satellite-based positioning.
- GENESIS: Suite of data services that brings together the new Earth science products to be produced by spaceborne Global Positioning System (GPS) receivers. It serves mainly as a database for GPS occultation observations.
- GIS Services: Specializes in ArcView GIS training and provides commodities, services and training for implementing and integrating solutions with GIS, GPS, AVL, internet mapping and satellite imagery.
- GPS ActiveX: Download information into a Visual Basic application or web page. Garmin, Magellan, Navman or any NMEA 0183 enabled GPS supported. UTM, SPCS, British National Grid, and most other national coordinate systems supported. [Windows and Pocket PC].
- GPS Applications Exchange: GPS technology usage world-wide is featured. GPS application stories are accessed by geographic regions. GPS tutorials are available to enhance understanding.
- GPS Clocks for Computer Time Synchronization: Learn about how to use GPS for computer time synchronization. We offer a GPSClock (for computer use) that's accurate to a millionth of a second. Ideal for running a stratum one NTP server.
- GPS Control Base Station on Internet: GPS Base Stations located in New Zealand, Australia, and New Guinea. Download GPS data files for $40-$70 per day.
- GPS Deformation Monitoring: Objective is the development of a system for rapid and inexpensive monitoring of unstable slopes, such as pit walls, earth\rock slopes and dam walls using global satellite positioning technology.
- GPS Discounts for Educators: GPS special pricing for Trimble GeoExplorer 3 and ProXR/XRS educator kits. GPS education and training courses. Tutorials to learn about the GPS system. GPS consulting and course development.
- GPS Information: Mehaffey, Yeazel and DePriest's site provides dozens of reviews and technical articles on GPS receivers and software, and a huge list of links.
- GPS Kwajalein: GPS Ground Station on Kwajalein Island, photographs of the island and site. Links to others GPS sites.
- GPS Precise Orbits: Global Positioning System satellite ephemerides ("orbits") information for the general public, from US NOAA. GPS precise orbits are derived using 24 hour data segments from the global GPS network. An informational summary file is provided to document the computation and to convey relevant information about the observed satellites, such as maneuvers or maintenance. Orbits generally are available 2 to 6 days after the observation.
- GPS Site from Univ of Texas: Global positioning system overview and bibliography.
- GPS Status Information from US Naval Observatory: Via ftp.
- GPS by Globespotter: GPS education, news, hardware, software, and links. Digital mapping.
- Hyperbolic Positioning Algorithm: An algorithm for obtaining an exact solution for the three dimensional location of a mobile given the locations of four fixed stations (like a GPS satellite or a base station in a cell) and the signal time of arrival (TOA) from the mobile to each station. From Ralph Bucher.
- Internet-based Global Differential GPS: C-language software package for GPS-based real-time positioning and orbit determination. Includes system overview, technical papers, and a live demo .
- Outdoor Gear Reviews: GPS receiver comparisons.
- RLA GeoSystems: Source for GPS information and training. Trimble ProXRS and GeoExplorer3 receivers, top 10 websites, GPS for educators and free help.
- Satellite Navigation and Positioning Group (SNAP): SNAP is Australia's largest academic GPS research `group` specialising in high precision GPS technology and applications.
- Septentrio Satellite Navigation: Dual frequency GPS & GLONASS, as well as EGNOS, WAAS and MSAT based on an in-house single baseband processor.
- The GPS Waypoint Base: Non-commercial project allowing the collection or submission of GPS waypoints.
- The Global Positioning System: The History of GPS: The history and story of how the Global Positioning System evolved from the development of the world's most accurate timepieces, atomic clocks, by physicists looking into the nature of time. Adapted from an article written by MIT scientist Daniel Kleppner.
- The National GPS Network: Resource from the UK Government intended for GPS-equipped surveyors, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) developers who work with Ordnance Survey (OS) mapping. Includes the Passive Station Database, Active Station RINEX Data, and Coordinate Converter services.
- Travel by GPS: Downloadable free GPS maps for travel adventures, self-guided tours, and outdoor activities. Map data includes waypoints and routes for use with handheld GPS and car navigation systems.
- USCG Navigation Center: GPS, DGPS, LORAN-C, OMEGA, navigation systems, GPS navigation, DGPS navigation.
- Wayhoo.com: Database of geographical waypoint information and utilities for GPS/GIS users.
- Wing Way Systems: Navigation-Wonder, a shareware GPS mapping navigation software including voice response system [Windows].
This category in other languages: