Search Home : Science : Environment : Agriculture
- Acid Sulfate Soils: On management of acid-forming soils in coastal New South Wales (Australia) agriculture. Drainage of coastal flood plains exposes these soils and releases acid leachate, aluminium, iron, and heavy metals into water.
- An Effect of Aeroionized and Ozonized Media upon Food Substances and Agricultural Raw Materials: Abstract of research on effects of aeroionized and ozonized media and of other external factors upon metabolic processes of aerobic organisms (both procaryote and eukaryote).
- Blackland Research Center Water Sciences Laboratory, Texas: The Blackland Research Water Quality `group` is currently working on Water Quality research projects to develop Best Management Practices to reduce atrazine, sedimentation and nutrient losses from Central Texas farm and ranchland.
- Center for Agriculture in the Environment: US nonprofit research center that conducts public policy research to reduce the loss of productive farmland and to promote farming practices that lead to a healthy environment. Information about projects, grant opportunities, and beneficial farm practices.
- Enviroclips: Short articles on environmental aspects of agriculture, freely available for republication, from the agribusiness company Syngenta. Topics include soil and water conservation, precision agriculture, biotechnology, pesticides, and government regulation.
- European Environment Agency - Agriculture Themes: Collection of indicators, reports, links, data sets and targets on topics related to European agriculture and the environment.
- Greenhouse Effect and Agriculture: A view on agriculture and global warming.
- Homepage of Frieder Graef: Personal homepage about soils/agriculture research in Niger, Chad and Israel, including soil erosion and desertification.
- Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy: Mission is to create environmentally and economically sustainable rural communities and regions through sound agriculture and trade policy. Supporting sustainable agriculture, reduced pesticide use, and related practices.
- Nutrient and Water Policy Update: About U.S. federal and Pennsylvania state policies and programs to reduce environmental impacts of animal agriculture operations, plus information and links on agricultural water use and quality, impacts of concentrated animal feeding, and related topics.
- Phosphorus Index: Modeling tools for assessment of phosphorus loading to waters from fertilizer and other sources.
- Research into New Quarantine Treatments for Horticultural and Timber Products as Alternatives to Methyl Bromide Fumigation: Information on a multi-organization research project to find an alternative to the use of methyl bromide fumigation in agriculture, horticulture and forestry.
- Save Our Summers: Organization concerned about air quality and other impacts of large-scale agricultural burning in Washington and Idaho. Includes links to scientific articles, health information, and stories of people exposed to smoke.
- Smoke Management Program: revisions to the regulation governing agricultural burning in California.
- Strategies to Reduce the Emission of Greenhouse Gases and Environmental Toxic Agents from Agriculture and Land Use: About an interdisciplinary research project concerning the contribution of agriculture to possible climate change. Graduiertenkolleg Universität Hohenheim, Department of Agricultural Economics, Stuttgart, Germany.
- Systemwide Initiative on Malaria and Agriculture: CGIAR research initiative into the links between malaria risk and agriculture, and exploring options to reduce malaria in rural areas through better management of agro-ecosystems. General information and sign-up for e-mail discussion group.
- The Land Institute: Research in natural systems agriculture featuring perennial grain polycultures using nature as its measure.
- The Public Lands Grazing Activist: Essays, photos, and technical references related to the impacts of livestock grazing on public lands in the Southwestern U.S.
- The Soil Management Collaborative Research Support Program (SM-CRSP): Project to develop a decision support system for assessing tradeoffs between agricultural production and environmental impacts, for different economic, agricultural and environmental policies. Site has project reports, publications, and presentations.
- UK Ministry of Agriculture Fisheries and Food Central Science Laboratory: Carries out research on environmentally sound food production.
- UMD Agricultural Nutrient Management: Farmers and scientists can learn about nutrient contamination of the Chesapeake Bay and ways to prevent it by using best management practices.
- University of California Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program: Information on sustainable production, alternatives to methyl bromide, and related topics.
- Water Quality - University of Maine Cooperative Extension: Research information and advice to agricultural producers on best management practices to maintain water quality, including efficient nutrient and weed management practices and watershed management techniques.
This category in other languages: