Search Home : Science : Environment : Education : Organizations
- Advanced Technology Environmental Education Center: Seeks to advance environmental technology (ET) education through curriculum development, professional development, and program improvement in community colleges and high schools.
- American Nature Study Society: Information about this organization, which helps promote effective education and environmental literacy workshops, publications, field trips, and conferences. Encourages student-centered hands-on learning bridging between the natural sciences, social sciences, and humanities.
- Back Bay Restoration Foundation: The Back Bay Restoration Foundation (BBRF) site is dedicated to education toward the preservation, restoration and enhancement of the water quality in the Back Bay watershed in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- Carbon County Environmental Education Center: Provides residents in Carbon with environmental classes, programs, wildlife rehabilitation, research and conservation.
- Central America Ecology and Environment: Dedicated to the compilation and distribution of data and information. Features mailing list, news, directory of links, and contacts. In English and Spanish.
- Coalition for Education in the Outdoors: A non-profit network of environmental education centers, conservation and recreation organizations, schools, fish and wildlife agencies, and businesses to support outdoor education.
- Cobbs Creek Environmental Center: Philadelphia-based non profit organization specializing in youth programs, teacher training, stream monitoring and watershed sutides.
- Delaware Nature Society: A non-profit organization that provides environmental education and advocacy; manages nature centers and preserves; has a native plant garden, butterfly house and historic gristmill; offers international trips.
- EE Resources for the U.S. - Mexico Border: In Spanish and English, offering comprehensive information on environmental education programs and organizations along the U.S - Mexico border.
- Earth Foundation: Empowers students and educators to work toward a healthy environment through the Adopt an Acre rainforest conservation program, education and ecotours.
- Earthnomad Foundation: The Foundation allocates resources and contributes to public and private efforts in Earth Sustainability and in raising awareness of the uniqueness and fragility of our living environment.
- EcoStewards Alliance: A non-political, environmental organization focused on individual education for making earth-friendly choices in the household and the community.
- Ecolinc - Environmental Awareness NE Scotland: Ecolinc promotes environmental awareness by organising projects, seminars, school quizzes, surveys and debates in NE Scotland.
- Environmental Education Agency: Provides environmental education resources, and also gives out awards to organisations who had provided the masses with better understanding to the environment.
- Environmental Education Association of Washington: Local information for educators in the Pacific Northwest of North America, plus links to other environmental education resources.
- Environmental Education Centre: Environmental Education Centre (Tamil Nadu, India) provides information on many topics, pertaining primarily to South Asia, organized by age-level of student.
- Environmental Education Council of Ohio: EECO promotes environmental education to all audiences in the state of Ohio.
- Environmental Education Directory of New Zealand: Directory that comprises of aspects like heritage, land, infrastructure, air and biodiversity in the environment of New Zealand.
- Environmental Forum of Marin: A Marin County, California, nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving the quality of our environment through education.
- Environmental Literacy Council: Discussions of environmental topics, with selected links, intended to help K-12 teachers and students to find substantive information about the environment on the Internet. Also includes a review of advanced placement textbooks in environmental science.
- Environmental Site, The: Information and resources for environmental practitioners, educators, and students, covering topics including pollution prevention, environmental justice, and green chemistry.
- For Ed BC: This BC, Canada-based non-partisan organization provides environmental education teaching resources for a variety of subjects and grade levels.
- Global Environmental and Outdoor Education Council (GEOEC) of Alberta Teachers' Association: Lesson plans and resources for teaching about the environment, global interdependence, and sustainability.
- Global Habitat Project Online: Offers newsletters for students and educators, covering a wide-range of topics related to science and the environment with some articles online.
- Greenworks TV: Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection environmental education website. Extensive collection of online materials.
- Harmony Foundation: A non-profit that creates innovative environmental and community training programs and educational materials for educators, youth, the workplace and communities.
- Investigate Biodiversity: Investigate Biodiversity, an educational tool for science students brought to students by the Conservation International and Intel Corporation
- King County Water and Land Resources: Information on lakes, streams, marine waters, wetlands, and fish and wildlife habitat and their protection. Specific to King County, Washington, but also of general interest.
- Leave No Trace: Leave No Trace encourages responsible, non-motorized outdoor activities with minimal impact on public recreational areas. The program provides education in outdoor skills and ethics.
- Massachusetts Environmental Education Society: Provides networking and educational resources such as annual conference, job listings, event listings, and student activities to the environmental education community.
- Missoula County Weed District: Learn about the environmental effects of noxious weeds, integrated weed control, and the educational and grant programs available.
- Montana Conservation Voters Education Fund: Montana Conservation Voters Education Fund increasing citizen participation in local, state, and national democratic processes on environmental issues.
- National Wildlife Federation Environmental Education: School and community program resources for students and teachers with publications such as "Ranger Rick".
- North American Association for Environmental Education: For professionals and students, global membership. Curriculum standards, guidelines on professional qualifications of educators, conferences, and professional development opportunities.
- Orion Society, The: Non-profit organization that publishes Orion magazine and Orion Afield, sponsors conferences, teacher training and model classroom programs, and Stories in the Land teaching fellowships.
- Pfeiffer Nature Center -building knowledge of our natural world: Provides listing of educational events, nature activities and research that promote responsibility and stewardship for nature within the local community through a variety of programs.
- Placer Nature Center: Non-profit organization in California's Sierra Nevada foothills, dedicated to educating the public on environmental issues. Teaching composting, land preservation and the necessity of the wild animals to human existence.
- Planeta Vivo Foundation: Environmental science organization comprised of teachers, students, and private and public institutions. Offers documentary research, educative research, and teacher training.
- Project Food, Land and People: A nonprofit educational organization promoting learning to help people better understand agriculture, the environment and people of the world.
- Schools For a Sustainable Development: An Australian organization which seeks to increase children's access to quality, hands-on environmental-sustainable education and sponsored school environmental projects.
- Shenandoah National Park Association: SNPA is a non-profit partner with Shenandoah National Park providing informational and educational items to park visitors. Maps, hiking guides, nature guides, cultural and other information helps plan visits or to better enjoy the Park.
- Southwest Environmental Research & Education: Non-profit `group` dedicated to issues of concern in the US Four Corners region of the United States. Offers mission statement, news, contacts and links.
- The EDGE: Empowers diverse youth to make environmentally responsible decisions through project design and management. Includes a list of programs and downloads.
- The Earthling: A variety of environmental education programs for students with performances featuring original characters, music and magic for younger grade levels and presentation programs for higher levels.
- The Environmental Studies Centre: Promoting awareness by providing education, the ESC in Kritou Terra, Cyprus, on the outskirts of the proposed Akamas national park, was the first environmental education centre on the island.
- The Institute for Earth Education: The world's alternative to agency- and industry-sponsored supplemental environmental education.
- The League of Environmental Educators in Florida: Professional organization comprised of individuals, institutions, and agencies committed to environmental education. Site has organization information, teaching resources, and related information.