Search Home : Science : Environment : Environmental Health : Health Physics and Radiological Health
- Ionising radiation and health risk analysis: Simple to understand and user-friendly introduction to basic radiation concepts and health risk assessments.
- Biological Effects of UV Radiation from Radioisotopes: Research paper on emission of UV radiation from radioisotopes discovered recently by the author. Its biological effects, when administered in to the body as radiopharmaceutical was dealt with in this paper presented in 1999 at JNU, New Delhi.
- DOE Openness: Human Radiation Experiments: The Office of Human Radiation Experiments, established in March 1994, leads the Department of Energy's efforts to tell the agency's Cold War story of radiation research using human subjects. Identifies and catalogs relevant historical documents from records scattered across the country.
- Eneabba Walkabout: Problems with the technological enhancement of natural radioactivity and about 1,000 'radiation-related' links to about 170 countries
- Health Effects of Ionizing Radiation: A comprehensive report from the Canadian Environmental Advisory Council on the biological effects of radiation. Genetic damage, latency of cancer, units of exposure, biological effectiveness of radiation.
- Health Physics: Journal of the Health Physics Society. Provides abstracts and information about online subscription, services and author submission materials.
- How Stuff Works: Nuclear Radiation: Tutorial on ionizing radiation and how it affects all living organisms.
- IonActive Consulting: Provides a radiological (health physics) service to small users of ionizing radiation (mainly in the UK). Description of services.
- Ionizing Radiation Risks: Estimates of exposure to low-level ionizing radiation and related topics by Wolfgang Kohnlein.
- Ionizing Radiation Standards, Canadian Institute for National Measurement Standards: Conducts research and development on measurement of ionizing radiation and provides services such as calibrations, consultation and training to the medical, physics, cancer radiotherapy, radiation protection, international standards, and industrial communities.
- Louisville Background Radiation Monitor: An online geiger counter and statistics package providing background radiation data in Louisville, KY.
- Low-dose Radiation Effects: Canadian Radiobiologist, Dr. Ron Mitchel, describes the latest scientific research showing how low doses of radiation can prevent cancer and birth defects.
- Medical Health Physics Section: Medical Health Physics Section of the HPS. Information resources for medical health physicists.
- Multi-Agency Radiation Survey and Site Investigation Manual (MARSSIM): U.S. multi-agency (EPA, NRC, DOE) consensus document that provides information on planning, conducting, evaluating, and documenting environmental radiological surveys of surface soil and building surfaces for demonstrating compliance with regulations.
- NEWNET: Neighborhood Environmental Watch Network: Access radiological and meteorological data from monitoring sites in New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, Alaska, and Mississippi.
- NIOSH Occupational Energy Research Program: Research program on risks of occupational exposure to ionizing radiation.
- National Radiological Protection Board: Explains the role of the NRPB, a UK statutory body providing research and advice on protecting people from radiation hazards. Includes glossary of terms, information on several radiological topics, publications and services, training and customer support.
- New Jersey State Radiation Protection Programs: Information on state radiological regulatory programs, radiation safety in medicine and the environment. Nuclear reactor safety in New Jersey and related topics.
- Nick's World Collection of Radiation Links: Large collection of 'radiation-related' links (not all of them very radiation-related) from all over, organized by country. Also a technical paper on technological enhancement of natural radioactivity (TENORM).
- NukeWorker.com: Discussion, study materials, and employment information for workers in the nuclear power industry, primarily geared towards Health Physics Technician / Radiological Control Technicians (RCT).
- Radiation Effects Research Foundation: Private, nonprofit Japanese foundation, supported by the U.S. and Japan governments, that conducts research and studies on the effects of radiation exposure on humans with a view toward contributing to the maintenance of the health and welfare of atomic-bomb survivors and to the enhancement of the health of all people. Laboratories in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
- Radiation Emergency Assistance Center/Training Site: REAC/TS is part of the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education. Trains, consults, or assists in response to all types of radiation accidents or incidents. Provides guidance, resources and links.
- Radiation Information Network: Idaho State University site provides information on radiation and its effects and the professions of Radiation Protection.
- Radiation Injury: Overview and fact sheet from the Merck Manual Home Edition.
- Radiation Safety Information Computational Center: The Radiation Safety Information Computational Center (RSICC) is a Specialized Information Analysis Center (SIAC) authorized to collect, analyze, maintain, and distribute computer software and data sets in the areas of radiation transport and safety.
- Radiation Safety Resources: Resources in health physics and radiation safety. Focus on radiation cleanup standards and risk of low level radiation.
- Radiation and Health Physics: Information and links from the University of Michigan health physics students.
- Radiation and Life: Short introduction to the subject.
- Radioactivity in Norway's Marine Environment: Norwegian Ministry of Environment information on technetium in coastal waters and biota. [PDF]
- Radnet: Information about past releases and dispersion of radionuclides in the biosphere.
- Technologically-Enhanced Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (TENORM): Extensive source of information on natural radioactivity in the environment, as well as on issues related to NORM waste materials.
- U.S. EPA Radiation Protection Division: Information and educational materials. About radiological topics in general, plus EPA's activities in protecting the public and the environment from exposure, cleaning up radioactively contaminated sites, and participating in radiological emergency preparedness and response.
- U.S. NRC Radiation Protection: Nuclear Regulatory Commission information on health physics topics, dose standards and emergency response.
- U.S. Solar Radiation Resource Maps: Features maps which show general trends in the amount of solar radiation received in the United States and its territories. Viewable by data type, by month, or by instrument orientation.
- University of Illinois Radiation Safety: Provides resources, training information, faqs and online safety manual.
- Useful Radiation Safety Sites and References: Directory of websites with information on radiation safety, (both ionizing and non-ionising); advice on radiation protection; and links to UK legislation.
This category in other languages: