Search Home : Science : Environment : Energy
- Asian Regional Research Programme in Energy, Environment and Climate, ARRPEEC: Conducting research on energy-environment-climate issues in Asia. Objectives include mitigation of greenhouse gases and other hazardous emissions. Centered in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Avian Collision and Electrocution: An Annotated Bibliography: California Energy Commission compilation of information about losses of birds due to collisions with power lines, towers, wind turbines, and other structures, and from electrocution by power lines.
- Coal Combustion, Inc.: Provides coal and power industries with sound coal quality and utilization services through classes, seminars, and training. Offers articles, publications, and stories.
- CoalBed Methane Coordination Coalition: Wyoming `group` concerned with protecting ownership and lease rights, preventing waste or damage to natural resources, providing safe working and living environments, and other aspects of coalbed methane development.
- EPA Clean Energy Site: EPA site to supply information on clean energy programs. Home of Power Profiler and eGRID.
- Electrotechnology Applications Center: Provides confidential assistance to businesses to improve productivity, increase energy efficiency, and achieve and maintain environmental compliance.
- Energy - Ministère des Ressources naturelles: Information on how the Québec government and its partners develop, distribute and manage natural resources, in particular hydro-electricity and new forms of energy such as solar and wind energy.
- Energy and Environment at the University of Washington: University course on energy consumption and production patterns, fossil energy conversion and resources, nuclear energy, and environmental consequences.
- Environmental Organization WebDirectory - Science:Energy: Energy planning, alternative fuels, geothermal, energy conservation, energy efficient housing, and heat pumps.
- Environmental-Expert.com: articles, events, software, and web resources for energy and renewable energy.
- Green Energy Project: Information on "green energy" sources, energy-related emissions and their environmental impacts, and economic benefits of emissions reductions.
- Millennium Energy Inc: energy company specializing in capturing waste CO2 from fossil fuel combustion to enhance oil recovery
- Modern Dragons: Threatening Global Disaster: Essays on various topics related to energy and the environment. One essay argues that sensationalization of threats from nuclear power has created a public phobia similar to the irrational fear of dragons felt by naïve peasants of the middle ages.
- National Photovoltaic Environmental, Health and Safety Assistance Center: Information and analysis on environmental aspects of photovoltaic (solar electric) technology, including concerns about heavy metals in solder. Funded by the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Proposed Guidelines for New Thermal Power Plants (TPPs) Prepared by the World Bank: Implications in the Indian Context: Discussion of potential issues in applying environmental guidelines on air emissions, water effluents, and siting in India.
- Renewing India: A site dedicated to energy and environment in India. An exhaustive information on all forms of renewable energy and energy efficiency, energy policies, news, newsletters, and articles.
- Roy's Home Page: Information and analysis on the human and environmental impacts of hydroelectric projects and other energy technology, dam safety, integrated `resource` planning, and other topics. Includes comparative study of hydroelectric projects in Canada and India.
- SGA Energy Limited: Environmental consulting firm of engineers and economists performing studies on renewable energy development, climate change topics, and other aspects of energy and environment, in Canada and internationally.
- Safe Waste And Power: A consultancy company that promotes the use of Plasma Gasification for waste disposal and power generation. Describes what it is and how it works.
- Solar Electric Light Fund: non-profit charity which promotes solar rural electrification and energy self-sufficiency in developing countries.
- Solar Site: Lists innovative uses of solar energy used around the planet.
- Tata Energy Research Institute, TERI: A non-profit, scientific and policy research organization, working in India and globally in the fields of energy, environment and a whole range of sustainable development issues.
- Thermal Energy Group: The Termal Energy Group at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) carry out scientific research and education within conversion of natural gas, oil and solid fuels to mechanical work and useful heat.
- Treating Produced Water by Imitating Natural Ecosystems: Investigation into plant-based approaches for treating salty wastewater brought to surface with natural gas from gas wells.
- Union of Concerned Scientists: Clean Energy: Examines benefits and costs of energy use, and promotes energy technologies that are renewable, safe, and cost-effective.
- Western Research Institute: Conducts research and develops technologies for mitigating environmental effects of energy technologies. Includes information on coal, ash, heavy oil refining, alternative fuels, spill remediation, and related topics. Based in Laramie, Wyoming.
This category in other languages: