Search Home : Science : Environment : Air Quality : Indoor Air Quality
- ACDoctor - Indoor Air Quality in Your Home: About identifying, preventing and correcting IAQ problems in residential settings. Commercial site.
- American Indoor Air Quality Council: A non-profit organization for indoor air quality professionals and technicians. Offers IAQ training and certification.
- American Lung Association report on Air Cleaning Devices: Residential Air Cleaning Devices: Types, Effectiveness, and Health Impact.
- Building Air Quality's Indoor Air Quality Resource Site: Consulting firm provides information on a wide range of IAQ topics, including sick building syndrome, mold, fungi, air duct cleaning, ozone generators, and investigation of indoor air.
- CEC Consultants, Inc. - Indoor Air Quality FAQ: Introduction to IAQ and sick building syndrome.
- California Indoor Air Quality Program: From the California Department of Health Services. Lots of info. Great factsheets: mold, classrooms and air quality, asbestos, hazards of ozone-generating air cleaning devices, and selecting an indoor air quality consultant.
- Consumer Information: Reducing Indoor Air Pollution: Brochure covers sources of indoor air pollution and what you can do about each source.
- EPA's Indoor Air Quality: Information for homeowner, schools, commercial buildings and environmental professional on indoor air quality. Extensive links to sites.
- Greenguard Environmental Institute: A scientific, third party board to establish environmental standards for indoor products and building materials. Aims to improve public health and quality of life by encouraging and helping manufacturers to build better, safer products and to uphold environmental practices in product development, manufacturing, and distribution.
- Healthy Indoor Air for America's Homes: Basic information for consumers on indoor air quality in their homes. Sponsored by US EPA and other organizations.
- Homeowners Candle Soot Damage Discussion Board: This message board is for the discussion of problems associated with candle soot deposition in homes. Exchange of mitigation or clean up techniques, health concerns, identification of brands & types of candles is encouraged.
- Homepage of Professor Richard Corsi: Information about our air quality research program at The University of Texas at Austin.
- IAQ List: Mailing list discusses issues and concerns regarding "Indoor Air Quality" including the identifcation and mitigation of contaminants.
- Indoor Air Quality: Advice on ways to improve the air quality inside your home or place of business.
- Indoor Air Quality - Tata Energy Research Institute: Information and analysis on indoor air quality in India and other developing countries including indoor air quality in commercial buildings, biomass cooking fuels, and in-vehicle exposure.
- Indoor Environment Notebook: An expert answers questions related to indoor air pollution, sick building syndrome, and irritants. Includes a 'question of the week' section.
- International Society of Indoor Air Quality and Climate: Non-profit organization whose purpose is to address indoor air quality. Founded in 1992 by 109 international scientists.
- Mold Tips: National Association of Homebuilders provides advice on testing, prevention, and control.
- Mold, Mildew, Fungus and Other Indoor Quality Problems: Provides links to resources that "provide information on maintaining good indoor air quality and eliminating problems associated with mold and mildew."
- Ohio Toxic Mold and IAQ Information: Information on toxic mold, asbestos, radon, lead and other indoor air quality issues
- Residential Air-Cleaning Devices - A Summary of Available Information: EPA's booklet on indoor air cleaning devices for the home.
- Residential Indoor Air Quality: Comprehensive guide. Pollutants and their sources are identified along with known health effects, exposure guidelines and pollutant control strategies.
- Risk Management Internet Services - Indoor Air: Providing paid subscribers with a directory of indoor air quality materials on subjects including sick building syndrome and legionella.
- Sick Building Syndrome and You: Symptoms, hazards, remedies, links to other informative sites and a personal account of the disease.
- Smoking and Indoor Air Quality: Health Canada factsheet. "Indoor air can become contaminated from many sources, but the most harmful and widespread contaminant of indoor air is tobacco smoke."
- Smoking and Ventilation Standards: Do ventilation systems remove secondhand smoke from indoor air, or just the odor? Information from Americans for Nonsmokers' Rights.
- The Indoor Air Quality Association: Nonprofit organization conducting education and research. Offers professional training, testing, and credentials in air quality and mold remediation fields. Includes organization information and links to related sites.
- The Inside Story - A Guide to Indoor Air Quality: EPA's booklet on IAQ.
- The Turmoil Over Mold in Buildings: New York Times article provides a discussion of health and legal (US) concerns related to mold and mildew and gives advice to homeowners and building managers. [Requires free registration.]
- You Are What You Breathe: A candid discussion of the use of ozone for indoor air purification and state-of-the-art air purifiers.