Search Home : Science : Environment : Directories
- EnviroLink: Non-profit EnviroLink Network is a clearinghouse for environmental information on the Internet, featuring daily news, sustainable business information, active user-forums, natural products and a comprehensive library of environmental resources on the Internet.
- National Council for Science and the Environment: National Library for the Environment Online. Very comprehensive collection of resources including U.S. Congressional Research Service reports, environmental news, directory of education resources, briefing books on climate change and other topics, and environmental glossaries.
- APEC Virtual Center for Environmental Technology Exchange: Directory of environmental science/technology sites on the Internet, including global and local topics. Includes a collection of environmental sites in Japan.
- Bioremedation Group BioLinks: Archive of Internet resources on bioremediation and related topics (biogeochemistry, hydrology, hazardous waste, environmental chemistry, microbial ecology, and general environmental topics) organized by topical categories.
- CIESIN - Center for International Earth Science Information Network: Center for International Earth Science Information Network, Columbia University -- Information resources on many topics related to the earth and its environment.
- Care2.com: Environmentally oriented search engine, forum and directory, with a shopping service that donates portion of sales to environmental causes.
- Chemicals in the Environment: Extensive on-line search of information stored in various environmental and regulatory databases, including CERCLIS, MERCK, CHEMHAZIS, BIOLOG. Information on Superfund sites, hazardous materials, environmental degradation.
- Earth Forums: Discussions about the environment and efficient living ideas. Links to sites of environmental interest.
- Eco-Portal - The Environmental Sustainability Info Source: Includes full text searches of reviewed environmental internet content and current news on a wide range of issues.
- EcoIQ : Environmental Resource: Resource guide, online journal, store, and links to government agencies that discusses efforts to build more sustainable communities.
- EcoLynx.com: Links to environmental news and current events. Also contains environmental education and research related information.
- EcoStreet - Eco Friendly Web Directory: The EcoStreet human edited web directory lists websites of companies and individuals who promote environmentally friendly and sustainable living through their products and services.
- Ecomall: "A place to help save the earth" : renewable energy, eco-investments, eco news, many eco-links, green shopping and resources for environmental activists.
- Ecosustainable Hub: A huge list of links to resources and tools on environment and sustainability. Also features online forums.
- Ed's World - The Official Website of Ed Begley Jr.: Extensive collection of links to Environmental Resources on the web, with emphasis on issues-oriented organizations and suppliers of products and information for sustainable living. Note: Site uses frames and has extensive graphics.
- EnviroOne: An environmental information center and search engine serving the general public.
- EnviroWindows: Environmental networks where remote users incorporate ecological considerations into business operations. Emphasis is on environmental management systems (EMS) and compliance with environmental legislation.
- Envirobiz (International Environmental Information Network): Search for information on conferences, professional services, government agencies and organizations; register for mailing lists. Mostly North American.
- Environment at Harvard: Includes a library of research materials for the study of the environment, as well as archives for several environmental science list-serves.
- Environmental Business Portal: EcoBizPort.com is a comprehensive environmental information business portal linking businesses, professionals and individuals to an array of environmental information on the Internet.
- Environmental Impact Analysis Data Links: U.S. Geological Survey created this collection of online environmental datasets.
- Environmental Information Resources: Topical sections include US environmental resources (listed both by subject and by name), international environmental resources by country, environmental education programs and campus ecology initiatives, environmental career opportunities, environmental usenet news groups, and environmental listservs. From George Washington Univ.
- Environmental Issues from About.com: Articles and internet links on a wide range of environmental topics. Includes interest groups, magazines, policy, and environmental jobs.
- Environmental Professional's Homepage: Rapid information retrieval designed specifically for environmental consultants and remediation professionals. Lots of lists.
- Environmental Resources on the Internet: A directory of environmental sites on the Internet arranged by subject.
- Environmental Web Directory: A directory of informational and commercial web sites related to environment and environment protection.
- Environmental Yellow Pages: Directory of environmental businesses for the USA & Canada, plus collections of informational links on a range of environmental topics.
- Environmental-Expert.Com: A sizeable library of links to environmental information resources on the web. Categories include companies (consulting, laboratories, suppliers), education, employment, government, organizations, remediation, water resources, and web directories.
- Envirospace: Environmental portal for academics and professionals covering eco design, waste management, climate issues and pollution. Contains environmental resources and links and opportunity to discuss environmental issues.
- Envirotransacro: Guide to environmental and transportation acronyms and abbreviations, annotated with Web links to sites related to many of the acronyms.
- Evonymos Ecological Library: A collection of online resources for a wide range of environmental topics.
- GEO Data Portal: Access to UNEP on-line database holding more than 300 different variables, as national, subregional, regional and global statistics or as geospatial data sets (maps).
- GEsource: Provides access to thousands of educational, teaching and learning resources in geography and environmental science.
- GNET: Global Network of Environment & Technology: News and information environmental technology, environmental business, and clean-up. U.S. focus.
- GeoEarth.com: Online resources for learning about Earth: environmental news, Earth & space cams, journals & magazines, resources for professionals
- Governmental and private resources for the environmental manager: From the Chemical Industry Home Page
- Green Lynx: Care2 offers thousands of links to environmental topics from vegetarianism to land management. Organized by topic, but not within topics.
- Green Networld: A `resource` for environmental awareness, green living and human rights. Facts, addresses, links, tips, software, green businesses, support groups.
- Green Pages Directory: Directory of Earth-friendly products, service, and organizations plus a business-to-business directory.
- GreenBiz.com: Web portal for companies seeking to align environmental responsibility with business success. Includes news, tools, reports, mentor programs, awards, and government resources.
- IASB (International Academy @ Santa Barbara) Environmental KnowledgeBase: Indexed citations to more than 600,000 environmental-science-related articles published over 26+ years. Since 1997 authors' abstracts have been included. Subscription required.
- LLEK - Environmental Science: Collection of internet links to environmental studies journals and other environmental and earth sciences resources.
- NextStep: Information `resource` collection and well-annotated directory of websites related to sustainable communities, pollution control and prevention, sustainable agriculture, and related topics, with a particular focus on Minnesota.
- PopPlanet: A large collection of catalogued electronic resources and internet links on the topics of population and environment. Includes country-specific profiles and abstracts of technical articles.
- Right-To-Know Network: Data and documents on environmental topics such as toxic chemical releases, toxic waste handlers, superfund sites, and regulations. U.S. focus.
- SaveTheEnvironment.com: Features environmental links, information, and activism on the world wide web.
- Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center: Access to integrated social and natural science data by the Center for International Earth Science Information Network at Columbia University.
- The International Corporate Environmental Reporting Site / Milieujaarverslagen: Subjects include environmental performance measuring and accounting, issues such as "the relation between financial institutes and the environment" and "the relation between environmental performance and shareholder value/financial results," international news, web links. Based in the Netherlands.
- The Internet Geographer: Web directory of useful links for school geography classes, selected and summarised by experienced teacher. Includes many links on environmental topics.
- The Need to Know Library - Ecology and Environment Links: Internet directory intended for botanists, plant ecologists, conservation biologists, `resource` managers, and students at the university or high school levels.
- The Prairie List: Over 2,500 links to environmental organizations across Canada and the United States.
- The-Environment.net: Environmental `resource` about nature, recycling, technology, ecology, green products, oceans, kids and the environment, and local and global issues -- including a discussion forum and links to earth friendly sites.
- World.Org: "World Environmental Organization" lists links to 1000 "top environmental sites." Also has environmental news, tips for sustainable living, and information on how to recycle a variety of materials.